ECU Remapping by BVO, the sequel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jaleeks23;533448 said:
Can I ask please, if normal mode is so much improved, is there further improvement in sports mode or actually, normal and sports mode is the same now?

Oh...the sports mode is excellent. I had someone in the car yesterday and he was screaming like a girl when I took it through its paces in sports mode. :rock:

We all know who that person is :wink: :24:

Realred78;533454 said:
Oh...the sports mode is excellent. I had someone in the car yesterday and he was screaming like a girl when I took it through its paces in sports mode. :rock:

We all know who that person is :wink: :24:

Dei...you took that "girl" out ah! Habis la....i can imagine just how wild & scared she screams in the co-driver's seat. She sat once before in my ride and she almost pulled the upper holding bracket off! Lucky me she didn't take it 1 step further and piss in her pants! :eek: :24:

Hi guys, Sorry I missed the session. But did anyone with a 520i 2.2 get any good results from the remap?

I've read Realred's posts and I figure the stock 530 already pulls like a train, although it feels heavy from the get go. With the lightened throttle response and some performance increments, it must now drive like a dream hence the happy posts.

Quite hard to translate that remap success on a 530i to that to a 520i, which pulls smoothly like my little pony n friends, although it does hv a livable decent midrange but not much top end. Hopefully someone who has remapped his/her 520 2.2... can share

I think bro sewell should be able to help u on this..

Bimmerholic & Realred78,
I know this "chick" isn't it??

BERNARD IS COMING BACK!!!! :rock:

He has to come up to KL on 24th and said that if there is anyone who is interested to do remapping he will stay back. So let me know ASAP.

Realred78;533594 said:
BERNARD IS COMING BACK!!!! :rock:

He has to come up to KL on 24th and said that if there is anyone who is interested to do remapping he will stay back. So let me know ASAP.

How long will he stay this time?

556129;533511 said:
Hi guys, Sorry I missed the session. But did anyone with a 520i 2.2 get any good results from the remap?

I've read Realred's posts and I figure the stock 530 already pulls like a train, although it feels heavy from the get go. With the lightened throttle response and some performance increments, it must now drive like a dream hence the happy posts.

Quite hard to translate that remap success on a 530i to that to a 520i, which pulls smoothly like my little pony n friends, although it does hv a livable decent midrange but not much top end. Hopefully someone who has remapped his/her 520 2.2... can share

Hi bro 556129,

of course for 2.2 engine could not compare with realred78 530i. after remap the car actually feel more pick-up, and better respond in the range 2000 - 3000 rpm. you can feel the car are really going without lagging. anyway i am happy with the remap

afifazhanee;533602 said:
How long will he stay this time?

Bro,

It depends on whether there is anyone who wants to do the remapping. Bernard, is coming to KL for just the day but said he is willing to stay back if there are cars wanting remapping. So it all depends on the number of cars.

Realred78;533619 said:
Bro,

It depends on whether there is anyone who wants to do the remapping. Bernard, is coming to KL for just the day but said he is willing to stay back if there are cars wanting remapping. So it all depends on the number of cars.

wow, any function going on that day need bernad to come for 1 day trip.

Realred78;533619 said:
Bro,

I'll be away on 24th, and back in KL on 25th morning. I don't think Bernard will wait for me. Nevermind, I'll wait for next upcoming opportunity.

Ok. I'm not going to miss this round. What time is he arriving on 24th?

afifazhanee;533651 said:
I'll be away on 24th, and back in KL on 25th morning. I don't think Bernard will wait for me. Nevermind, I'll wait for next upcoming opportunity.

Bro, if you want to do your remapping on 25th, Bernard will stay on in KL. His trip to KL is for some other reason. He felt that since some guys missed out on the last session, he would stay on a few days if there is anyone who wants to do it.

This is not an organised remap session.

BMWs;533675 said:
Ok. I'm not going to miss this round. What time is he arriving on 24th?

Ok, the list is here. There is no time sessions as this is not an organised remap session. So what I suggest is that all those interested, please place your name in the list and PM me your contact numbers and I will pass it to Bernard

1. BMWs

Alright, just spoke to Bernard and he said that he can see the first car at 2.00pm. He is prepared to stay on a couple of nights if there are cars for him to do. The list so far:-

1. BMWs
2. Hhadi69 / E46 325i 2004 / (24th 5pm)

Thought I would share this with you guys. I found that my engine oil over the last few days has been a bit low. It occurs especially after I have given the car a good push (which I have been doing a lot off lately :wink:). I decided to take it to my mechanic, Steven, and he found that it had gone down a little bit. After a full check and confirming that there was no leak, he suggested that I just top it up.

I then told him that I had remapped the ECU. He was a bit skeptical about it being a conservative mechanic by nature. He told me that couple of his customers had done remapping before and that when diagnosing the ECU, there was always some fault reading coming up. He proceeded to plug in to diagnose my setting and to his surprise found that there were no faults. He did notice however, that the Engine temperature was at around 108 degrees compared to a stock which is around 105. He suggested that I change my engine oil to 10W60 instead of 5W40 which I have been using. The 10W60 is a a much thicker oil which he said is used by the M5 and M3. So he replaced the oil and and took it for a test drive.

Upon testing the car, he was amazed by the responsiveness of the car. He was even surprised when I told him the cost of the remapping. His other customers had spent around RM 2,500 for their remapping which did not produce the result that was expected. He actually was stumped. The first time in the 18 years that I have known him, he was actually amazed by an after market product.

It also show you what a great job Bernard did for my UDM. :rock: :top:

Realred78;536013 said:
Thought I would share this with you guys. I found that my engine oil over the last few days has been a bit low. It occurs especially after I have given the car a good push (which I have been doing a lot off lately :wink:). I decided to take it to my mechanic, Steven, and he found that it had gone down a little bit. After a full check and confirming that there was no leak, he suggested that I just top it up.

I then told him that I had remapped the ECU. He was a bit skeptical about it being a conservative mechanic by nature. He told me that couple of his customers had done remapping before and that when diagnosing the ECU, there was always some fault reading coming up. He proceeded to plug in to diagnose my setting and to his surprise found that there were no faults. He did notice however, that the Engine temperature was at around 108 degrees compared to a stock which is around 105. He suggested that I change my engine oil to 10W60 instead of 5W40 which I have been using. The 10W60 is a a much thicker oil which he said is used by the M5 and M3. So he replaced the oil and and took it for a test drive.

Upon testing the car, he was amazed by the responsiveness of the car. He was even surprised when I told him the cost of the remapping. His other customers had spent around RM 2,500 for their remapping which did not produce the result that was expected. He actually was stumped. The first time in the 18 years that I have known him, he was actually amazed by an after market product.

It also show you what a great job Bernard did for my UDM. :rock: :top:

Hi brother Realred78,

over the last few week after remap i also push my car hard, i like the feel of the pick-up you know what happen after this ? my water pump leak. drive to Albert to replace the water pump and found out the water pump is from stock 2003 till now. i also ask him to diagnose my car use his GT diagnose system and did not found any fault coming out. i will keep monitor my engine oil see there is any drop of it.

sewell;536022 said:
Hi brother Realred78,

over the last few week after remap i also push my car hard, i like the feel of the pick-up you know what happen after this ? my water pump leak. drive to Albert to replace the water pump and found out the water pump is from stock 2003 till now. i also ask him to diagnose my car use his GT diagnose system and did not found any fault coming out. i will keep monitor my engine oil see there is any drop of it.

Wah! You pushed your car till the water pump gave way?? You the man lah :adore:

Realred78;536027 said:
Wah! You pushed your car till the water pump gave way?? You the man lah :adore:

is time to replace the water pump edi. brother, mind to sell me your 18" ori rim?

Top Bottom