e92/e93 buying guide..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
rx8;712677 said:
U shd know of all people, since u already changed yrs. Did u consider then 2 change 2 bigger td04s. RBs r way 2 expensive. I have d wastegate rattlle since i got d car 8 months ago. It does go away after a minute like ryou's car. Msport said wastegates can b repaired at turbosangs workshop at less than 1k per pcs. U wanna sell yr spare ones?

yea, i have had the wastegate rattle for over 15k km, ever since i got the car. Anyway, like gripen said, refurb wastegate is not a issue nowadays, just 1-2 days downtime, fren just got his done at freddys. For me,getting the exact combo i wanted was more important then the rattle, which i knew could be fixed...alot harder to find original white, msport, red leather, sunroof and professional speaker set up car.

frens vishnu e93 been running on primax95 over 8 months with no issues so far

I am looking for a E92 325 LCI... Are there any out in the market yet? Perhaps in another year or so?

rx8;712725 said:
Dont ask freddy he will say no. My mechanic said dont as well, but 2 me d proof is whether d engine warning comes on or not. D bmw ecu/dme will definitely come up with a warning if something is amiss with d fuel. However i might b speaking 2 soon, until i give d car a 250km/hour sprint.
If can use......I'm going to try it...once I'm bck to kl.....will save lots of money.....

In France now. See lots of 335 here.....but not forgetting more Audi and vw....will snap some pics...to share

Monsieur danielle, must b cold like crazy there. How much is petrol there? No issues so far with primax 95 with my ride. My rx8 feels a little sluggish though with 95. Waiting 4 u come back 2 do d 250kmh highway run on primax 95. When u coming back?. Havent seen u in a while. Have fun man in europe! poor wife with d young ones 2 liik after. On her behalf, " come back soon low kong "

Rx8 & supergripen why la my name were mentioned aiyoooooo my 318 still virgin

rx8;713712 said:
Monsieur danielle, must b cold like crazy there. How much is petrol there? No issues so far with primax 95 with my ride. My rx8 feels a little sluggish though with 95. Waiting 4 u come back 2 do d 250kmh highway run on primax 95. When u coming back?. Havent seen u in a while. Have fun man in europe! poor wife with d young ones 2 liik after. On her behalf, " come back soon low kong "
Back next week, yes....not enjoying the weather. minus 3 - 12 sometimes.( happy to be a malaysian )......saw 335D and X6 M....and some concept cars in Toyota showrooms and Renault...Will contact you soon.....young man...

Bailey;713735 said:
Rx8 & supergripen why la my name were mentioned aiyoooooo my 318 still virgin

Haha...sori bang,gua layan jer.

If yours is 318,then mine is 316;)

The hunt continues for the E93 335i.... got a couple of questions / comments...

1. If I can see the slits on the driver side wheel liner - is it confirmed that the car is a M sport ? Strangely ALL the E93 335i I saw had the slits on the inside of the wheel liner on the driver side... am I that lucky to find all M-sports ?

2. Front fenders - I found that the front fender from the mid section to the front edge is wobbly and not tight on one car. Decided to go to another dealer who has 3 E93 and found that on one car it was tight while the other 2 it was equally wobbly... Does it mean accident damage not properly repaired or normal ??? Can any E92/93 owners please press on their front fenders and let me know if they are tight ?

Comments - finally test drove a E93 335i, supposedly with 20k km (front 2 seats leather not in good shape and faded bonnet ie rest of paint ok, led me to disbelieve the mileage). The ride was very smooth, reasonable handling and reasonable power. Was alittle disappointed because if this is with the M-Sport suspension, it was still way too soft (it had 18" rims though) and oil cooler slits. Power was also smooth, but I was expecting more , guess the roof and extra reinforcement is alot of extra weight to carry. Frankly, compared to my 2.7l Boxster, I was expecting more power.... of course in terms of cornering/handling, I didn't expect the E93 to compare with the Boxster. But the E93 (in its current form... haha) is going to be a good highway cruiser, which is what exactly what I was looking for (boxster is less than ideal for that). Should I be expecting the power on the E93 335i to be better than my slightly modded boxster (abt 240bhp vs 306bhp E93, 1300kg vs 1800kg) ?? My boxster even starts off only on 2nd gear unless I'm really pushing it and I think from 0 to 120kmh, it's definitely faster than the E93 (couldn't test the E93 any further due to traffic). I presume at higher speed the E93 should be better with the twin turbo 3 litre engine.

I'm looking for a replacement for the boxster so, wouldn't be considering the E92. I'll definitely be looking at a ECU tune... any recommendations ? Drooling over the Dinan, but it's just too much parts (intake, intercooler, oil cooler and maybe exhaust) and $$$ to achieve the 398bhp.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering (as I was), the roof was totally creak free and the chassis very stiff with only very little scuttle shake for a convertible. GOOD...

i believe there should be some correction to the first post..actually not all M-sport models has oil coolers and not all non-Msports models doesn't have one...it actually depends on the year of the car is manufactured...some say those manufactured before 03/2007 doesn't have any..but I've seen a few end 2006's come with oil coolers..not an issue tho as u can always install after market ones..

i guess the best way to tell the difference for the msport ones is to check out the ///M steering and the black colored window lining..the rest like bumpers, wheels, suspension, seats, etc. all can be ordered/installed as options from the previous owner..

other good options that are also nice to have are; Comfort Access System, Lumbar Support Seats, iDrive with TV function, Adaptive Headlights, Xenons, Sunroof etc.

just my 2 cents worth..

Hi guys, im newbie here. Im looking at the e93 330i 2nd hand. is it worth to buy? i meant yes i love the car so much but im afraid of the cost to maintain the car as the car is already 5 years old. its '07. I hope u guys can give me some advise. Is there any major problem for the car?

kevcrave;719374 said:
Hi guys, im newbie here. Im looking at the e93 330i 2nd hand. is it worth to buy? i meant yes i love the car so much but im afraid of the cost to maintain the car as the car is already 5 years old. its '07. I hope u guys can give me some advise. Is there any major problem for the car?

How much diff is it over the 325? In terms of price....think the engine is same but tuned up. And it is not offered in the M'sian market right?

Kevcrave why not consider a 335 ? you will not regret it. and with some shopping done, i am sure you can find one around that price. you want to buy my car? hahah...

Lol!! U wanna sell urs? I'll buy over then (wink wink) anyway, I've made the booking fee today and book my no plate as well. Just can't resist e93 anymore. I'm thinking bout 335 earlier but I heard there's HPFP faulty. I don know is it real or not :( if 325, price slightly lower but hardly to get 1 with idrive also :( that's y I'm considering this 330. Hope u guys can teach me more to maintain the car. Any meeting or tea session u guys planning on?

M5port;719599 said:
Kevcrave why not consider a 335 ? you will not regret it. and with some shopping done, i am sure you can find one around that price. you want to buy my car? hahah...

I think the e93 335i is quite a bit more expensive.... Found nothing in the low 200k range so far, alot around the 260-280k range. I think they're all still going at last year's price. Still have not found my e93 335i yet. Looking for the right specs, right condition and right price.... ha ha... Am also looking at recon so I can retain my reg no.

Tempted to just go for it.... One car was in pretty good shape and specs but pricey. One with decent price but condition not so great and was used not recon.

There are some 220k+ E92 335i being advertised but for me it's got to be a E93 preferably M Sport.

One question for all you sifus, I found that on one car, the boot lining and the tray below the lining was muddy.... puzzled me how this could be, as all the other cars I saw the boot was almost brand new clean. Accident ? rear end stuck in mud ??? Carry soil / plant from nursery ? I've bought enough used cars to never ignore anything.... Last time I ignored a water bottle in the car, it turned out the cylinder head cracked....

I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting the e93.. not my cuppa,especially the shape with the roof up.Looks ok with the roof down tho.Mind,the e93 is quite a bit heavier than the e92,so a 335i would be the obvious choice due to the torquey nature of the engine.Anything less you'll need to rev the crap outta the engine to get up to anything as fast.
Just my humble opinion la.. end of the day it's ur dough,all the best in finding ur dream BMW bro:)

Top Bottom