e92/e93 buying guide..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Im in the search of E92 335 but most of them doesnt comes with idrive, the question is why most of the imports doesnt have one? Ive seen 335 around 220k already but im looking for black/red or white/red combo.

MohdRidhwan;710983 said:
Im in the search of E92 335 but most of them doesnt comes with idrive, the question is why most of the imports doesnt have one? Ive seen 335 around 220k already but im looking for black/red or white/red combo.

The cars u see with no i drive are the leftovers, the importers didnt know the importance of idrive when they first started bringing in recon 335i. So all the idrive and msport cars got snapped up fast...leaving behind what u see now at dealer yards

Original white/red combo E92 with idrive is THE most sought after combo..be prepared to pay top ringgit for one...most dealers would say they have..when u go see..they will say "no problem, we respray to white for you...FOC"

Whoa! Another guy with good taste looking for black/red or white/red combo.
For convenience sake, prolly will get a black or white exterior and just spend some cash to change the black/grey/beige leather to red. Really lots of E93 with that kinda interior colour ah.

chairoger;711005 said:
Whoa! Another guy with good taste looking for black/red or white/red combo.
For convenience sake, prolly will get a black or white exterior and just spend some cash to change the black/grey/beige leather to red. Really lots of E93 with that kinda interior colour ah.

i got mine liao :love:

that pic was taken at 75k km, with just abit of TLC with 3M leather restorer

View attachment 22484

guys, is it normal to hear a "rattling metal" sound under the bonnet at the driver's side after you start the car? was told it's a common sound made by a 335i if it hasn't been started for a while..

SilverBullet;711286 said:
guys, is it normal to hear a "rattling metal" sound under the bonnet at the driver's side after you start the car? was told it's a common sound made by a 335i if it hasn't been started for a while..

yea, normally when u cold start u can hear it. its the wastegate in my car, goes away after the car is warmed up

Ryou;711329 said:
yea, normally when u cold start u can hear it. its the wastegate in my car, goes away after the car is warmed up

thanks bro for the feedback..guess it's not a cause for concern if the wastegate rattles and not a sign for any turbo failure

Seen a lot of 325i around 17*k, it is very tempting but still no match for 335i. Anyone of you guys DD your E92?

SilverBullet;711367 said:
thanks bro for the feedback..guess it's not a cause for concern if the wastegate rattles and not a sign for any turbo failure

That is not a good sign... it means the wastegates are starting to go.BUT it's not a major worry anymore since there are places nowadays that can refurb the wastegates.Maybe u can ask for a discount,perhaps rm2k worth.

Believe me,the wastegates shouldn't rattle.. even from a cold start.Something I discovered the hard way.

Check out Vishnu's N54 single turbo conversion wink wink...;)

U shd know of all people, since u already changed yrs. Did u consider then 2 change 2 bigger td04s. RBs r way 2 expensive. I have d wastegate rattlle since i got d car 8 months ago. It does go away after a minute like ryou's car. Msport said wastegates can b repaired at turbosangs workshop at less than 1k per pcs. U wanna sell yr spare ones?

rx8;712677 said:
U shd know of all people, since u already changed yrs. Did u consider then 2 change 2 bigger td04s. RBs r way 2 expensive. I have d wastegate rattlle since i got d car 8 months ago. It does go away after a minute like ryou's car. Msport said wastegates can b repaired at turbosangs workshop at less than 1k per pcs. U wanna sell yr spare ones?

Yup... that's why I suggested Silverbullet to ask for at least rm2k off the asking price.

When I had mine changed,no one was willing to do the wastegates.So I had no choice but to change.Anyways,Freddy already asked to buy mine,but I'm keeping it for the moment cuz I'm looking at RB and some other outfits for my turbos to be worked at.Mind,Vishnu Performance just showed off their single turbo N54,looks pretty awesome,no price mentioned yet tho.Another thing to consider is the gearbox.. most RB cars are manuals,dunno how the auto gearbox will take to having 500whp shoved up it's backside.

Anyways,being in Malaysia with the roads getting increasingly congested,I think with my current 370bhp I'm running out of places to use full throttle hehe;) So......

When a seller says the rattling is nothing,he is lying thru his teeth OR he doesn't know.. same happened to me,when I went back to them for my 'warranty' claim,I was brushed off like dust.Bastards.

Single turbos on our n54s? Did not think it was possible. I read somewhere in one of d uk forums that our gb shd b good even at 500whp. RBs r 2 expensive n u may also need 2 change d injectors, fuel rail n fuel pump. I dont think anyone has done it in malaysia. U can b d 1st n claim d agong 335 title frm bailey, ha ha.

rx8;712692 said:
Single turbos on our n54s? Did not think it was possible. I read somewhere in one of d uk forums that our gb shd b good even at 500whp. RBs r 2 expensive n u may also need 2 change d injectors, fuel rail n fuel pump. I dont think anyone has done it in malaysia. U can b d 1st n claim d agong 335 title frm bailey, ha ha.

Haha... at the moment,its all a pipe dream.Honestly,I'm pretty happy with the standard turbos.Maybe some bolt-ons but nothing major yet.U're right,RB is expensive,hence why I'm just a spectator till now:)
Looking at chassis improvements first.I don't like cars with huge power without the chassis to match.

ps - pretty happy where I am right now,behind the scenes.Let Bailey be the 335 standard bearer:)

I can imagine bailey breathing a sigh of relieve that yr RB project is just a pipe dream. Dont think he will give up d title so easlily. Ultra racing has some chassis improvement items at very reasonable prices. I did mine at kakimotor in sunway. Of course v can autofoam d whole car but i m not very convinced abt d product. BTW pump primax 95 on yr next refill. U will b impressed.

rx8;712708 said:
I can imagine bailey breathing a sigh of relieve that yr RB project is just a pipe dream. Dont think he will give up d title so easlily. Ultra racing has some chassis improvement items at very reasonable prices. I did mine at kakimotor in sunway. Of course v can autofoam d whole car but i m not very convinced abt d product. BTW pump primax 95 on yr next refill. U will b impressed.

I don't think Bailey will need to worry about my car hehe... Primax95?? Really?? Been using Primax97,quite happy with it.I use Primax95 for my Mitsubishi.I'd love to give it a try cuz the price difference is quite substantial,but need to ask freddy first..just to be sure.

I'm on standard suspension at the moment..looking at KW's V2 and some //M bushings and arm upgrade perhaps.Also looking at AP Racing's 6pot BBK.All of which I'll bring back from the US myself.

Dont ask freddy he will say no. My mechanic said dont as well, but 2 me d proof is whether d engine warning comes on or not. D bmw ecu/dme will definitely come up with a warning if something is amiss with d fuel. However i might b speaking 2 soon, until i give d car a 250km/hour sprint.

rx8;712725 said:
Dont ask freddy he will say no. My mechanic said dont as well, but 2 me d proof is whether d engine warning comes on or not. D bmw ecu/dme will definitely come up with a warning if something is amiss with d fuel. However i might b speaking 2 soon, until i give d car a 250km/hour sprint.

Waiting for the result with baited breath hehe:)

Top Bottom