E90 325i vs A4 2.0 FSI

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Juan Powerblow

Club Guest
I was reading the latest issue of autocar about the new Audi 2.0 FSI with facelifted looks and new 2.0 turbo direct injection engine churning out 200 bhp going for RM273K. It's CVT transmission propels this car to 100 kmh in 7.3 seconds worr... I was told that this car is noticeably faster than E46 325i but is FWD so it don't quite handle as well and is less engaging. Yet, the RM40K difference in pricing compared to E90 325i for a very well-built and comfortable car is pretty tempting. How ah?

The new A4 has the same engine as the VW GTi which is selling for 22X+, the ECU upgrade to 220 hp is even more umph.
But if you r looking for better looks the E90 is the one to go, performance sure is the FSI turbo.

E90 is better lar bro.. forget about A4, too fast the car but handling no good...not worth it
join in the E90 league lar...very boring at least i got someone to talk about my new coming E90 325i ... :p

:D i wud prefer the 325i..i think the 2.5 mag'alloy engine wud be better in the long run.technology wise the bmw engine in my opinion is more advanced.looks wise the A4 wins though..

Audi like Volvos loose their appeal fast over time, unlike Merc and BMWs here in Malaysia. Somehow if you're plunking down close to Rm300k, its good to stop and think ahead a few years down the line.

Originally posted by E46Fanatic@Aug 15 2005, 06:33 PM
Audi like Volvos loose their appeal fast over time, unlike Merc and BMWs here in Malaysia. Somehow if you're plunking down close to Rm300k, its good to stop and think ahead a few years down the line.
:) agreed!!! hence the bimmer!!!!

the Audi A4 2.0T can make 0-100km/h in 7.3sec? Had the car tested few months ago, i don't feel much different thn my E46 325i. But the spec written with that fast ah.. :dunno: If i'm not mistaken, my 325i can only get 8.2sec fr. 0-100km/h. But i think with the FW drive the A4 gets better accelerate fr standstill ah. :eek:

Originally posted by samhun@Aug 15 2005, 11:44 PM
the Audi A4 2.0T can make 0-100km/h in 7.3sec? Had the car tested few months ago, i don't feel much different thn my E46 325i. But the spec written with that fast ah.. :dunno: If i'm not mistaken, my 325i can only get 8.2sec fr. 0-100km/h. But i think with the FW drive the A4 gets better accelerate fr standstill ah. :eek:
:D turbo mah...sure fast one!!! but top end i think ours better eventhough short on hp count.

Originally posted by samhun@Aug 15 2005, 11:44 PM
Rear wheel drive actually makes the car go faster coz the car will squat and so the rear gets better traction. But this only applies if you are doing a "racing" start ;)

How I know? Watch WTCC lah - E46 v 156

Originally posted by samhun@Aug 15 2005, 03:44 PM
It's also the CVT which is a lot faster that BMW's steptronic even tho the latter is said to be the best auto in town it won't quite match up against CVT... :)

:) i'd prefer the DSG box cuz its a normal auto but with a revolutionary dual clutch arrangement..said to give faster but more seamless shifts.double edged sword in other words.
the CVT probably have more limitations to the amount of torque it can take due to the steel belt employed by the system.
mating the 2.0 turbo to a DSG box wud've made more sense due to the tuning potential of the turbo'd engine(look at the Golf GTi).best thing is u can have the paddle shift plus a nice seamless auto mode..unlike SMG or Selespeed where the City mode is crude and rough shifting..
now if they had offered the DSG on the A4 i'd be more inclined towards the A4..simple chip tuning and a good exhaust system plus drop in filter wud see the hp count go up to probably 240bhp..slap on a set of 18" ABT alloys and an RS4 aerokit.wallah!!!! cool ain't it?? :nyehehe:
and we haven't even gone with bigger I/Cs and turbine!!

Top Bottom