E90 320i Engine oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Orion

Club Guest
My 320i has just hit the 7000 km mark. Engine oil level down 2 notches and it is now at 50% level onnthe indicator. Looks like the engine oil seems to drop 1 notch for every 3000 kms. The last time it dropped from full level to 75% was at 2700 km mark. Anyone here has the same experience? Other than that, all OK and i will be sending my UDM to service n oil change at 8000 km mark.

I think you are fine if you decide to change your engine oil at the next 1000km. I guess the guage on the computer when show half bar, doesn't really mean you oil is 50% level. Even at the last notch, the car will still prompt "OK". Even until indicator say top up 1 Liter oil appear, that is still at the acceptable level except you should top up at the soonest you can and start to be cautious only. If this is really dangerous, I guess German engineer would ask you to STOP driving now.

But I'm not sure if the engine suppose to consume engine oil at certain mileage. I heard a lot of similar issue, but not sure if this is normal.

Read the manual, it stated there.

My car was showing FULL at 1st oil change (8,000 kms). After 2,500 kms it's still full. Best to double check with the SC's techies.

Top Bottom