e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Here's what i have done/spent since getting my 03 520i 2 weeks ago.

fancy number plate front and back rm100
Hankook Ventus Concept 2 tyres 225/16/55 rm350 each
Wipers rm180 (bloody ex)
Centre console sliding coin tray rm120

Here's what Still needs to be done, before something else breaks..

Fix the radio. Estimate rm150
Oil change service est rm300
Atf service est rm500
Front Brake rotor shudder est 300
Noise over bumps likely from front control arms est 1000

Finally, new paint job.. Est 2700

For wiper, go to the best wiper in the world. 2 years warranty. I have used for 3 years, still perfect. RM80 per car E39. Dura Edge Silicon wipers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deep said:
For wiper, go to the best wiper in the world. 2 years warranty. I have used for 3 years, still perfect. RM80 per car E39. Dura Edge Silicon wipers.

Where to buy?

Deep said:
Wow, thats a good deal for wipers.

Looks like more parts to replace

Lower arm 288 x 2
Upper arm 305 x 2
Oil pipe 81
Valve cover gasket 60
Oil sump gasket 55
Power steering pressure hose 800
Atf 38 per liter x 6l
Bmw Super power oil 32 x 7l
Wheel arch cover 276
Bellows 20 x 2

These are the parts prices from BA

Now looking for a place to install them, that is ok with charging for workmanship only.

556129 said:

Lower arm 288 x 2
Upper arm 305 x 2
Oil pipe 81
Valve cover gasket 60
Oil sump gasket 55
Atf 38 per liter x 6l
Wheel arch cover 276
Bellows 20 x 2

Now looking for a place to install them, that is ok with charging for workmanship only.
From my experienced...not many workshop like the customer to bring their own parts, mainly because workshop normally charge 10-30% more for the parts, so extra income for them...unless you are very close with them...

anakin said:
From my experienced...not many workshop like the customer to bring their own parts, mainly because workshop normally charge 10-30% more for the parts, so extra income for them...unless you are very close with them...
Thats true, no wonder i always get the dirty look from them when i open the boot.

Anyone can help me about my radio. It is not working anymore, I could tune in the station but there is no sound.
The service center said the radio/tuner is out and I have to get new one. I have source around but could not find the correct spec. Mostly kereta potong have the Japanese spec which can't be used.
Btw my Beemer is e39 yr 2000 UK spec, has been driven it for 13 yrs

Anyone can help me about my radio. It is not working anymore, I could tune in the station but there is no sound.
The service center said the radio/tuner is out and I have to get new one. I have source around but could not find the correct spec. Mostly kereta potong have the Japanese spec which can't be used.
Btw my Beemer is e39 yr 2000 UK spec, has been driven it for 13 yrs

Similar happened to my e39 radio. Couple of auto accessories repair shops said radio tuner kaput. Finally another shop discovered a loose wire connection at the speaker located at the front left passenger door. You need to find a auto accessory shop who is willing to open up all the door panels and check the wire/connector to the speaker.

Herbert said:
Similar happened to my e39 radio. Couple of auto accessories repair shops said radio tuner kaput. Finally another shop discovered a loose wire connection at the speaker located at the front left passenger door. You need to find a auto accessory shop who is willing to open up all the door panels and check the wire/connector to the speaker.
In my case, i cant even get the radio to turn on. But the mid functions perfectly.

556129 said:
Lower arm 288 x 2
Upper arm 305 x 2
Oil pipe 81
Valve cover gasket 60
Oil sump gasket 55
Atf 38 per liter x 6l
Wheel arch cover 276
Bellows 20 x 2

Managed to change the front upper and lower arms with uro brand parts. Whole set cost rm980 for a pair of upper and lower arms.

Also changed a water hose at the base of the radiator which was pregnant, and a wheel arch cover at rm165 and rm150 respectively. However, workmanship to fix everything came in at rm380.

Here what i have buy to replace the old one since getting my E39 523i 99/02 last week.

auto filter rm50
auto gasket rm30
auto oil rm35 x 6
oil filter rm23
alternator belt rm50
absorber mounting rm85 (frt) rm75 (rear)
lower arm rm215
upper arm rm225
wheel arch cover front rm115 (taiwan)
water pump rm135
absorber rm150 each rebuilt

direct buy at inner power jln ipoh.

556129 said:
In my case, i cant even get the radio to turn on. But the mid functions perfectly.
i have extra unit at home. if you want i can give you a test.

m.azharm5 said:
Here what i have buy to replace the old one since getting my E39 523i 99/02 last week.

auto filter rm50
auto gasket rm30
auto oil rm35 x 6
oil filter rm23
alternator belt rm50
absorber mounting rm85 (frt) rm75 (rear)
lower arm rm215
upper arm rm225
wheel arch cover front rm115 (taiwan)
water pump rm135
absorber rm150 each rebuilt

direct buy at inner power jln ipoh.
Wah bro...dah jual e34 terus angkat e39 ker? mind to share how much?..tengah aim satu ni..

hehehehehe rm19k year 1999/02 523i double vanos. all standart . syiokkkkkkkk bwk E39 apa lagi abg anakin angkat satu baru meriah .

Top Bottom