e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Jerman;531278 said:
Just to share. Changed cooling coil (after 8 years and done 163k km) at Naidu's including labour charges plus a couple of other stuffs related to the cooling system = RM 1550
The entire "drama" took half a day and the process definately not for the faint hearted (dashboard removed exposing a naked cabin....etc)

BMW maaaaaaaaaaaaaa see u at mak tim

Jerman;531278 said:
Just to share. Changed cooling coil (after 8 years and done 163k km) at Naidu's including labour charges plus a couple of other stuffs related to the cooling system = RM 1550
The entire "drama" took half a day and the process definately not for the faint hearted (dashboard removed exposing a naked cabin....etc)

My GOD...you actually went through that road! I bet you never left the car alone without having to look at every inch of the removal & installation. Well i guess you're freezing yourself up now huh? :)

Went thru that harrowing road before in Sept 2008 with my previous E39. Changed the cooling coil and related stuff for RM1,400.00 at Naidu plus blower motor for RM750.00. I didn't witness the removal process of the dashboard, not because I am faint hearted but I need to rush back to office for works. Can't afford to "hang around" like a bird while they took such a long time to do it. :burnout:

Btw, Naidu gave me 6 months warranty last time. Make sure he gave you nothing less than that. :rolleyes:

Grand;531507 said:
Went thru that harrowing road before in Sept 2008 with my previous E39. Changed the cooling coil and related stuff for RM1,400.00 at Naidu plus blower motor for RM750.00. I didn't witness the removal process of the dashboard, not because I am faint hearted but I need to rush back to office for works. Can't afford to "hang around" like a bird while they took such a long time to do it. :burnout:

Your blower motor failed completely or was it weak that's why you replaced it? So at the end of it, did your dash made any creaks?

No it didn't fail completely but was nevertheless advised by Naidu to replace as the bearing looks worn and afterall he said you wouldn't want the dash board to be opened up again right when the blower give way finally.

Oh yeah, the dash didn't really creak but I notice certain parts eg the audio/aircond panel was protruding out a bit and I always have to push it in manually. It will pop out a lil bit again later.

just ensure the clips are in good conditions and that they're holding the audio & a/c panel well.

All this "drama" just to change a cooling coil which took half a day. The entire ordeal definately not for the faint hearted!

08062010192.jpg

08062010195.jpg

jerman;531612 said:
the entire "drama" took half a day and the process definately not for the faint hearted. All these just to change a cooling coil..............

:43: Pengsan!

Jerman;531612 said:
All this "drama" just to change a cooling coil which took half a day. The entire ordeal definately not for the faint hearted!

08062010192.jpg

08062010195.jpg

VERY NEAT INDEED! I've taken out my previous nissan dashboard before just to do soundproofing on the firewall, messy.....

Look at the number of wirings involved in our UDM :eek: Just one mistake in disconnecting one of the wiring or loose connection while putting back the dash and the whole exercise of witch hunt and troubleshooting would have to be undertaken with the accompanying risk of changing unnecessary parts.

Jerman...what's the post-mortem resutls?...Any squeeks...creeks...ratlles....or of that sorts appearing?

bimmerholic;531982 said:
Jerman...what's the post-mortem resutls?...Any squeeks...creeks...ratlles....or of that sorts appearing?

I guess he's freakin cold rite now

initialM;532023 said:
I guess he's freakin cold rite now

As expected, the air-cond is cold even the temperature is set at 23-25C and the air-flow is much stronger than before even at low fan speed. Thank god, no squeeking or any other "strange noises". I believe Naidu & company did a good job!

p/s: just a little advise for all E39 owners who may go through this. Just leave the keys and go! Come back after it's done! Spare yourself the "agony, anxiety & ordeal" of watching what Naidu & company do. "What you don't see, doesn't hurt!"

I did mine at Bluegreen Motor werks and left the car there, collected the next day..everythings perfect for the past 6 months since repair..hehehe

some #@$%& fella took a swipe off my side mirror when in a parking lot now the cover is missing...

Where can I get just the cover for the passenge side mirror? Or do I need to buy the whole side mirror?

Any idea how much?

you may try your luck at chop chops...but they most likely will sell you as a whole side mirror.

after 2 months of monitoring, finally nailed down the cause of the disappearing water in my car. i had to top up about 500ml every week. it was due to a minor leak at the side cover of the radiator. the radiator was new as i changed it when i did the top overhaul earlier this year.

initially the mechanic pressure tested it to 16psi but nothing happened. then he increased it to 18psi and the pressure started dropping and water sipping out from the crack. the mechanic replaced the radiator for me and hope that is the only leak.

anybody can share what should be the set pressure to test for leak in the water system?

so now it is a system go and ready for a makeover:wink:

Top Bottom