e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ok on the icon.

i change when it is worn. it was okay so i just changed the gearbox mounting because the gear change wasn't smooth

affan66;508850 said:
ok on the icon.

i change when it is worn. it was okay so i just changed the gearbox mounting because the gear change wasn't smooth

Bro care to explain further on the gear change that isn't smooth. Was there a lot of difference after changing the mounting?

cheers.

When my gearbox was removed to replace the oil seal, etc, i opt for gear mounting change as well, to minus the hassle of removing the gearbox again next time. Ori mounting was wearing off but still useable, however after the change, i dont feel much of a different...biasa aje...

yes... i can feel the jerkiness when gear changing on slow speeds from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd or down 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to 1st. Temporary measure was to drive hard but that didn't help on the wallet on fuel plus I am not in a hurry most of the time....

when the gearbox mounting is worn, it couldn't take the weight of the tranny. So it sags. Changing it will get the tranny aligned properly to the engine

hot aircond.....

changed fan clutch RM310
front fog light RM45(I think)
labor RM40

I was quoted the following from Optimum. Is the price fair?

1. Overhaul steering rack (according to him, it's starting to leak) - RM1100 warranty 1 year
2. Steering Tank - RM97
3. Steering Hose (tank to pump) - RM147
4. Steering Hose (tank to cooler) - RM128
5. Water Hose - RM187
6. Front right lower arm - RM418 + Labour RM30
7. Front Upper Arm Bush Set - RM450 inclusive labour
8. Valve cover gasket - RM178
9. Valve cover Rubber Seat - RM127.50
10. Oil sump gasket - RM106
11. Rear brake hose (2 sets) - RM194
12. Brake Fluid - RM38
13. Renew Valve cover gasket - RM100
14. Renew Oil Sump Gasket - RM120
15. Renew Rear brake hose and bleeding - RM60

Some of it seems pretty high to me...

dzeisen;512137 said:
I was quoted the following from Optimum. Is the price fair?

1. Overhaul steering rack (according to him, it's starting to leak) - RM1100 warranty 1 year
2. Steering Tank - RM97
3. Steering Hose (tank to pump) - RM147
4. Steering Hose (tank to cooler) - RM128
5. Water Hose - RM187
6. Front right lower arm - RM418 + Labour RM30
7. Front Upper Arm Bush Set - RM450 inclusive labour
8. Valve cover gasket - RM178
9. Valve cover Rubber Seat - RM127.50
10. Oil sump gasket - RM106
11. Rear brake hose (2 sets) - RM194
12. Brake Fluid - RM38
15. Renew Rear brake hose and bleeding - RM60

Some of it seems pretty high to me...

overhaul of steering rack is pretty cheap.

May I know if this is even required?

Thanks!

is it somewhere else in USJ / Subang have good workshop that can allowed me to bring in own parts?

BM Wong @ WQW Mechanical Services S/B at USJ 1 Indrustrial Area ... behind Chee Wen Chinese School

Just changed the battery two hours ago.

Kong in Giant parking lot.

Yuasa DIN 88, RM470..Damn!

bmw7833;514166 said:

Yuasa oso RM470?? I changed Century MF DIN88 at around same price oso. 16 mth warranty.

initialM;514175 said:
Yuasa oso RM470?? I changed Century MF DIN88 at around same price oso. 16 mth warranty.

Haiizz..what to do as the car can not move anymore. Have to call foreman to come, sumore at night time ler..

How to check if the compressor faulty? What is the sign when come to end of life?

Lost of aircond? Crak-crak sound?

bmw7833;514565 said:
No one..??

In my case, got loose bearing sound when compressor kicks in. Also not cold when idling unless you rev the engine but while driving air is chill. If you prolong the life of the compressor beyond this point (like what i did), driving time also won't be cold after that. That is total END of SERVICE!

bmw7833;514166 said:

My battery kong'ed the other day at KLIA, i checked out the battery prices from both BA and AB. AB was RM1280 with 2 yrs warranty and BA was 1080 with no warranty...fuh...

I am still shopping for a battery :wink:

Top Bottom