e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
herbert;502102 said:
Do WHAT smoking cigars !!!! :stupid::stupid:

Herbert,
If I'm not mistaken, I believe RaviKumar meant the oil sump leaking? Yes, most E39s will experience the leaking and also around the power steering hoses.
"If it doesn't leak, it's not a BMW " :eek:

listen to tis guy, otai of E39 mr Jerman The National Sales ................

Jerman;502244 said:
Herbert,
If I'm not mistaken, I believe RaviKumar meant the oil sump leaking? Yes, most E39s will experience the leaking and also around the power steering hoses.
"If it doesn't leak, it's not a BMW " :eek:

Then he better asked properly lah....his pix holding a half smoked cigar and then asked this question.

HUH?? reset ECU!! now that is a straight BS! the ECU is a ROM. unless he is remapping.. he cannot reset. What he mean is probably resetting the service light & logs, which doesnt make any differnt to performance.

The service list actually looks OK.

i like the "dot Matrix" repair post.. the guy just made RM300. He will hate me for doing this.. but for the greater good.. buy me TT and i will show you how to do it.. half and hour job...

alantiong;508122 said:
HUH?? reset ECU!! now that is a straight BS! the ECU is a ROM. unless he is remapping.. he cannot reset. What he mean is probably resetting the service light & logs, which doesnt make any differnt to performance.

The service list actually looks OK.

firstly...the ecu is not just a ROM, it also has the ability to adapt to condition the engines runs normally at. It stores the adaptation value and one example is the fuel trim. Resetting the adaptation value is also referred to as reset ECU by some and this is no BS...

secondly, may i get your cooperation to introduce yourself in the newbie section so that fellow forummers here knows you before you posts further...TQVM

Just changed my LHD Xenon/HID Ballast today after it stop working one week ago...quoted RM1800 each by AB Segambut. Bought from USA one set of HID kits which consists of 2-units of Ballast (Hella/Philips) & 2-Units of Xenon Bulbs (Philips) for RM1.2k.

got oil sump leak as well before the kuantan trip. Glad I discovered it and got it fixed... changed the alternator belt too... need to find my receipts.

affan66;508343 said:
got oil sump leak as well before the kuantan trip. Glad I discovered it and got it fixed... changed the alternator belt too... need to find my receipts.

Did your entire lower suspension was removed to gain access to the sump? What's the damage like bro?

bimmerholic;508513 said:
Did your entire lower suspension was removed to gain access to the sump? What's the damage like bro?

No need to remove suspension but the crossmember. Only if got tools to hold the engine. I've posted in my thread. Happy searching hahahha

crossmember only. I also replaced the gearbox mounting which meant bringing down the exhaust, exhaust heat shield. I believe labor was RM280. half day job.

affan66;508630 said:
crossmember only. I also replaced the gearbox mounting which meant bringing down the exhaust, exhaust heat shield. I believe labor was RM280. half day job.

Changing gearbox mounting need to bring down the exhaust and heat shield? Half day job?

for both... because i also changed the engine oil sump. need to get the exhaust and engine to cool down.

affan66;508725 said:
for both... because i also changed the engine oil sump. need to get the exhaust and engine to cool down.

OK ok..As i changed both engine mounting and gearbox mounting in 5 minutes job, nothing to bring down..:stupid:

See the different.

12032010003.jpg

removing the bottom cover alone is already more than 5 minutes. You gotta be kidding me. Your workshop got F1 pit crew ka? Or your car does not have the bottom cover?

Cooling down the engine oil and exhaust takes time. I took the opp to also check the longshaft bearings and all. Easier to inspect when all the exhaust, its heat shield is down. Inspecting belts and leaks is also easier.

affan66;508756 said:
removing the bottom cover alone is already more than 5 minutes. You gotta be kidding me. Your workshop got F1 pit crew ka? Or your car does not have the bottom cover?

Cooling down the engine oil and exhaust takes time. I took the opp to also check the longshaft bearings and all. Easier to inspect when all the exhaust, its heat shield is down. Inspecting belts and leaks is also easier.

U meant item 9? Yes, i do have..:stupid:

MTgwNTA3X3A.png

affan66;508756 said:
I took the opp to also check the longshaft bearings and all.

These long shaft bearings, lets say if they kaput or about to kaput, what are the symptoms eh? out of curiosity, n is it necessary to change them if the car is over 10 yrs old?

Top Bottom