e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hmmm.... quick fix... get some silicon spray and spray the window channels.
Idea is to have some lubricant and lessen the loads on the window motors.
May work, may not work but hey... it CHEAP!

p.s.
it worked fr meeeeeeeeeee!

Was just wondering about engine oil change intervals. The service indicator on mine went on through 20,000 km and still had 1 green light left on it. I decided to make the oil change. The first thing I noticed was a marked improvement in smoothness and response even the gearshift felt smoother I thought that this mignt have been physcological then I noticed that petrol comsumption also improved from 25mpg to 29mpg so I wasn't just physco. (525i)

To the more experienced owners, do you actually go by the service indicator or do you change based on mileage and at what mileage?

My last oil was Q8 and now I'm on Mobil 1.

azwanb said:
BTW, has anyone changed the power window for the driver door? Mine is slowly but SURELY dying. Does not close properly. Any quickfixes or cheaper alternatives (and dun ask me to open door at the parking ticket booths or tolls). :p

Changed my driver side lifter six months ago for RM650 inclusive of labour.

sesat88 said:
hmmm.... quick fix... get some silicon spray and spray the window channels.
Idea is to have some lubricant and lessen the loads on the window motors.
May work, may not work but hey... it CHEAP!

p.s.
it worked fr meeeeeeeeeee!

Read your post on my new Dopod 838pro (cool BUT bulky)... and bought it straight away in Jusco Tebrau in JB. Sprayed it like it was going out of fashion 3 times!! It works for now but got this scary knocking sound when the window is brought down... eeee...

funfer_fahrer said:
Changed my driver side lifter six months ago for RM650 inclusive of labour.

RM650... adoi mak... I hope it includes labour.

BUT, it IS cheaper than a Fiat Punto's!!! I had that changed many years ago and it was something like 788. Crazy Fiats...

Hey guys, i am in george town and am wondering if there's gonna be some get-together for E39'ners on this beautiful idyllic little island i call home ?

Azwanb,

Have been frequenting the Ultimate Motorsports in Batu Caves and no comment so far on the workmanship but price wise I am going to bring the receipts over from my house and share and compare later.

You might want to send the car to a few reliable ones and get some quotes before committing. This way you may have a chance to compare and go for some bulk discount.

Just a 10cnet thought.

Woaah Bailey....oopsy daisy kabloooiee *silly grin*

now where do i go to enquire on TT for the E39ners Bailey ? Show me the monnneeyyy...ahem, i mean show me the WAY MATEY...

u jes browse thru penang TT but not E39ners bro, if its happen tat u r in klang valley then maybe u can join us for 5ers outing bro........cheers

I changed the fan cluster for RM443.25. One month later the auxiliary fan just decided to die and I had it replaced for RM1,586. And my next service due is just round the corner, wonder what else failing on me...

Anybody from Ipoh here..? Just got my E39 last 2 weeks and would like to know/recommendation any workshop nearby here ( Ipoh). Thanks guys

esham, maybe u cld ask funfer fahrer as he alwz send his car in ipoh even tho he lives in shah alam

shouldn't this thread be sticky like the other maintenance threads ? would save time hunting for it ....

Guys, i am about to change the rubber hosing (water,oil etc) in my engine bay of my E39. anyone in here done that before and any idea how much it would cost me ? i reside in penang

hi all

this is my first UDM n my first part change:

1)Hydraulic hose strg 1pc Rm165
2)used lamp left side 1pc Rm200
3)air filter 1pc Rm70
4)aircon filter 2pc Rm175
5)power steering container 1pc Rm130
6)return pipe 1pc Rm170
7)oil pipe 1pc Rm180
8)sevice charge Rm100
9)wiper blade 1pair Rm160

total Rm1425.

pls gv some commend about the part price whether is on high side or not.

next part change will b aircon compressoor n casket n don knw wat the boss said all include will b Rm2k plus.

any bros here did change their aircon compressor b4? pls gv me the price u had change.

thanks and regards

Hi guys, anyone can recommend a good place for me to service/repair my E39? Someplace competent & not prone to slaughering their clients. The previous owner used to send it to AB but their bills are quite eye watering! Noticed some dubious part changes on the bills too.

hi there,

I changed both my wiper blade to silicone blade PIAA brand at Eneos Jusco Metro Prima for only RM72 (Normal price RM90, less 20%) but still using the existing original metal housing. Change the blade only.

Top Bottom