e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
herbert;488340 said:
I was at MSpeed yesterday until about 2 pm but did not bump into you. Since you have replaced complete brake set, you should also replace the brake fluid??

RM120 labor charge is very reasonable considering the amount of work involved.

Yes indeed...the old fluid was drained and replaced with original BMW Dot 4. I went over around 11pm and got everything settled by 1pm. There were no other customer there except for a malay chap who came in for front lower arm replacement on his E60.

herbert;488340 said:
I was at MSpeed yesterday until about 2 pm but did not bump into you. Since you have replaced complete brake set, you should also replace the brake fluid??

RM120 labor charge is very reasonable considering the amount of work involved.

Bro,no golf meh? Everyday hangout at MSpeed.:rolleyes:

champion;488370 said:
Bro,no golf meh? Everyday hangout at MSpeed.:rolleyes:

Nice meeting you ar MSpeed. Oh! my golf kakis are quite busy prior to CNY chasing for payments $$$. Ah Meng managed to rectify your car's problem and what was the damage??

champion;488491 said:
Din change the ECU yet, now back to normal, no lights showing up (i wonder why)

Software glishes....it rarely happen but it does. Well, just have to wait until fault is permament, then have the ECU replaced.

champion;488857 said:
Changed fan belt RM185. Belt tensioner RM145. Ori.

Just to share with the rest, I got the OEM (Continental brand - Germany) fan belt for RM 45 and air-cond belt for RM 40. Just parts only

Jerman;488870 said:
Just to share with the rest, I got the OEM (Continental brand - Germany) fan belt for RM 45 and air-cond belt for RM 40. Just parts only

Any idea about durability of Continental belt as compared with ori belts from Bando.

herbert;488888 said:
Any idea about durability of Continental belt as compared with ori belts from Bando.

bro,
I'm now on Continental fan belt (2+ years & clocked 35,000km) and still appeared OK. Previously using original and lasted 40,000+ km. Conclusion, should be about the same quality. But the price difference is at least 3x :eek:

i had Conti belts changed I believe early last year. Before the Penang trip, found the AC belt cracked. Changed with Conti again, RM45. Surprised to see it cracking. Other belts still okay.

bimmerholic;487909 said:
My long awaited complete brake replacement was finally done today:

All original BMW GROUP parts:

Front Brake Rotors - 260 x 2
Front Brake Pads - 330
Rear Brake Rotors - 190 x 2
Rear Brake Pads - 260
Brake Sensor - 40 x 2
Fan Clutch (Behr)- 250

Total Damage = 1820

I think the above price is about right for Ori BMW parts for Brake Pad only.

........ and ..... for others part is about right price for OEM

.... Jerman, am I correct.

champion;488857 said:
Changed fan belt RM185. Belt tensioner RM145. Ori.

Bro, My advise ... next time change to OEM will do ...... change it at every 40,000. as what Jerman and others use to do.

. The extra you pay for the 'ORI' belt .... save it and buy me a drink next TT. :top:

JYazid;489217 said:
Bro, My advise ... next time change to OEM will do ...... change it at every 40,000. as what Jerman and others use to do.

. The extra you pay for the 'ORI' belt .... save it and buy me a drink next TT. :top:
Yazid is correct. The savings are enough for 2 changes and teh tarik all round

affan66;489197 said:
i had Conti belts changed I believe early last year. Before the Penang trip, found the AC belt cracked. Changed with Conti again, RM45. Surprised to see it cracking. Other belts still okay.

bro,

Any idea what was the mileage done (using Conti belts) when you discovered the crack?? As what Jerman said, his Conti belts tahan 40,000 ++ km.

Jerman;489171 said:
bro,
I'm now on Continental fan belt (2+ years & clocked 35,000km) and still appeared OK. Previously using original and lasted 40,000+ km. Conclusion, should be about the same quality. But the price difference is at least 3x :eek:

Value for money for Conti belts!!! I think the ori Bando belts would last for at least 100,000 km. My Honda on Bando belts clocked 100,000 km with no cracks but I decided to replace it just in case with another set of Bando belts. I don't think Bando belts cost RM185 (as what Champion paid). I think it was inclusive of labor charges.

definitely much less. for the past 2+ years of ownership of my E39, I have yet to clock anything close to 40,000km.

affan66;489238 said:
definitely much less. for the past 2+ years of ownership of my E39, I have yet to clock anything close to 40,000km.

I meant Fan Belt can last at least 40,000km+ but somehow the Air-Cond belt need replacement earlier. Is that the case for E39?

i would go for the original when it comes to belting.

had few bad experiences with OEM belt whereby less than 5000 km already squealing and even tearing up on me.

Top Bottom