e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
affan66;484939 said:
I changed mine...but I bought the O2 sensors in Singapore. almost half the price.
But I changed the ones before cat. After cat still ok. it is recommended to change a pair (before cat has a pair and after cat another pair). Best buy ori. Did you get the SES warning? Mine did. Diagnostic indicated fuel/air mixture issues pinpointing to the O2 sensors.

bro half price is how much? the price i got quoted is the oem bosch wan...

mine SES light not on but on the OBD ada code...intermittent problem with the sensor...the readout compare to bank 2 engine is not same on post-cat but same on the pre-cat...

funfer_fahrer;484941 said:
Does the message say something like "oxygen sensor adaptation limit, Cyl #..."?

the message say o2 sensor on bank 1 sensor 2 malfunction; out of range or no value...

i got mine circa RM350-RM380 inclusive of GST after conversion
i got the same message as yours on the diagnostics but SES light lit up

Repair bad pixels of my E39 meter cluster RM450.00 Anyone keen can contact Ah Heng at 016-644-2112.

king82;485143 said:
herbert...thanks...where's the location and how long does it take? cheers

The meter cluster repair guy will come to your office or house. Don't think he has a proper workshop. He will loan you a meter and take your "defective meter" away for repair. Turn-around time about 2 days.

herbert;485226 said:
The meter cluster repair guy will come to your office or house. Don't think he has a proper workshop. He will loan you a meter and take your "defective meter" away for repair. Turn-around time about 2 days.

herbert,
Thanks for sharing as many E39's owners would benefit from this info :top:

Service and clean 6 pcs fuel injectors RM180 at MSpeed. Throttle very responsive now.

bimmerholic;487406 said:
How long did they take to do it?

Removed injectors, sent it for service at another workshop & re-installed totalling about 3 hours.

BTW, I also replaced complete set of engine vent hose, vent pipe, pressure valve & return pipe (mechanic called it "jantung") as old items were all brittle and cracked. Paid RM800 including labor charges.

Total damages RM 800 + RM 180 = RM 980

E39 - missing button?
2301101222.jpg

anyone got spare? and what is the function?

tq tq

My long awaited complete brake replacement was finally done today:

All original BMW GROUP parts:

Front Brake Rotors - 260 x 2
Front Brake Pads - 330
Rear Brake Rotors - 190 x 2
Rear Brake Pads - 260
Brake Sensor - 40 x 2
Fan Clutch (Behr)- 250

Total Damage = 1820

Bought my parts from Suan Huat PJ.

Did the replacement at Mspeed USJ - 120 for all wheels.

My contribution again:

1. camshaft sensor(in) RM450 ori
2. Camshaft sensor (out) RM465 ori
3. crankshaft sensor RM380(ori)

bloody expensive :(

mr tay...care to tell us the reason for the camshaft and crankshaft sensor change?

sachseelan;487601 said:
E39 - missing button?
2301101222.jpg

anyone got spare? and what is the function?

tq tq

sach.mine reads "REST"
functions to activate the cabin heating system with the car at rest ie engine off
mine's '97 528i

moots: engine lost power and sometime difficult to crank. happen 2 days ago and did a check found, found out from the code says cam shaft and crank shaft are gone so replaced it. 2.8 little behave like a 1.6 in a over 2 tones car, so you know that is about the time to replace those items.

bimmerholic;487909 said:
My long awaited complete brake replacement was finally done today:

All original BMW GROUP parts:

Front Brake Rotors - 260 x 2
Front Brake Pads - 330
Rear Brake Rotors - 190 x 2
Rear Brake Pads - 260
Brake Sensor - 40 x 2
Fan Clutch (Behr)- 250

Total Damage = 1820

Bought my parts from Suan Huat PJ.

Did the replacement at Mspeed USJ - 120 for all wheels.

I was at MSpeed yesterday until about 2 pm but did not bump into you. Since you have replaced complete brake set, you should also replace the brake fluid??

RM120 labor charge is very reasonable considering the amount of work involved.

Top Bottom