e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
deep3102;466577 said:
here's a list of things i replaced for my E39 528i:

Steering Pressure Hose 975 - Apa hose need almost 1k? 175 or 975 :eek:

Engine Oil Pan Gasket & Sealant 85 - Pretty cheap, I got it done 100+, maybe its M54, 528i is using M52?

Xado Revitalizant Engine Oil 556 - Castrol EDGE + Oil Filter = RM350~RM370

Spark Plugs RM38 x 6pcs 228 - OEM Bosch RM120~130

Wiper Blades 135 - Rubber? Duraedge Silicone wiper for RM60++, blades refill without changing frame.

Xado Revitalizant for Steering Pump 150 - What's this :eek:

champion;465982 said:
I am planning to have the rotors change, no time la bro.
You got the rims you wanted already ?

Slight change of plans bro. My brake change has higher priority. We're looking at rotors and pads. Costly sure is. :eek: Still surveying price for both original and OEMs.

deep3102;466577 said:
here's a list of things i replaced for my E39 528i:

Items RM
Front Brake Pad 365
Disc Rotors 320x2 640
Brake Wear Sensor 48
Brake Caliper Kit 65x2 130
Rear Brake Pad 285
Brake Disc Rotor 305x2 610
Caliper Kit 85x2 170
Brake Wear Sensor 48

Deep, for the brake items you replaced above, are they originals or OEMs? thanks.

deep3102;466577 said:
Despite the big Bomb at the end of d day, the feel n drive is priceless...
Am open to suggesttions and comments. Pls advice for further things to look into to get checked. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing. That was a long and painful$$$ list, close to RM 8k :eek: . Take note and monitor the following items
  1. fuel pump
  2. radiator leakage & water pump
  3. shock absorbers
Enjoy your ride, bro

Bro IsaacVky, Its rm975. apparently that hose was totally worn out n caused massive leaking & yes mine's a M52. The Revitalizant for steering pump is a sort of gel thats applied into the Steering pump. It helps to reduced wear n tear in the pump for long run and also extends the pump life.

Bro bimmerholic, those parts are originals. I insisted they use the ori's.

Bro Jerman, thank you for the advice. I will take not of the fuel pump. Howeverm foir radiator and water pump, i made them check during the repair works. Turns out that the radiator n hoses are new, done by previous owner, and the water pump is still "OK". I dont know how OK is OK. but when i did a test run after all the repairs, i did find the Temp. gauge to drop from mid down to the first bar (the blue area). Informed the mech. n he will need time to do a complete diagnosis of the cooling system. I hope its not major...any advice on this? As for the Shocks, i didnt see any signs of leakage, and the ride is still smooth, but will keep an eye on that. However, when i drive on uneven roads at very slow speed, i do get a "kededegak" sound from the front..need to check...apreciate some advice if u have experienced this before. The arms, tie rods, bushes are all OK..

Thanks n appreciate the feedback guys.
Good day.

powersteeringdesign.jpg

Bro IsaacVky, its Hose number 3 in the diagram above..Did i get slaughtered here??

deep3102;466622 said:
Bro IsaacVky, its Hose number 3 in the diagram above..Did i get slaughtered here??

18.png

04 PRESSURE HOSE ASSY RHD 1 09/1998 32411096884 $334.59

Is this the one you change? Ouch!

Suspension parts are costly to repair, a complete recond steering rack + front arms & rods can cause you 3k++
but you can feel a much firmer ride.

Jerman;466601 said:
Thanks for sharing. That was a long and painful$$$ list, close to RM 8k :eek: .

That's why I dont dare to count all the receipt for my repairs & mods. I think easily 50k in bout 3 yrs time. I just enjoy the Ultimate Driving Machine:smokin:

initialM;466768 said:
That's why I dont dare to count all the receipt for my repairs & mods. I think easily 50k in bout 3 yrs time. I just enjoy the Ultimate Driving Machine:smokin:

...still cheaper than go Gay Bar mah...:burnout:

Headache gear box...

Just get my bimmer e39 520I 2.2cc last week....send to bengkel n check everything is on good condition..no leaking...only got to change small2 thing...travel to penang n then after balik kl, trans program fail appeared..then the next day, heard noise from engine/gear box...go to doctor n maybe gear box problem...gear box oil kurang lorrr.... then, mech said maybe torque converter+pump+oil seal....agaknye la ni...any one have any advice? or the bad situation have to change the gear box???? huarghhhh

E39*8800;468224 said:
Just get my bimmer e39 520I 2.2cc last week....send to bengkel n check everything is on good condition..no leaking...only got to change small2 thing...travel to penang n then after balik kl, trans program fail appeared..then the next day, heard noise from engine/gear box...go to doctor n maybe gear box problem...gear box oil kurang lorrr.... then, mech said maybe torque converter+pump+oil seal....agaknye la ni...any one have any advice? or the bad situation have to change the gear box???? huarghhhh

bro,
If you are from Klang Valley, then you should pay a visit to M-Scope, Batu Caves,

No. 117, Jln Sbc 1,
Taman Sri Batu Caves,
68100 Batu Caves,
Selangor

Tel: 03-6186 6093

Jerman;468421 said:
bro,
If you are from Klang Valley, then you should pay a visit to M-Scope, Batu Caves,

No. 117, Jln Sbc 1,
Taman Sri Batu Caves,
68100 Batu Caves,
Selangor

Tel: 03-6186 6093

thanks for ur advise...already visit them...but i send my gear box to IGB..(beside mrr2)...
operate tourqe converter RM 1300....rebuild gear box around RM2500

E39*8800;470936 said:
thanks for ur advise...already visit them...but i send my gear box to IGB..(beside mrr2)...
operate tourqe converter RM 1300....rebuild gear box around RM2500

wow...operate torque converter....this one is on it's way for internal mods dy heehe :top:

E39*8800;468224 said:

I change my gear box 3 week before raya this year the my doc (chan sow lin) done very gud job and the coz around RM4200.

nizam_E39;471200 said:
I change my gear box 3 week before raya this year the my doc (chan sow lin) done very gud job and the coz around RM4200.

is that a kedai potong price or recond? i survey at kedai potong...gear box auto is costly around 7k...my mech also got 1 gear box, cost around 4k but unfortunately didn't match with mine..anyway...thx for the info...

Top Bottom