e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi bros,

Anybody has any idea how much front & rear absorbers cost ? OEM and Ori ?

Tqvm...

bono2k;457615 said:
Hi bros,

Tqvm...

I think most of the people here change to aftermarket absorbers.
Bilstein, KW, Sachs, Koni?

Bilstein B8 Sprint about 2400~2600 for a set of 4 absorbers.
Sachs Performance (equivalent to B6 Sport) is about 1800~2000.

Jerman;457086 said:
Just to share with the rest of the E39 owners. Changed the engine mountings (RM 148 x 2 pcs) and gearbox mountings (RM 38 x 2pcs). Labour = RM 50. All OEM parts.

Do u know what is the part number for the rubber mounting?

IsaacVky;457660 said:
I think most of the people here change to aftermarket absorbers.
Bilstein, KW, Sachs, Koni?

Bilstein B8 Sprint about 2400~2600 for a set of 4 absorbers.
Sachs Performance (equivalent to B6 Sport) is about 1800~2000.

If using the Bilstein or Sachs, Will it effect the original suspension e.g more harsh or even better after sport suspension .

i found out got two type.. monotube and twintube.. which one better ?

tqvm...

bono2k;457783 said:
If using the Bilstein or Sachs, Will it effect the original suspension e.g more harsh or even better after sport suspension .

i found out got two type.. monotube and twintube.. which one better ?

tqvm...

If you want OE ride comfort only, go for Bilstein B4. B6 is a bit harder on the damping but improve handling :top: B8 for lowered springs.

Monotube got a bigger piston, oil/ gas separated & et cetera design, normally is firmer than twintube but still up to the manufacturer. Tein ran a R34 GTR in race with twintube absorbers so there's no which is better but which is suitable. :top:

bono2k;457615 said:
Hi bros,

Tqvm...

The original absorbers on CKD E39 are Sachs. If you want comfort, just go for Blistein (black) = RM 400+ per unit for Front and RM 350+ for Rear
If you negotiate hard enough, you could get all 4 for RM 1600+

bmw7833;457779 said:
Do u know what is the part number for the rubber mounting?
bro,
I don't have the parts number. These rubbers no "need rocket science" lah! Relatively small $ ticket items. Just change them you will feel "all the difference" :top:

Jerman;458009 said:
bro,
I don't have the parts number. These rubbers no "need rocket science" lah! Relatively small $ ticket items. Just change them you will feel "all the difference" :top:

Got the part number liao, thanks!

4HP should be 4 speed ZF g/box then use ZF Dexron III or BMW original, 5HP is 5 speen then use ZF 5 speed trans oil. No need me to mention where can get them.

bono2k;457615 said:
Hi bros,

Tqvm...

Got a pair of Boge rear absorbers for RM832 at BA.

Gerald 5;447439 said:
Did the below in 2 different occassion this month, anyone knows the price for ori front brake disc and pad? Am i slaugther?

E39 530i
1st bill
Brake Pad ori- 560 for a pair
Brake disc ori- 580x2= 1160
labour-60
total 1780

2nd bill
Water pump-190
Power streeing tank-135
Power streeing hose-150
Power streeing hose- 155 ( not sure which is in which is out )
Coolant ori-55
Thermostat with housing-260
labour- 130
total-1075

Tell me, tell me.. should I stick or should I run???

Gerald 5,

If you don't mind to share with us which w/shop charge you as above.

chong_chin;458327 said:
4HP should be 4 speed ZF g/box then use ZF Dexron III or BMW original, 5HP is 5 speen then use ZF 5 speed trans oil. No need me to mention where can get them.

Chevy Optra 1.8 ZF 4HP16 GB uses Esso LT71141 oil just like the 5HP18.

JYazid;458337 said:
Gerald 5,

If you don't mind to share with us which w/shop charge you as above.

Don't think is appropriate to mention the names here, but they are near my place in Dataran Prima. No mean to cause any negetive impact on their biz and I know some forummer here are also their loyal customer. In fact, I have check with them on the pricing after checking with some sifu here and they told me that the sizes are different. Will be more careful in the future by asking a quote 1st. Cheers!

chong_chin;458327 said:

Mr chong_chin,

You never introduce yourself in the Newbies Section insteed straight promoting your Spare Part shop (This is against the forum rules). I deleted all your posting, (incl in other Thread) which all of it (except one) is promoting your Spare Part shop.

Yazid
BMW Club Committee

hi bros
aku baru reg club ni tp da pakai bm 2 thn.
Alternator problem..!!!
Mane nk cari yg second hand??

Achenggood;459565 said:
hi bros
Alternator problem..!!!

Mau kena tembak ni.

Achenggood;459565 said:
hi bros
Alternator problem..!!!

Welcome to BMWCM forum. Ur register to the forum not the club.
To register for official club member go to this link http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20589

Pls do some intro at newbies at http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

For yr problem, can get at chop shop. Can browse/search at the forum for contact.
I got mine 2nd hand for bout RM450 if not mistaken

Jerman;458008 said:
The original absorbers on CKD E39 are Sachs. If you want comfort, just go for Blistein (black) = RM 400+ per unit for Front and RM 350+ for Rear
If you negotiate hard enough, you could get all 4 for RM 1600+

That's correct. Just got my Bilstein (black) for RM 400/pc -front and RM 370/pc for rear. Total RM 1540.
(bought at Munich Auto).

Also bought mountings and bush at BA Maluri:

Front mounting RM 72/pc X 2
Rear mounting RM 68/pc X 2
Front bush RM 29/pc x2
Rear bush RM 22/pc X 2
Rubber boot RM 17/pc X 2
Absorber cover RM 7/pc X 2

For front absorbers, please also buy the spring pads (more like oval shaped black rubber,2 pcs used each side). I was charged RM 68/pc for these simple rubbers by the workshop bcoz I didn't get one at the sparepart shops.I was told that the rubbers were to avoid squeaking/clinking noise/sound. I think I kena 'makan' for this one,I believe I can get cheaper (maybe max RM 20/pc for this simple rubbers).

Gerald 5;458350 said:
Don't think is appropriate to mention the names here, but they are near my place in Dataran Prima. No mean to cause any negetive impact on their biz and I know some forummer here are also their loyal customer. In fact, I have check with them on the pricing after checking with some sifu here and they told me that the sizes are different. Will be more careful in the future by asking a quote 1st. Cheers!

It is almost impossible to find a perfect shop, there are time they give you the best prce, they are times also they will cut your meat a bit from time to time, giving you extreme cheap for certain items, and then over charge you on other items. I think the best is call to those few tops shop in KL (Auto Bavarian, Inner Power, First Division, Munich Auto just to name afew) to check on the price, you can quickly know what is the average price, then typically shop will like to make some profit on top of that, I think 10-20% is ok as long as they provide the insurance warranty for a few months. After all every business needs to make some profit to sustain. As long the margin is not unreasonable.

You can also buy direct and get them to install for you, but you better make sure you know what you are buying to avoid time/energy hassle, beside shop sometime dont provide you warranty. it is a pros and cons, but for the simple hardware with no brain, you can buy direct and install in any tom/harry shop around, but for something more complicated, I will rather they make some margin to cover the warranty.

So, do you home work before getting cut.. and regret... also make sure you get the quote before proceed!

zank;459631 said:
It is almost impossible to find a perfect shop, there are time they give you the best prce, they are times also they will cut your meat a bit from time to time, giving you extreme cheap for certain items, and then over charge you on other items. I think the best is call to those few tops shop in KL (Auto Bavarian, Inner Power, First Division, Munich Auto just to name afew) to check on the price, you can quickly know what is the average price, then typically shop will like to make some profit on top of that, I think 10-20% is ok as long as they provide the insurance warranty for a few months. After all every business needs to make some profit to sustain. As long the margin is not unreasonable.

You can also buy direct and get them to install for you, but you better make sure you know what you are buying to avoid time/energy hassle, beside shop sometime dont provide you warranty. it is a pros and cons, but for the simple hardware with no brain, you can buy direct and install in any tom/harry shop around, but for something more complicated, I will rather they make some margin to cover the warranty.

So, do you home work before getting cut.. and regret... also make sure you get the quote before proceed!

Well said, I guess I am 1 lazy bum that usually don bother for a quote but based on trust, not unless it is done in a place that I am not familiar with. This place that I mention was rather " a friend" then a mechanic to me and usually I don bother to even check price here. But I was a little suspicious this time with the bill of the brake pad and disc. Enough said, still will be going there and if I notice that they again don appreciate my business, I will find someone will.
PS: even if they charge me a margin up to 20-30%, i will be happy to pay as I pay for convenience and peace of mind but not 50% and up. Cheers! If the 5er gathering is on< I am game.

Top Bottom