E39 Accident

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;512113 said:
Tyre grip in wet require exactly the opposite of dry. You need more surface contact for dry to improve grip but every square cm of surface contact gives u more lift when your surface is covered with water. The wider and botak tyres in the wet is just recipe for disaster while the same will be so sweet to drive on dry road.

I always throw my car around u-turns in the wet, low speed, to have a feel of what's losing traction feels like. U need to be familiar with the feel so to detect it and correct it before its too late. Secondary oversteer is more deadly!

..... just remember you can't hold two birds in one hand at the same time ....... and you're safer, i guess. Anyway that is one tough e39.

bluepanther;512145 said:
..... just remember you can't hold two birds in one hand at the same time ....... and you're safer, i guess. Anyway that is one tough e39.

But I can hold 1 bird & 2 balls in 1 hand:cool:

initialM;512217 said:
But I can hold 1 bird & 2 balls in 1 hand:cool:

that small ar , your bird and 2 balls ....:thefinger::thefinger:

hahahah.....:burnout:

how fast was he goin & using what tires with how many % thread left? good to know i think...

Ok lar for the sake of sharing here's the story. Actually 2 cars were travelling together E39 523 & Volvo S40 2.0T. Driver of S40 told he was bout 50 mtr behind & having hard time chasing the E39 coz it was very fast. At 1 corner after overtaking a Myvi & lil overshoot & trying to get back to the lane but got lil slope at the corner. The car bump & swerve before toppling. The car was on 18" wt RFT tyre. The absorber also not so good condition. Whatever reason it exceeded the car limit. Was told the doing around 140kmh to 160kmh at that moment. I must say he is really realy very lucky no incoming car & escaped unhurt. Sometimes power is nothing without control.

Is this his first total? Dunno about u all, but I think having the opportunity to total a car and walk out to drive again, u'll be a much better driver.. in terms of understanding the car and know your limit.

drive slow slow larrrr ... what if knock some innocent ppl out there ...then only wanna cry ... same time better be happy to see your family after the crash ..the crash is BAD ...

haywire;512022 said:
Wow....lucky escape there. Last year my friend was driving from Ipoh to KL on the PLUS highway in a 2003 Merc E240...brought back himself from the UK about a year before that. He just passed Tapah..he said he was only doing 90kmh due to heavy rain..but still the car aquaplanned, skidded and toppled a few times. The car was totalled but luckily insurance company agreed to pay 100% (RM150,000). I guess the scene might look very similar to this. Both him and his mother came out safely without a scratch, but maybe with some whiplash.

Drive Safely.

:smokin: car will aquaplane even at 80km/h ...dont even think abt speeding in heavy rain ..... drive slow n steady ....:smokin:

ICEMAN 13;512307 said:
drive slow slow larrrr ... what if knock some innocent ppl out there ...then only wanna cry ... same time better be happy to see your family after the crash ..the crash is BAD ...

:smokin: if knock innocent people .... i dun think you will have time to cry if the kampung people get to you first!:smokin:

Yup the innocents who drove slowly with family and kids buta buta die bcoz of drivers like this....he should be racing on the track rather then trunk roads...

VKS;512319 said:
Yup the innocents who drove slowly with family and kids buta buta die bcoz of drivers like this....he should be racing on the track rather then trunk roads...

True also... imagine if another family MPV coming from opposite or if the Myvi was dragged along... jia lat!

Mod and speed responsibly! Hope the driver learn from the lesson.. or else the E39's sacrifice would be a waste!

speeding in the rain with 4-passengers on a 2-way road... damn what was he thinkin!? i wouldn't even dare to speed when driving alone in sepang circuit when its raining...

ya....what was he thinking? - driving w an not so good absorber means u have marginalised your ability to feel n control your car. The E39 like all cars is a moving mass and without the proper suspension damping, u have little chance to control it unless u are a gifted driver.

he was lucky that he killed no one, including those sitting around him! Not very wise and I hope he has learnt his lesson.

from InitialM extra info we now know that it was driver error rather than car/ equipment...he ran wide and clipped the slope between the road and grass/gravel before losing control...and at speed of 140 to 160kmh...wow...

they were very lucky as the A-pillar collapsed to such extends...

You guys have all the point rite:top:

Thats why I'm sharing the incident here as a reminder to all. Hope he learnt the lesson.:smokin:

t2ribena;512384 said:
from InitialM extra info we now know that it was driver error rather than car/ equipment...he ran wide and clipped the slope between the road and grass/gravel before losing control...and at speed of 140 to 160kmh...wow...

they were very lucky as the A-pillar collapsed to such extends...

Ehh I heard yr 518 can go faster than that in corner:burnout:

Yup the headrest save them actually from being crushed.:smokin:

518 cannot go that fast la...its too heavy for such a corner...

did the seat collapse also?

Top Bottom