E30 Parts & Maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BMW E30 M40 318i.
Gear cluster which calculates the mileage does not function, found out that it has been into bits. Mine is a Motometer.

I'm trying to get a replacement gear to fit into it. However, I'm not sure as to which set of gears to get for the part.
Saw this part online but not sure which set of Motometer gears to get, apparently the number of 'teeth' varies.

It would be great if I could get some assistance with this.

Thanks.
http://www.garasibmw.com/new/index....r-spidometer-e30-m40-vdo-dan-motometer-detail

jayjaydenis;844643 said:
BMW E30 M40 318i.
Gear cluster which calculates the mileage does not function, found out that it has been into bits. Mine is a Motometer.

I'm trying to get a replacement gear to fit into it. However, I'm not sure as to which set of gears to get for the part.
Saw this part online but not sure which set of Motometer gears to get, apparently the number of 'teeth' varies.

Thanks.
http://www.garasibmw.com/new/index....r-spidometer-e30-m40-vdo-dan-motometer-detail

What u are asking maybe professional knowledge. If u want the contact of an auto wireman in KL, who drives an e30 & specializes in e30s, PM me.

jayjaydenis;844643 said:
BMW E30 M40 318i.

Thanks.
I ordered my '84 VDO kit from garagistic, but I CAN'T seem to find a motometer kit in km/h on their ebay page.

2cents;844738 said:
What u are asking maybe professional knowledge. If u want the contact of an auto wireman in KL, who drives an e30 & specializes in e30s, PM me.

Hi,

That would help. I've checked the issue and was told that I need to get a set of new gears to ensure the Motometer works

Raja_Mongkut;844897 said:
I ordered my '84 VDO kit from garagistic, but I CAN'T seem to find a motometer kit in km/h on their ebay page.

Managed to get source for a Motometer kit on their webpage. I actually purchased the VDO unit but it obviously does not fit. Will try the new one when it arrives and hope it works.

Hi Guys,

I'm new here.

1. I'm trying to get a replacement for my e30 m42 Rear Bumper Center Moulding (part no. 51121945926), because mine cracked.

2. Out of curiosity, Instead of replacement, can it be repaired?

TQ

Some updates

Bavarian Auto Parts

Shock absorbers - F 275 Boge R 200 Sachs
Absorber Mounting F 78 R 30
Absorber damper F 25
Protect Tube F 10
Petrol tank filler cap 75
Glove box latch 72

Do let me know if the prices are appropriate =)

Top Bottom