e30: new plugs but temp. goes up!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Yes, 88 Celsius. That's the thermo temp rating of your car which mean its engine operating temp is 90C. What's the thermo you have now? If lower than 88C, change to 88C and see what happens...

meetoo;221297 said:
Yes, 88 Celsius. That's the thermo temp rating of your car which mean its engine operating temp is 90C. What's the thermo you have now? If lower than 88C, change to 88C and see what happens...

i have no idea what my thoermo i have now. but it is mostly at 1/4 mark

went to kl recently and this is what i have observed...

highest temperature is about 2 mm below 1/2 mark
lowest temp. is about 2 mm below 1/4 mark

i think my temperature gauge senses well, haha:D

Lee 36328 and I both feel that in a cooling system that is WORKING WELL, the temp should be ROCK STEADY in the middle, whether hot weather, cool weather, traffic jam, rainy, night-time, uphill or downhill.

Your temp readings are not harmful and maybe that's the way the E30 is. The only thing is you will be experience fluctuating fuel consumption, and may have higher engine wear and oil sludge formation. Not harmful, but not optimum only.

Mr Master Grand Sifu No.1 Lee 36328, do you agree? :)

i bought the new 88deg thermostat and mr. ersalle had so kindly helped me install it this afternoon. thank you so much anwar, i appreciate it.

i can now join the "rock steady" club of e30 water temperature that now shows constant 1/2 mark (actually slightly below it about 1 mm)

as for the old thermostat? it's a 71deg one but made worse because i found 7 holes around it! so this ust have been done by the ex owners' mechanic.

thank you anwar and i owe you a bottle of bmw coolant and belanja lunch you next week when we meet in taman u.

Good to know that it's been resolved Selespeed :)

88C thermostat and rock steady at 12o'clock is the way it supposed to be. All those who think it's alright to have fluctuating temperature and running the engine cooler is good are fooling themself.

selespeed;222110 said:
i bought the new 88deg thermostat and mr. ersalle had so kindly helped me install it this afternoon. thank you so much anwar, i appreciate it.

i can now join the "rock steady" club of e30 water temperature that now shows constant 1/2 mark (actually slightly below it about 1 mm)

as for the old thermostat? it's a 71deg one but made worse because i found 7 holes around it! so this ust have been done by the ex owners' mechanic.

thank you anwar and i owe you a bottle of bmw coolant and belanja lunch you next week when we meet in taman u.

No problem SELE, till we meet again:D.
icon14.gif
on ur temp. gauge hehehe. By the way, don't forget to check on the water level, see if it drops below cold level when the engine is cold. If falls below the level, top it up till the level and monitor the water level for a week or so, this is to ensure no air pockets trapped in the cylinder head area.
Oh ya sorry bro, my house got no chairs and had to make u stand most of the time hahahaha

ersalle;222180 said:
No problem SELE, till we meet again:D.
icon14.gif
on ur temp. gauge hehehe. By the way, don't forget to check on the water level, see if it drops below cold level when the engine is cold. If falls below the level, top it up till the level and monitor the water level for a week or so, this is to ensure no air pockets trapped in the cylinder head area.
Oh ya sorry bro, my house got no chairs and had to make u stand most of the time hahahaha

hey man! no chair no problem. i like to stand to learn. if i sit, it means i am not interested in my car.

almost forgot to check. luckily you remindedme. just went out to check ad the level has fallen slightly about 5 cm below max. so i tooped it up to the max level.

thanks man for your generous help!

meetoo;222119 said:
Good to know that it's been resolved Selespeed :)

88C thermostat and rock steady at 12o'clock is the way it supposed to be. All those who think it's alright to have fluctuating temperature and running the engine cooler is good are fooling themself.

thanks to you man for alerting me! you're the cooling man!

Top Bottom