Drive to Fraser's Hill

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
CONVOY CHECKLIST:

1) Check all neccessary fluids and oil levels on your ride.

2) Carry out a thorough inspection of your cooling system. We will be driving uphill for an extended period.....you have been warned! Do check that pesky fan clutch ppl!

3) Ensure that your braking system is in tip-top condition.........downhill all the way home ppl..........

4) Please ensure that you have at least 3/4 tank of fuel, there are hardly any petrol kiosks along the way........

5) Please secure all loose items in the car (also in the trunk) as the roads ARE twisty and windy.......

6) Make sure you are well rested the night before........fatigue=dangerous drivers!

7) Please ensure that all bodily byproducts have been expunged prior to the drive........again, hardly any facilities along the proposed route.......besides if we have to stop for you, remember, half the members are armed with digicams! So.....don't overdo breakfast 'kay?

8) Beg, borrow, or steal a touch 'n' go card or plus tag to assist in minimizing our time at the toll booths..........not compulsary, but it helps........

9) Drivers.....try not to 'tune' your co-driver and vice-versa

10) make sure Tires are in good condition & check the pressure.
Please also double confirm your spare tire pressure. I have seen some with a flat spare wheel.

Fraser's Hill on Sunday, February 20th, 2005.

The purpose of this drive is to enjoy a convoy out of KL. RACING IS PROHIBITED!

What to expect: Nice twisty roads and beautiful scenery

The drive:

8:00am - Meet up for breakfast at Penang Nasi Kandar PJ New Town(nxt to HSBC)

9:00am - Leave KL

9:30am - Exit to Bentong

10:30am - Foot of Fraser's Hill

11:00am - Up to Fraser's Hill

12:00am - Lunch

2:00pm - Leave Fraser's Hill

3:00pm - Kuala Kubu Bharu

4:30pm - Back in KL

The Rules
1) No Overtaking - you will be assigned positions during this convoy
2) Speed Limit - 120kph: no execptions
3) Maintain your pace - maintain a distance of one car length at all times
4) Pace of the drive will be set by the lead car - keep up or else the pace of the convoy will suffer.
5) If your car has more than 550bhp don't participate
6) If your car has less than 100bhp don't participate

The Participants:

1) Kevster30
2) Fabianyee
3) Elwine30
4) Albundy
5) Three28
6) wkwoo69
7) Crymson
8) rx7soo
9) L O N G
10) Alvin
11) ICEMAN 13 ( time to warm up my tires )
12) jeffreyewe (only way to know if ride overheats going uphill) will leave 30mins earlier to catch up with you all......hehehehe
13) Daredevil (will postpone my trip back to Aust to attend this)
14) HAMMAN
15) amizana
16) Alex

CONVOY CHECKLIST:

2) Carry out a thorough inspection of your cooling system. We will be driving uphill for an extended period.....you have been warned! Do check that pesky fan clutch ppl!

3) Ensure that your braking system is in tip-top condition.........downhill all the way home ppl..........

4) Please ensure that you have at least 3/4 tank of fuel, there are hardly any petrol kiosks along the way........

5) Please secure all loose items in the car (also in the trunk) as the roads ARE twisty and windy.......

6) Make sure you are well rested the night before........fatigue=dangerous drivers!

7) Please ensure that all bodily byproducts have been expunged prior to the drive........again, hardly any facilities along the proposed route.......besides if we have to stop for you, remember, half the members are armed with digicams! So.....don't overdo breakfast 'kay?

8) Beg, borrow, or steal a touch 'n' go card or plus tag to assist in minimizing our time at the toll booths..........not compulsary, but it helps........

Please also double confirm your spare tire pressure. I have seen some with a flat spare wheel.

11) bring loads of CDs, as there wont be much radio reception, anyone has a CB radio for emergency cases?

Can we meet up at 7am & leave latest by 7:30am please. Then it will be a nice drive up the hill. How? :D

good idea!

better earlier , maybe, just maybe we could run into the porsche or AROC.....

wonder if rules will still remain if we run into them......!!!

Mr Teejay, could you kindly reduce the size of the picture in your avatar.....thanks.....a wee bit too big! :p

Yes, must stick to the rules. Don't underestimate the AROC chaps' considerable skill in any case. Alvin, I support your proposal but I doubt many others would.

Wkwoo69

Thanks. If we dun start having convoys or drives earlier & be more punctual, its difficult for the committee to organise joined events with other clubs like the porsche club. I understand that some may want to stick to ourselves but it will be healthier if we can gain support from other clubs also espcially when we need numbers for events like Track day.

I hope that everyone can be punctual this time.

Kevster

I propose as follows:

7:00am Meet up.
7:30am Sharp we will leave irregardless of delays.
If Number of cars at 7:30am is not minimum 10, call off the function.

will the rule be used during the way back too ??

cuz as what i've seen that some will tend to break off earlier and so on... and there will remain a vital few that will then FLY back Down hill without any rule on the ROAD...

Hope this rule is used during the way back too so that we can have a pleasant convoy back too .... !!! :p

I fully support leaving right on time if we have the minimum number rule. We don't have to wait for them at any point - they should know the route and catch up if they are late.

I'm just so tired of ALWAYS having to wait for people who are late. And its not even due to emergencies, etc. most of the time! ("Huh....drank too much last night lah...alarm didn't ring lah...")

Do be more considerate to the drivers who have other things to do in the day! What more about those who travel right accross town early in the morning (sometimes close to the route we eventually take) to make it on time? Its a real disgrace.

If you aren't serious in the first place, then please don't even bother.

Whilst I am still unable to confirm my participation at this point, I fully support Alvin's punctuality call. Timeliness and road discipline is the only way to go.

i will b in jogyakarta fr 19th-26th, thus hevta giv dis convoy a big miss .. sighs.

gentlemen, drive carefully k ;)

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Fraser's Hill on Sunday, February 20th, 2005.

The purpose of this drive is to enjoy a convoy out of KL. RACING IS PROHIBITED!

What to expect: Nice twisty roads and beautiful scenery

The drive:

7:00am Meet up.

7:30am Sharp we will leave irregardless of delays.

If Number of cars at 7:30am is not minimum 10, call off the function.

8:00am - Leave KL

8:30am - Exit to Bentong

9:30am - Foot of Fraser's Hill

10:00am - Up to Fraser's Hill

2:00pm - Leave Fraser's Hill

3:00pm - Kuala Kubu Bharu

4:30pm - Back in KL

The Rules
1) No Overtaking - you will be assigned positions during this convoy
2) Speed Limit - 120kph: no execptions
3) Maintain your pace - maintain a distance of one car length at all times
4) Pace of the drive will be set by the lead car - keep up or else the pace of the convoy will suffer.
5) If your car has more than 550bhp don't participate
6) If your car has less than 100bhp don't participate

The Participants:

1) Kevster30
2) Fabianyee
3) Elwine30
4) Albundy
5) Three28
6) wkwoo69
7) Crymson
8) rx7soo
9) L O N G
10) Alvin
11) ICEMAN 13 ( time to warm up my tires )
12) jeffreyewe (only way to know if ride overheats going uphill) will leave 30mins earlier to catch up with you all......hehehehe
13) Daredevil (will postpone my trip back to Aust to attend this)
14) HAMMAN
15) amizana
16) Alex

CONVOY CHECKLIST:

11) bring loads of CDs, as there wont be much radio reception, anyone has a CB radio for emergency cases?

Kevster;

Was there last week. ODD is going up (40 minutes) and EVEN is down (40 minutes)

So, U cud go up at 9.30AM, but not at 10.00AM

Originally posted by iloveVagina@Feb 5 2005, 08:36 AM

Kevster;

Was there last week. ODD is going up (40 minutes) and EVEN is down (40 minutes)

So, U cud go up at 9.30AM, but not at 10.00AM
Boss,

Noted.........we will adjust our timing accordingly.

THANK YOU!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRIVIA...

Soon there will be no more GAP. So, if U guys want to take photo for grandchildren, take at Gap guard house. So, that U can tell stories later.

Soon, there will be two roads going up/down Fraser Hill. One road goes up, one road goes down. The newly constructed road is ready, but no opening ceremony yet.

So, once the new road is open, The Gap will no longer exist.

Top Bottom