[DIY] Angel eyes installation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aidilj

Official Member
Hello all, I would like to share my angel eyes installation done a few weeks ago. Before I start here are some info regarding the car and the angel eyes.

Car: E46 facelift with halogens
Angel eyes: Umnitza Orion Lite Generic LED 6000K $59.99

Note: Try this at your own risk, I would not be responsible for any loss caused by following these installation steps. Please take all necessary precautions when doing your installation.

I started with the power wiring harness. The positive is taken from the jump start point.

IMG_0950.jpg

The wiring harness comes with two triggers, one for normal and another for remote operation - lighting the car up along with the cabin lighting. The remote lighting is not used for now so it is insulated away.

IMG_0952.jpg

The negative is taken from a nearby chasis screw, which is also used to mount the relay.Then its time to remove the headlights lens to install the angel eyes. To do this there are a few things need to be done, remove the turn signal by releasing a screw from the top, remove plastic piece underneath headlight from middle of car towards the side, remove weather stripping on top of headlight, remove lens by releasing clips around it and pull out plastic piece.

The rings

IMG_0973.jpg

Then the wires need to be fished through the headlight out to the back

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

Install clips on the ring

picture

Fit the ring on the reflector

picture

Test the ring before assembling the lens by energizing the relay with the jump start point with the normal operation trigger.

picture

After the rings are installed, it's time to find a point to energize the relay when the car is operating. I'm going for the always on mode where the lights is on whenever the key is in position 2. Remove the cover for wiring box using allen/hex keys. Other guides mentioned T25 for the screw but mine is secured using just allen keys. Umnitza guide mentioned splicing a red wire with gold/yellow stripe but I couldn't find it. So I splice the following wire instead.

picture

Before finishing up

picture

All done

picture

Cheers

[EDIT]

Remote trigger wiringThe wiring harness has another trigger which was not connected last time. It is meant to be connected to the footwell light so the angel eyes will light up along with the cabin. Since the cabin light fades out, so will the angel eyes.The unused trigger last time

picture

Found a rubber seal at the firewall, punch through it and fish the trigger wire into cabin

picture

Closeup

picture

Displace plastic cover below steering to access wiringTrigger through firewall

picture

Footwell light socket

picture

Positive wire spliced

picture

Connect trigger wire

picture

Now you have remotely operated angel eyes. Cheers

Aidil

[EDIT]

you can see the full thread here : http://aidilj.com/2017/07/bmw-e46-angel-eyes-installation/

saya baru buat bulan lepas.

Ring Eyes RM80
Upah pasang RM180
Total RM260.

area sunway..
puas hati.. result very cool

JAY E46;553573 said:

Ring Eyes RM80
Upah pasang RM180
Total RM260.

area sunway..

The ring eyes is RM80 for 4 pieces? I noticed they are SMD LED type. Very cheap..

Give me the name of the shop also and PM the contact.

ps..sst.. very complicate the wiring. I just taped from the pilot light of the high beam. :listen:

jarance;553582 said:
The ring eyes is RM80 for 4 pieces? I noticed they are SMD LED type. Very cheap..

ps..sst.. very complicate the wiring. I just taped from the pilot light of the high beam. :listen:

Bro

Was the price RM 260 consider very cheep, since i never ask any shop yet.

Alex5522;553587 said:
Bro

Was the price RM 260 consider very cheep, since i never ask any shop yet.

RM 80 is cheap. :top: RM 260 is normal price. :sleep:

DIY can save RM 180. :love:

Ah!!

I wanted this kind of lighting effect for my FL E39. The original ring lights are too dim! Can share where did you get the Umnitza from?

Cheers,

Neoh

I bought the angel eyes from umnitza.com, see here

http://umnitza.com/umnitza-orion-lite-generic-angel-eyes-p-5686.html

They also have a brighter version which is Orion V2 which is brighter and better made but the price is $100 more than the lite, see here

http://umnitza.com/umnitza-predator-orion%C3%A2%C2%84%C2%A2-angel-eyes-with-remote-p-1198.html

I settled for the cheaper one because I'm low on budget and don't want it too bright. Also because I bought a DICE Silverline PRO kit along with it. Will post some pics on that once my account problem is solved - cannot view profile so cannot upload picture.

The price is in USD and I had a friend brought them back here. I am not sure why angel eyes available locally is cheaper. Was I ripped off?

JAY E46;553573 said:

Ring Eyes RM80
Upah pasang RM180
Total RM260.

area sunway..

r u sure ur is SMD LED type or CCFL ???????If CCFL , the set is RM150-200 but labour is rm50 so end up with 200-250 .....seem like the shop lower down d item price but increased the labour charges.......

If LED .....then i better get it here rather then import from Taiwan cos its cheaper ................

Btw ......For E46 .....shld buy the A+B type meaning one small ring and one big ring .....From the pics .......the angel eye mainly for E36 as both ring size are the same but can fit to e46 ...just A+B will looks more nicer ............

jarance;553582 said:

Jarance ..........call me mah if u want ..............

But not rm80 lah .........But cheaper then market price for u ............Hahhahahhahahha

Lionel_Koh;553745 said:
Jarance ..........call me mah if u want ..............

But not rm80 lah .........But cheaper then market price for u ............Hahhahahhahahha

No need lar.. potong stim lah. Thought RM80 was a good buy.

pss..sst have already done for my car..

Copyofsmdled.jpg

Lionel_Koh;553744 said:
r u sure ur is SMD LED type or CCFL ???????If CCFL , the set is RM150-200 but labour is rm50 so end up with 200-250 .....seem like the shop lower down d item price but increased the labour charges.......

If LED .....then i better get it here rather then import from Taiwan cos its cheaper ................

Btw ......For E46 .....shld buy the A+B type meaning one small ring and one big ring .....From the pics .......the angel eye mainly for E36 as both ring size are the same but can fit to e46 ...just A+B will looks more nicer ............

yes Lionel. agreed E46 should have a smaller ring for the High beam.

Ring eyes.. RM80 1set, saya beli dekat Puchong, Bukan original, made in taiwan.. memang murah tapi setakat ni ok saya pakai, kereta hensem je..

upah pasang RM180, saya pun pelik kenapa mahal sgt.. rupanya susah nak pasang.. sebab nak pasang ring eyes kene cermat dan cantik.. coz kalau salah pasang air masuk.. and lampu ade wap.. memang mahal sikit upah pasang.. tapi saya puashati dengan result. kalau nk tgk boleh la lepak2 nanti kita tgk..

JAY E46;553573 said:

Ring Eyes RM80
Upah pasang RM180
Total RM260.

area sunway..

PM me the shop name bro... :top:

jarance;553759 said:
No need lar.. potong stim lah. Thought RM80 was a good buy.

pss..sst have already done for my car..

Copyofsmdled.jpg

its ccfl or LED?????

JAY E46;553778 said:
Ring eyes.. RM80 1set, saya beli dekat Puchong, Bukan original, made in taiwan.. memang murah tapi setakat ni ok saya pakai, kereta hensem je..

upah pasang RM180, saya pun pelik kenapa mahal sgt.. rupanya susah nak pasang.. sebab nak pasang ring eyes kene cermat dan cantik.. coz kalau salah pasang air masuk.. and lampu ade wap.. memang mahal sikit upah pasang.. tapi saya puashati dengan result. kalau nk tgk boleh la lepak2 nanti kita tgk..

boleh confirm the ring is ccfl or LED ???? CCFL kena connect to ballast/inverter(a small thing like a kotak ) and LED just direct sambung .........

Top Bottom