Delivery of F30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
a5glude;742837 said:
Anyone else take delivery of F30, any issue to report ?

No issues. Minor glitches on the pax side side mirror, returned back to wrong position after out of reverse gear. Otherwise the 320d saves fuel like it generates its own fuel internally. The start/stop function has been used before by many other conti cars in Europe. BMW Malaysia is slow in bringing this stuff here. It works great if Malaysia is a temperate climate country. As it is now, in the afternoon (hot afternoon) due to extreme heat and high demand for the aircond, the engine will not cut off. Overall its damn good feature for cheapskate like me who counts every sen of diesel.

I'm getting me car in a week.

Looking forward to tint the car.

Any recommendations? A place that I could get a great deal for security films (Llumar or vkool?).

Cheers.

I'm from Singapore and can't comment on the diesel engines. However, the new N20 engines in the 320i/328i are really fuel efficient and powerful as well. The stop-start feature takes some getting used to but nothing beats a totally silent engine when waiting for the lights to turn green!

initially i booked the 323i E90. after 2 days i change the booking to 320D E90. after one week i change again to 320D F30. my wife was on fire hehehe but my SA says its ok!

azrolonizamo;752540 said:
initially i booked the 323i E90. after 2 days i change the booking to 320D E90. after one week i change again to 320D F30. my wife was on fire hehehe but my SA says its ok!

The SKD F30 320D looks better spec than the CBU, the one that I saw was a Modern Line model. It's without the unique wood veneer as I saw in the Europe model but looks like a painted piece of plastic.

Speed-Buster SG;752538 said:
I'm from Singapore and can't comment on the diesel engines. However, the new N20 engines in the 320i/328i are really fuel efficient and powerful as well. The stop-start feature takes some getting used to but nothing beats a totally silent engine when waiting for the lights to turn green!

I've been driving the F30 328i Sport for the last 2 days, with a mixture of city & highway driving (may be 60 : 40), the average fuel consumption is 12.0l/100km, nothing closed to what's stated in the brochure (6.3l/100km). And I'm on Comfort mode most of the time.

JCKL;752605 said:
I've been driving the F30 328i Sport for the last 2 days, with a mixture of city & highway driving (may be 60 : 40), the average fuel consumption is 12.0l/100km, nothing closed to what's stated in the brochure (6.3l/100km). And I'm on Comfort mode most of the time.

My E90 320d gives 7l/100km city driving. If you want good FC,get a diesel-they are leagues ahead. If you want a high-revving car, get a petrol.

JCKL;752605 said:

Hi JCKL,
congrat on your new car :) i am going toget mine soon...hopefully this week.
Do you change to Eco Pro mode?

JCKL;752605 said:
Is the 12.0l/100km recorded by the trip computer or manual calculation ? Normally manual calculation will reveal that the fuel comsumption is even higher than the trip computer.

docrayboy;752637 said:
My E90 320d gives 7l/100km city driving. If you want good FC,get a diesel-they are leagues ahead. If you want a high-revving car, get a petrol.

Hi Doc,

I wanted a high revving car that why I bought the 328i, I'm not too concern on the fuel consumption : it's just an observation that the figure differs very much from the stated consumption.

a5glude;752658 said:
Is the 12.0l/100km recorded by the trip computer or manual calculation ? Normally manual calculation will reveal that the fuel comsumption is even higher than the trip computer.

The figure was registered by the trip computer.

Can anyone create a thread on F30 ACTUAL fuel consumption so other members can compare? 328i and diesel. I believe its not just me that curious and contemplating between these two version. Would be really helpful =) I personally considering 328i but after reading this, I might just go for 520d or 320d...

If you like good FC and good low end torque...the 320d is pure magic! My suggestion, hilmi-go for it. Experience the diesel revolution once in your lifetime, at least. Break out from the petrol mould/mindset. Get over the clatter, get into the diesel revoulution!

docrayboy;752774 said:
If you like good FC and good low end torque...the 320d is pure magic! My suggestion, hilmi-go for it. Experience the diesel revolution once in your lifetime, at least. Break out from the petrol mould/mindset. Get over the clatter, get into the diesel revoulution!

Thank you for a prompt reply. Was reading through on EURO4 diesel so on and so forth and that make me worries too. But then again, I still have time to think about it. =)

hilmihilmi;752781 said:
Thank you for a prompt reply. Was reading through on EURO4 diesel so on and so forth and that make me worries too. But then again, I still have time to think about it. =)

With Euro4 then we can then get bigger cc BMW diesels in with bi/tri turbo fitted...but with our current Euro 2M, the 2L turbodiesel is already so much of compact sedan-rocket fun!

I heard peugoet just launched 508 diesel models sedan and SW. The engine is new euro5 2.2 with 204hp and 450nm. It is loaded with features incl hud. This euro5 new engine is gng to run with our euro2 diesel. I guess peugoet must have tested it. So I think the new BMW diesel engines should also able to run with our euro2

I just followed up with my SA. She's complaining stock for Alpine White / Coral Red is really slow in coming. Sigh...

azrolonizamo;753007 said:
i am picking up my 320D this afternoon. any advice on what to look for in the new car

Yah...good question.
I am picking up my 328i on this sunday. Ant advice?? Appreciate valuable advice from sifu-sifu :)

Can the folks who have collected thier SKD cars confirm the following:
1. HIFI, what is inclulded?
2. Variable Sport Steering, does is firm up on Sport and Sport +?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Top Bottom