Cleaned my MAF Sensor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eterna22

Club Guest
Hi Guys!! Thank you for this wonderful wonderful forum that i get to save RM1,000 by doing something myself.My car (E46 320 ci) was diagnose with a fault in the MAF sensor. the car still ran... but have the below symtoms,1) slight hill it will change between 2nd and 3rd gear every second.2) idling screwed up when u come to a halt.3) petrol consumption shoot up.so i was adviced by mechanic to change the MAF sensor, only RM1,000:stupid::stupid::stupid:i then read the forum...cleaning the maf sensor bla bla bla by our good samaritan members.4pm, i snake from the office:listen: called up BROTHER AMPANG branch to confirm they have a CRC MAF cleaner for sale. yep. they do.So its RM37went there, jam like shit as it was raining today. Got it.... For those ppl who dont know where it is, you just need to go ampang point... for another 2-3 km, brothers is on the right hand side of the road (Provided ampang point is on your left)GOT IT. Went home have a nice dinner , open bonet and pray to jesus christ that i dont fuck things up.Took out the air box in 3 minutes FLAT.took the MAF Sensor out....looks delicate... put the straw on and spray very carefully....then ballz got bigger...spray like a mad man until flooded:eek:let it dry while watching discovery channel.after 20 minute put back....start the car...hopefully no check engine light on.1) immediately i reverse the car it felt different. 2) warm up the car.... low end torque was great... it changes gear on straight road at like 1800rpm with little trottle...whoa...good feeling...like a BMW.3) warmed up... step on it...the sounds seems tighter !!... and goes thru the rev VERY SMOOTH.4) Butt dyno tells me there is some power increment all rev range.5) come home , log on , type this thing to thanks ALL TAIKOR :top::top::top::top::top:6)Clean my shit before i get F'ed.7)Good sleepi still have a full bottle, if anyone wants to use... i shall pass this on for someone to benefit.conclusion,1)SAVED RM1,000.2)im NOT a DIY guy, yes i found it a PIECE OF CAKE.CHEERS

Good one bro.. so now you have save RM1000, how about spending RM300 on the membership. LOL.

BTW, did you take some photo on the cleaning up? It would be appreciated.

Jarance,

about the membership, why not. Please PM me your number.

About the pics, no i did not have any shot. But since i got through it, if someone volunteer for me to clean their MAF Sensor, then i would be glad to take pics this time round.

Furthermore, my hands were very dirty yesterday.

Thanks

gud job bro, u just opens up my eye on DIY thingy. Actually we can do wonders with it......

good job bro...my advise...keep the maf cleaner, its so easy to use u may want to do it every oil change or every other oil change and this thing runs out pretty fast...

sure thing. will keep it then. anyone need it can pm me, i can let u guys use.

eterna22;408471 said:

Bro eterna22,

I have a few questions.

1) Do you need to disconnect the negative battery terminal before you remove the sensor?

2) When you reinstall the sensor do you need to perform 'coding'?

3) There's nothing wrong with my sensor so far but it is already 3 years old. Is it due for cleaning?

Thanks.

1) no need , i didnt for my case.

2)no need also, i just plug back and drive

3)i there is nothing wrong may i suggest you dont touch it, might screw things up and make it worst. unless you feel like having the symtoms above u can try, or you really wanna explore your car. but for me i dont like to touch things that have no problem. hehehe

Yes, there is no need to disconnect the battery but do not turn the ignition to "ON" as it will register the alarm. then you might need to clear the error code.

eterna22;408471 said:
i suggest all of us convoy to your house and JUST DO IT :top:

no problem,

call me , i have tools and most importantly CRC.

017-3332627

oh,

how do i clear the fault code?

Just clean my MAF by using the cleaner..

notice that the RPM went up to 1000 rpm for a few seconds during the first starting and then it settle down back to 750 rpm..

any of u guys still have crc cleaner left pls sell to me. dont 1 to buy new bottle use abit and left for years. i can collect from your location and pay u

Mouse;423166 said:
any of u guys still have crc cleaner left pls sell to me. dont 1 to buy new bottle use abit and left for years. i can collect from your location and pay u

I used Carb cleaner and it cost me RM16 at the accesory shop.

Here a pic of the cleaner & my MAF
ResizeofP1030369.jpg

Here is the dirt purge out after the spray.
ResizeofP1030370.jpg

Mouse, if you want you can borrow my cleaner spray if you have no problem with it. It is not CRC but it is similar to contact cleaner. (No charge). Just PM to collect in Klang on Sunday only and dreturn when you are done with it.

turbology;423196 said:
Just make sure the carb cleaner print or say "no residue" :)

No sure about that but I think there is no residual.. It work like CRC contact cleaner (Alcohol based).

jarance;423173 said:
I used Carb cleaner and it cost me RM16 at the accesory shop.

Mouse, if you want you can borrow my cleaner spray if you have no problem with it. It is not CRC but it is similar to contact cleaner. (No charge). Just PM to collect in Klang on Sunday only and dreturn when you are done with it.
bro, thank you for your kind offer, I beh tahan oledi buy the CRC this afternoon, muhahahaha, :top:

Top Bottom