MAF Sensor or Oil Separator Problem?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tawfiq;831152 said:
Wow thats cheap! Autobahn@Sunway quoted me RM1000 for the whole set (including hose)

Last time quoted me 200 for the valve n 285 for 3 hoses since my other 2 hoses r still ok. But if u one cheaper u can go for non ori. But my opinion u beter go for ori there r different in material they r using for example hose from valve to manifold if ori they r using sum kind of rubber material n its elastic but for non ori its plastic material n stiff.

replaced my car's CCV today with a 2nd hand CCV. also needed to change 1 air hose.

car is running fine now. no idling issue now :)

tawfiq;831849 said:
replaced my car's CCV today with a 2nd hand CCV. also needed to change 1 air hose.

car is running fine now. no idling issue now :)

how much bro?

UnoS;831886 said:
how much bro?
Valve (2nd hand) 120
Air hose (new) 35
Bushing (new) 30
Labour 80

Total 255

Thank god its not the MAF as the other workshop diagnosed. Would have cost me 450 just to get a 2nd hand and then he would ask me to change the CCV! Already spent 100 there to change ignition coil :(

Mr.Tawfiq, I am writing this reply on behalf of Bluegreen Motor Werks. When the car came at the 1st place with idling issues, we started diagnosing the car & found one of your coil packs was shorted. Therefore the mechanic suggested to you to change the coil pack 1st. You agreed for used unit at RM100 & it was done. The engine idled a lot better but it was still not perfect. To which you personally saw & agreed with the mechanic since you were here all the time.

Upon inspection, the mechanic suspected your MAF was faulty because when the socket was opened, the idle became perfect. Therefore he told you he has to find another MAF to change & confirm, & quoted you RM450 if that was the actual problem. You left our place saying you will come back because we didn't have the part right then.

Now, your ignition coil was faulty & you were here to vouch it, because we tried & it became better & that's why you paid for it. Regarding the MAF, we wanted to test first.If it had solved your problem, only then we would have charge you.So,please try to understand our clarification, we would never ever bill or do any diagnosis on our clients wallet. We have never done that & will never do that. This is our promise to our passionate BMW world.

Mr.Tawfiq, if you are still not satisfied with the coil changed, please call Nathan 0166180165 & return it to our premise & we will refund your RM100.Your old coil is marked & is in our waste collection which our waste collector haven't come yet. We will put it back for you.Hope this clears out all the clouds.Thank you & kind regards.

Mike
Bluegreen Motor Werks

riezam;831053 said:
Bought it from inner power jln ipoh. The hoses is more expensive than the valve. Hehe
Is inner power a second hand parts supplier - if so can you pls pm me the contact thks

wolverine;834359 said:
Mr.Tawfiq, I am writing this reply on behalf of Bluegreen Motor Werks. When the car came at the 1st place with idling issues, we started diagnosing the car & found one of your coil packs was shorted. Therefore the mechanic suggested to you to change the coil pack 1st. You agreed for used unit at RM100 & it was done. The engine idled a lot better but it was still not perfect. To which you personally saw & agreed with the mechanic since you were here all the time.

Upon inspection, the mechanic suspected your MAF was faulty because when the socket was opened, the idle became perfect. Therefore he told you he has to find another MAF to change & confirm, & quoted you RM450 if that was the actual problem. You left our place saying you will come back because we didn't have the part right then.

Now, your ignition coil was faulty & you were here to vouch it, because we tried & it became better & that's why you paid for it. Regarding the MAF, we wanted to test first.If it had solved your problem, only then we would have charge you.So,please try to understand our clarification, we would never ever bill or do any diagnosis on our clients wallet. We have never done that & will never do that. This is our promise to our passionate BMW world.

Mr.Tawfiq, if you are still not satisfied with the coil changed, please call Nathan 0166180165 & return it to our premise & we will refund your RM100.Your old coil is marked & is in our waste collection which our waste collector haven't come yet. We will put it back for you.Hope this clears out all the clouds.Thank you & kind regards.

Mike
Bluegreen Motor Werks
I am a neutral reader. At the end of the day your diagnosis was wrong concerning the MAF when two other workshops diagnosed the problem as the CCV

Mr.Terry8, thank you so much for your comment. We believe there's always room for improvement. Appreciate it :)

wolverine;834377 said:
Mr.Terry8, thank you so much for your comment. We believe there's always room for improvement. Appreciate it :)
Hey no hard feelings coz even though I been an engineer for more than 20 years, I still do make mistakes and learning everyday. Only thing is that I am an electrical engineer an my mechanical knowledge is close to zero hahahhahahahaha

No hard feelings bro. Being an engineer myself, I know where it all comes from. Cheers :top:

tawfiq;830956 said:
Got my car checked today from WQW (Mr. Wong) for a 3rd opinion.

He confirmed its due to a leak in CCV(oil separator). Couldn't get it changed today as I went there around 4pm and he doesn't have enough manpower to work on my car. Asked me go on Saturday. Mr. Wong seemed to be a very nice person and wasn't pushing to change other parts. He even asked whether I want new or 2nd hand.

Luckily didn't listen to the BlueGreen foreman and change the MAF. Would have paid RM450 (that's what he asked for a 2nd hand MAF) for nothing like the ignition (RM100) :(

Will let you guys know what happens after the CCV change on Saturday.

Thanks for your help.

Mr Tawfiq ...so what's the story from your part here in this thread ? as you mentioned about "LUCKILY" have you been lucky so far to solve this issue ?

tawfiq;830956 said:
Got my car checked today from WQW (Mr. Wong) for a 3rd opinion.

He confirmed its due to a leak in CCV(oil separator). Couldn't get it changed today as I went there around 4pm and he doesn't have enough manpower to work on my car. Asked me go on Saturday. Mr. Wong seemed to be a very nice person and wasn't pushing to change other parts. He even asked whether I want new or 2nd hand.

Luckily didn't listen to the BlueGreen foreman and change the MAF. Would have paid RM450 (that's what he asked for a 2nd hand MAF) for nothing like the ignition (RM100) :(

Will let you guys know what happens after the CCV change on Saturday.

Thanks for your help.

Mr Tawfiq ...so what's the story from your part here in this thread ? as you mentioned about "LUCKILY" have you been lucky so far to solve this issue ?

Top Bottom