Carnauba experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
welcome Krismas....

know who am i? hehe... just tried the M21 2.0 synthetic sealant. starting to have your streaking issue la, what did i do wrong i also dunno. it was on a clean M80-ed surface. haihs.

Hey Alex, having fun with the Bosch?

Hmmm...streaking also eh? I'm thinking this new version need to be applied super thin and needed to be cured super long la. Don't know what to do already.

KrisMas;345602 said:
kevin, I would like to try...hehe....but can it go on top of a carnauba?

Sure you can. You should try the latest Z-CS forumulation and top it off after the carnauba has cured, typically after 24 hours. If really can't wait that long, then allow at least 3 hours.:top:

I know about the 24hrs curing but I heard that there's a (unproven) method that you could accelerate the carnauba curing time by spritzing and wiping off with cold distilled water after applying. Don't know how true is that.

Whilst we too are uncertain of this from a scientific view, we know that cool distilled water will help when there's haze during curing from a high carnauba content product. As to whether ridding the haze translates into better curing, we're unsure.

Guess what we're trying to say is 'heat' or a warm climate will always help in accelerating the curing process. But the issue for us here is the high levels of humidity...which tends to slow it back down abit.

KrisMas;345942 said:
I know about the 24hrs curing but I heard that there's a (unproven) method that you could accelerate the carnauba curing time by spritzing and wiping off with cold distilled water after applying. Don't know how true is that.

Only tested it on half of my car bootlid. Don't want to waste it. Want to do a proper full detail before going for the full monty with the z's underneath.

I only got it a few weeks ago.

Now that would be interesting...doing the full monty with Zaino and topping off with a premium carnauba wax.

You might want to try the following:

Surface prep to include claybar.
Paint correction - though not for everyone.

Wash and rinse the car, then dry.

Start with Z-AIO as a paint cleanser and bonding agent by applying and let sit for 10-15 mins. Buff off to a shine.

Mix Z-2 Pro or Z-5 Pro with 3 drops of Z-FX into the small plastic bottle provided. Start applying the mixture by working the cotton applicator thinly in lateral movements up and down the bonnet facing u and up & down on the sides. The amount of pressure should be light to medium.

When the car is fully coated, you can begin to buff to a shine. Repeat the above 2 more times and you're done.

Z-CS can be applied afterwards. Or you can leave this till after the carnauba.

Let Zaino system bond by allowing up to 1 hour or more before applying SN. SN shuld be applied in circular motions, adding a firm pressure each time. You can start buffing when the application is completed.

Happy detailing. And I'm sure u'll have a dripping wet and glossy car when done.

SP|D3RMaN;346004 said:
Wow !
All the great master is here ....
Zaino ... too bad can't find in JB ....

Not so great la Green Boy.....hehehe.....

@kevin: Could I do without ZAIO? Just wipe down whatever oil left with some solvent or the like? Any issue with the bonding?

KrisMas;345975 said:
Only tested it on half of my car bootlid. Don't want to waste it. Want to do a proper full detail before going for the full monty with the z's underneath.

I only got it a few weeks ago.

So what's your take on the DDSN compared with M16...........
After you're done putting all your, megs, zaino and dodo stuff on your, the stuff over the clearcoat is worth more than whats under it:stupid:

Hi zaskar, haven't done any side-by-side with m16 yet. Only top up half of the already Z5pro-ed bootlid with the SN. Planning to do the comparison with m16 this weekend if weather permits. Will update on the results.

KrisMas: there should be no issue with bonding without using Z-AIO, i have done this many times and have still achieved great results.
Let me know what you think when you have properly tested Supernatural, I have tried it but didnt think there was anything special in terms of looks. but it is very slick...quite close to Royale.

@maxxsp: I've also not notice much difference except for slickness on the 50/50 bootlid, even though the Z5 is already a few weeks old (been topping with z8 after wash). Will update on whatever my findings along the way.

You've tried Royale???? Lucky you!!!

Hi KrisMas,

We would still recommend Z-AIO after paint correction, IPA wipe down (or Prepsol) and a wash (extra). Z-AIO is essentially a replacement for Z-1, the original bonding 'agent'.

With the addtion of mild cleaning agents and a combo of Z-2 Pro properties, it will give maximum confidence in that you know the surface will be near to a perfect prep. It will also give a base 'Zaino look'. And for a typical DIY session without machine, Z-AIO should work a treat for final surface prep by hand.

Just like when pple experiment with a particular glaze or glaze/cleaner combo prior to applying a wax, the important considerations are what kind of look from the glaze and any compatibility issues between brand A glaze and brand B wax. The look of the glaze could well be the final look on the car.

In the same light, Z-AIO completely compliments Z-2 Pro & Z-5 Pro and takes away any guess work whatsoever.

KrisMas;346015 said:
Not so great la Green Boy.....hehehe.....

@kevin: Could I do without ZAIO? Just wipe down whatever oil left with some solvent or the like? Any issue with the bonding?

KrisMas;346165 said:
err...is that ZAIO + IPA/Prepsol + Wash or ZAIO/Ipa/Prepsol + wash?

Sorry for the confusion. It is in this order:

Surface prep

Paint correction

IPA/ Prepsol wipe down

Wash (Extra step if required)

Z-AIO followed by Z-2 or Z-5:cool:

Ok...gotcha.....

@maxxsp: need an independent view here....from your experience MUST I use Z6 to clean between coats or can I just use #34/Last Touch or do without it altogether? Should I go to that detail for my DD?

Krismas, shall we do side by side comperro with your zaino and my dg, i'll get a spare e30 boot of mine and we can do on a nice flat surface. Then you can try the diffent steps and interchange the steps to see the best results. Then also can do weathering test.

Top Bottom