Carnauba experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
oldskool;273970 said:
Hi Alex,

I haven't managed to take any pictures yet. I will do so next week hopefully. He used Swissol on my car as its a dark colour car. Basically I am very happy with the outcome.

Glad u loved it, bet u even love your car more right? i do by the way.

better if u give him 'facelift' a bad condition car so the diff is more obvious. take before and after!!! i'm planning to get my car there too, after i go through my gf!!! :rock:

i went to carnauba autospa at jalan tun razak last year, a week after i got my car which then needed some grooming. paid RM700 for the full package and was expecting some major changes as my paint & leather was dull but to my surprised the car only looked like it got a carwash from some mamak stall when i collected it. the following week i sent my car to CARS International (not that i'm happy with them but just that i have leftover credits) and the results was better than carnauba autospa. at least i could see the difference.

since then i've lost confidence in 'exotic' car detailing and my car is due for some grooming soon so i thought of seeking opinions from u sifus on the forum...

lookup fishbonezken on google. he'll sort your car out. check out his blog for pix. he's part of the meguiars kaki in msia.

yo spidey. how're you? its ModMyVi here.

by the way, carnauba is the one near Jalan Hampshire right? saw loads and loads of lux cars there

AlexNg;343683 said:
LoL
It seems we keep on bumping into each other.
In JB, it's so hard looking for a top notch quality commercial detailers ...
No market it seems ....

AlexNg;343683 said:

by the way, carnauba is the one near Jalan Hampshire right? saw loads and loads of lux cars there

alex...you reminded me about the load and load of luxury car at carnauba and perhaps they only take good care of those cars. my car was THE lousiest there. others were m5's, m6's, porsches, ferraris, etc. it sucks to be discriminated at... went there coz i saw their ad&publicity on thestar newspaper should've surveyed and researched from the forum b4 goin...

ok i've received strong recommendations for meguire's (pj), autodetailing (pj) & swissvax (hartamas)...now i dunno which one to send to

E46Fanatic;272151 said:
I know Albert as well. He is a real detailing enthusiasts, and his red EF Civic is an outcome of Zaino treatment. Didn't realize he opened a detailing shop.

I think I'll send my wife's Jazz there to see what he can do to bring back the paint to life.

i have known albert for a while. its not his first involvement in the detailing business. remember harry bright? (not a place i would personally go to anymore). albert is quite a nice guy, is passionate about detailing. used to klasse the red seevicks all the time.

actually, he introed me to klasse last time. okay product but i hated washing the red (from my miata) outta the cloths used to buff it. i used to be a DIY enthusiast too... now retired cos no time for it anymore. i can tell you, how little the enthusiast know about detailing, they still think they know better and they do have huge expectations when they pay someone to do it. i certainly did. i cud certainly find faults and soon, there were less and less places i cud send it too. so, have to DIY again? aihhh... now i have no time to send my car to the detailers. my lovely hubby does dat when i leave the country for extended periods of time.

no detailer is perfect. i have been to CARS, harry bright, carnauba autospa, and quite a few others. got cheap got expensive. cheap one not always worst and expensive one not necessary good. depends on the bangla doing the job.... not the owner. products also not the benchmark. many of the meguiar-exclusive ones i visited have a long way to go... to charge the high rates they do, as their techniques are still far from acceptable. I used to send my car for a wash just to see how i like their work... you can use the time to see how they are doing other cars and evaluate the results on your car as well.

AlexNg;272327 said:
I may be wrong but this is what i think:

wax is usually used to enhance the paint's appearance either gloss, depth, smoothness, reflection etc etc... it has a poor durability, does not protect the paint much but still got la... on a black car or dark color car, waxes are used to make it look like mirror, looking as if the paint was wet (like when u spray water)

sealants on the other hand, is more of a durable coat for your car's paint. it does add gloss to a certain level, slight depth and such, pales in comparison to a pure wax. on the other hand, it is much more durable than a wax. therefore, on a silver car (all my car's silver so i got 0.00001% experience) wax does not give depth. it just gives a very nice, smooth, and wet look, but not the mirror look. so, to me sealants are best for light colored cars, as the gloss is still there, its more durable.

actually... its simpler than that.

wax = organic.
hence, it enriches and moisturises the paint. hence got depth and gloss. but breaks down faster.

sealant = synthetic
provides better and longer protection.

good news!
you dun have to choose! can wax first then sealant! hahahha!!

ah lian;343757 said:
actually... its simpler than that.

wax = organic.
hence, it enriches and moisturises the paint. hence got depth and gloss. but breaks down faster.

sealant = synthetic
provides better and longer protection.

good news!
you dun have to choose! can wax first then sealant! hahahha!!

Actually it is recommend to use Sealant first then only Wax ;)

SP|D3RMaN;343777 said:
Actually it is recommend to use Sealant first then only Wax ;)

whats the rationale for dat ahh??

i top off the wax with sealant to get the best of both worlds. so that the wax can enrich the colour, and the sealant can form a barrier to keep the wax in longer.

ah lian;343780 said:
whats the rationale for dat ahh??

i top off the wax with sealant to get the best of both worlds. so that the wax can enrich the colour, and the sealant can form a barrier to keep the wax in longer.
This is MY OWN logic.
As we know , any wax will not last very long in our weather. It's because of our humid weather. By topping off wax on top of the sealant , once the wax comes off , it'll just come off with the sealant.
If you were to layer a sealant first, ur sealant would tend to last much longer.
Anyway, this are all theories. Practical or not , I'm not sure.
But i do remember reading somewhere that sealant would not cure properly on a wax surface (do not quote me on this).
Cheers

SP|D3RMaN;343793 said:
This is MY OWN logic.
As we know , any wax will not last very long in our weather. It's because of our humid weather. By topping off wax on top of the sealant , once the wax comes off , it'll just come off with the sealant.
If you were to layer a sealant first, ur sealant would tend to last much longer.
Anyway, this are all theories. Practical or not , I'm not sure.
But i do remember reading somewhere that sealant would not cure properly on a wax surface (do not quote me on this).
Cheers

interesting logic. but if the sealant is good enough, then why put wax on top? why no more layers of sealant?

ah lian;343794 said:
interesting logic. but if the sealant is good enough, then why put wax on top? why no more layers of sealant?
This is where YOUR logic applies ...
For different clarity in the paint work.

Logic : Carnauba Wax perform best on dark coloured cars for clarity/shine. Sealant works best in the durability.

Practical : Only the user who uses both products knows

Hahahaha

actually, i dun really buy the dark cars use wax and lighter karer cars use sealant logic. before there were sealants, lighter karer cars oso use wax mah. i used to own both (dark and silver car), and have tried wax or/and sealant...

in the end? send both to the detailer cos tired of the effort.

the logic was prolly invented by detailers that do short cut!! hahahha!!

but i can see how the wax really affects the lush, deep karer of the paintwork, especially darker ones. it comes alive!

ah lian;343799 said:
actually, i dun really buy the dark cars use wax and lighter karer cars use sealant logic. before there were sealants, lighter karer cars oso use wax mah. i used to own both (dark and silver car), and have tried wax or/and sealant...

in the end? send both to the detailer cos tired of the effort.

the logic was prolly invented by detailers that do short cut!! hahahha!!

but i can see how the wax really affects the lush, deep karer of the paintwork, especially darker ones. it comes alive!
Frankly , i drive a white car.
I use both sealant , waxes and sealant/waxes.
Maybe my eyes are playing tricks but i cant see the difference.
Need to test it out on a black/dark coloured car.
:D :D

sealants dont bond well to the wax underneath and does not last as long as if it was directly applied to the paint.

the sealant is used as the first layer as it lasts longer. topping it off with wax will enhance the look as if only wax is used (depends on the clarity of the sealant)
however there is a product by zaino called Z-CS that allows you to wax first and then seal it in (used to seal in expensive waxes)
IMO it doesnt work very well though, considering the amount of hype before its release.

on a white car it is hard to see the benefits of a natural wax so many people use sealants instead as they offer longer lasting protection.

maxxsp & SP|D3RMaN are absolutely right. Sealants are designed to bond and cure on clean & prep paint surfaces to form the protection, durability and shine.

Although the word sealant may imply 'sealing off' as a final layer, the intention is clear when you use the product by itself without any waxes/ or other synthetic products underneath.

By going the sealant route (synthetic products), you can top off with a wax, spray sealant, etc. Some carnauba wax products contain colour 'staining' properties or otherwise colour enhancement. So for the typical black or white shades, some folks find that using such products gives them more in terms of the look, in addition to the look from the sealant.

maxxsp, we're surprised to hear that you don't like Z-CS. btw, Zaino has released an upgraded formulation to take care of the subtle hazing and curing issues. Would you like to sample some?

Top Bottom