Autodetailer, Carnauba and...... CARs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hhahaha for me i always diy .
no need to pening kepala where to go .
nathan , if u onli wants to wax your car go buy maguire , and diy saja very easy onli

There is a reason why the detailers don't want to do a simple wash and wax...

It's as simple as "wax job CAN'T do wonders". Most cars now came 'standard' with orange peel on the clear coat. And if any customer goes to them for a wax job and the customers expected the sky and made a big fuss out of it even though that's the best a wax job can do. It would be detrimental to the detailer's reputation. This is not to just make money but also to cover-backside..

Automotive detailing is an often misunderstood and used too frequently without the full understanding of what it truly means.

Detailing combines scientific knowledge and artistic skill to produce a premium appearence for painted automotive surfaces.

As a general guideline detailing consists of the following categories:

1) Cleaning - to remove loose dirt and contamination
2) Surface preparation - to remove bonded dirt and contaminants
3) Polishing - to create gloss
4) Glazing - to nourish paint and improves it's appearance
5) Protection - using wax or sealant to create a protective barrier frm the elements.

To truly adhere and apply all these processes, it is impossible to provide professional detailing services to ANY given car within 24 hrs. Those who have attended the car detailing clinics in the past would concur.

I've tried both and here is my opinion

Autospa - Tried both the RM250 full package and the waxing only package twice. Tried the cheaaper wax the first time and te more expenxive wax the second time. Both times, the shine did not last long. For the overall service, i would give them 6 out ot 10. They get a lot of card these days so i guess the quality drops.
The only thing i like about this place (the jln tun razak branch) is their waiting room and the friendly :) guest relationship personnel)

Autodetailer - Tried this place after after doing a lot of research on the web on how to bring the shine of your ride back. Service is good. You get a full description of the car paint, what is polishing and waxing....etc from owner. Left my car there for 2 days for the full package and was really satisfied with the RM700 job. Engine bay and interior looked brand new. The exterior shine lasted longer too.

Cheers
Chief

chief said:
I've tried both and here is my opinion

Autospa - Tried both the RM250 full package and the waxing only package twice. Tried the cheaaper wax the first time and te more expenxive wax the second time. Both times, the shine did not last long. For the overall service, i would give them 6 out ot 10. They get a lot of card these days so i guess the quality drops.
The only thing i like about this place (the jln tun razak branch) is their waiting room and the friendly :) guest relationship personnel)

Autodetailer - Tried this place after after doing a lot of research on the web on how to bring the shine of your ride back. Service is good. You get a full description of the car paint, what is polishing and waxing....etc from owner. Left my car there for 2 days for the full package and was really satisfied with the RM700 job. Engine bay and interior looked brand new. The exterior shine lasted longer too.

Cheers
Chief
bro, what ride r u having? autodetailer can remove all the scratches and dull surface on the interior (door, dashboard, seats, etc)? its difficult to find someone to clean the engine compartment with a satisfactory job, they really did the job well i assume on your engine bay?

Mouse said:
bro, what ride r u having? autodetailer can remove all the scratches and dull surface on the interior (door, dashboard, seats, etc)? its difficult to find someone to clean the engine compartment with a satisfactory job, they really did the job well i assume on your engine bay?

E46 2004.

Yeah. the enterior and leather looked really good(and still does) . But i was really impressed with the engine bay job. They used some anti static spray or some sort at the end.

I will go there again but not very soon due to the high $$$. For now i have found that doing your own DIY wax job can give you a good and satisfying result as well. Got myself the Meguire Quick Wax i have been happy so far.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Thks for the info....sorry for the late reply...been a bit busy.....yup agree that i was not too impressed with the works of Carubuna on my interior.......not that it was bad but i could not realy see much diff btwn them and glare........(glare changed me 60bucks........carubuna 200)........

guess its too late already as thye wedding is this sat......but i think i will diy during the long raya break..........

Hi,

For me I 100% support Autodetailer. Most of my car is black in colour as you know black is not easy to maintain, so when ever I get minor scratch I will left my car with Autodetailer, they will take care for me. The service they provide is 100% sactisfactory. Another good thing they kept customer cars in a lock garage.

I have try CARS with the 1 year package, I regret when they did up my car 1st round.

hi personally think carnuba autospa iis the best car wash around... I normally don't bring my car to car wash but they change my mind... but of cos i only go to them.... their polish and wax is fabulous.... I polished my car every 3 month once and wax it very once a week......you got to know the guys there so they know what to do for your car!!!! probably when you guys go there next time look for Mr Devan.... he is a nice guy and jalan Yap Kwan Seng branch

Hey Guys, have personally spoken to both Auto Detailer and tried Autospa. I thot for the money paid AutoSpa was fantastic value for me. I paid RM280 for the Concurs wax and the clean job was amazing. There was always at least 4 - 5 persons working on your car at any one time and the entire process took close to 5 hours. Some notes:-

* They use standard product (IMEC/Meguairs, so they claim) for the first cut polish;
* The final wax job was Zymol, I managed to cajole the Owner into giving me the Zymol treatment on leather and the rims;
* Engine bay clean was good, they actually use a toothbrush to go through the entier engine bay, only as long as the hands can reach in;
* All drainage areas/runners, chorme bracket on the front of the car was satisfactorily polished;
* Carpet all vacumed and washed.

Overall, the car looked really good after my first treatment. I have not tried Auto Detail but I believe they can do better, however, note the higher price, takes a longer time and less man hours on your car (does not always translate to better job, but what are the chance of the 25 man hours AutoSpa spent on my car doing alot worse ??).

So, depending on Budget and how much that additional difference is worth, make your choice. I DIY it myself these days using the Zaino product. Have tried Meguiars Tech Wax and felt it did not last long enough.

Check out this online review....
http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html
that must be read together with this.
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gheumann/zaino_test/

Top Bottom