Carnauba experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

AstroCreep

Club Guest
Sent my car to Carnauba Autospa Glenmarie last Saturday for a one-off detailing for RM 690. Thought it was convenient since it's near to home, and with all the good stories about the place and service, I gave it a try. The result was not great - Interior missed few spots, some black marks left, dust still at certain parts of air-con vents, and others. Exterior, I wiped back the windscreen, side mirrors, and worst part, the rims were not properly cleaned. I don't think I collected too much dust from Glenmarie to Bkt Jelutong. I do expect a kind of showroom condition after paying RM 690.Did I set the wrong expectation?!? Called them this morning and agreed to resend this Friday. Thanks to share your experience.Maybe I should look elsewhere next time.

sorry to hear that bro,to part with all that money must be a pain for that kinda results..there's one place in PJ near the toyota showroom..but can't remember the name now for the life of me..apparently they're pretty good

i heard the place is good but not so nowadays.

would you care to take your UDM to Kota Damansara?

ProDetailers shop. even i send for a basic wash, my aircon vents are spotless and by rims are quite clean! (quite because i clean them myself too and know where to spot the dirt, i m a diy detailer)!!!

Their service is getting worse.. I'm talking from experience. But I went to their Jln Tun Razak branch. The last time I went, the waiting time is too long fer a wash & vacuum. Too many dirty spots left out after washing. I have to supervise to make sure they really clean it and wipe it again. I wonder, what’s their problem?

Not going back there again. Better go to my friendly neighbourhood macha! Good price, good werk! =)

AstroCreep;271678 said:
Sent my car to Carnauba Autospa Glenmarie last Saturday for a one-off detailing for RM 690.

Thought it was convenient since it's near to home, and with all the good stories about the place and service, I gave it a try.

The result was not great - Interior missed few spots, some black marks left, dust still at certain parts of air-con vents, and others. Exterior, I wiped back the windscreen, side mirrors, and worst part, the rims were not properly cleaned. I don't think I collected too much dust from Glenmarie to Bkt Jelutong.

I do expect a kind of showroom condition after paying RM 690.
Did I set the wrong expectation?!?

Called them this morning and agreed to resend this Friday.

Thanks to share your experience.
Maybe I should look elsewhere next time.

AlexNg;271796 said:
i heard the place is good but not so nowadays.

would you care to take your UDM to Kota Damansara?

ProDetailers shop. even i send for a basic wash, my aircon vents are spotless and by rims are quite clean! (quite because i clean them myself too and know where to spot the dirt, i m a diy detailer)!!!

where is this ProDetailers in Kota Dsara?

Guys...

then it there a recommended place for the detailing job with a reasonable price? Actually i am looking for a step clay, polish and wax along with engine cleaning. I will do the interiors myself.

feisaldzul;272000 said:
where is this ProDetailers in Kota Dsara?

Hi!

i went there twice but don't know the address. i know it is in Dataran Sunway @ Kota Damansara. has a Red Black theme on the signboard. look for Albert a.k.a. Pluto. he quoted my my e90 TiAg (black surely need to pay more) RM150 for a Klasse AIO and Klasse SG treatment after Wash and Clay. excellent value. but for best results a suggest u leave the car there longer so no hurry = better job!

Highly recommended:top:

PS: if u go i wanna go too!

AlexNg;272015 said:
Hi!

i went there twice but don't know the address. i know it is in Dataran Sunway @ Kota Damansara. has a Red Black theme on the signboard. look for Albert a.k.a. Pluto. he quoted my my e90 TiAg (black surely need to pay more) RM150 for a Klasse AIO and Klasse SG treatment after Wash and Clay. excellent value. but for best results a suggest u leave the car there longer so no hurry = better job!

Highly recommended:top:

PS: if u go i wanna go too!

is this the same albert that's got a spanking shinny red civic ...? if yes then another pro too ...

ICEMAN 13;272027 said:
is this the same albert that's got a spanking shinny red civic ...? if yes then another pro too ...

Yes bro....

the racer turn detailer. be prepared, he is the right in your face kind, won't try to polish your shoes or anything, will tell truth upfront and straight. learn from him something : "Waxing a silver car is USELESS!!!, it just needs a sealant, why? because silver has nearly no depth in paint, sealant can make it glossy can liao, y wanna wax?"

TiAg, i strongly suggest Klasse!!!

Dear AlexNG,

Thank you for the recommendation. I would definitely drop by to check the place out. I have towo cars to send.

Btw, what do you mean by Klasse AIO and Klasse SG treatment? Basically how much did you pay in total for the detailing? Does it consist of engine wash too?

no prob bro, i like the place so just recomend to u guys. if u go call me ya, i also wanna go! car crazy here...

Klasse is a brand, Klasse AIO is Klasse All-in-One (google to learn more) and Klasse SG is a sealent. the detailer will first wash your car, clay, then do both to make the most of your car (if and only if its silver, cuz i all my cars are silver and i dunno bout other colors, but black is more expensive). i was told it is RM150 for the said treatment, but Engine wash (or detailing as in Car language since engine wash is for mamak, hehe) might or might not charge, if u give him little time then can't lo, if he got loadsa time, then can do maybe cheaper or free!

oldskool;272061 said:
Dear AlexNG,

Thank you for the recommendation. I would definitely drop by to check the place out. I have towo cars to send.

Btw, what do you mean by Klasse AIO and Klasse SG treatment? Basically how much did you pay in total for the detailing? Does it consist of engine wash too?

Hi...

I will do so but now its still raining session. I thought of going there in end of the month or early January. I have a dark colour car (purpish brown). I guessed it will be pricer.

I agree that Carnauba wasn't really that good. I just took delivery of my pre-owned 1 series from Autobavaria, and the rims were not sparkling like what I would expect. Okay la...I didn't wanna be a pain, I just wanted to get my ride ASAP!

I know Albert as well. He is a real detailing enthusiasts, and his red EF Civic is an outcome of Zaino treatment. Didn't realize he opened a detailing shop.

I think I'll send my wife's Jazz there to see what he can do to bring back the paint to life.

AlexNg;272049 said:
Yes bro....

the racer turn detailer. be prepared, he is the right in your face kind, won't try to polish your shoes or anything, will tell truth upfront and straight. learn from him something : "Waxing a silver car is USELESS!!!, it just needs a sealant, why? because silver has nearly no depth in paint, sealant can make it glossy can liao, y wanna wax?"

TiAg, i strongly suggest Klasse!!!

What is the difference a sealant and wax then?

Daniel;272286 said:
What is the difference a sealant and wax then?

I may be wrong but this is what i think:

wax is usually used to enhance the paint's appearance either gloss, depth, smoothness, reflection etc etc... it has a poor durability, does not protect the paint much but still got la... on a black car or dark color car, waxes are used to make it look like mirror, looking as if the paint was wet (like when u spray water)

sealants on the other hand, is more of a durable coat for your car's paint. it does add gloss to a certain level, slight depth and such, pales in comparison to a pure wax. on the other hand, it is much more durable than a wax. therefore, on a silver car (all my car's silver so i got 0.00001% experience) wax does not give depth. it just gives a very nice, smooth, and wet look, but not the mirror look. so, to me sealants are best for light colored cars, as the gloss is still there, its more durable.

Dear guys...

I just went to Pro Detailer and he is good, very professional and straight forward. I like this honesty. I did a full detailing there and I am very happy with the result. I am bring my second car there.

For those who is looking for a place to wax or detail your car, consider Pro Detailer. His name is Albert Low, very friendly chap.

oldskool;273878 said:
Dear guys...

I just went to Pro Detailer and he is good, very professional and straight forward. I like this honesty. I did a full detailing there and I am very happy with the result. I am bring my second car there.

For those who is looking for a place to wax or detail your car, consider Pro Detailer. His name is Albert Low, very friendly chap.

Hey bro,

congrats on finding a great detailing center! post the results and the process here!!!:rock:

Hi Alex,

I haven't managed to take any pictures yet. I will do so next week hopefully. He used Swissol on my car as its a dark colour car. Basically I am very happy with the outcome.

Top Bottom