can't measure engine oil level.. solution anyone?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Syahmi Aziz

Official Member
i'm using the 525i m54 japan spec with iDrive.. when i go to the vehicle info, and choose "engine oil level" it says "no measurement currently possible.. anyone facing the same problem? solution?

Sounds like oil level sensor is kaput or dirty. Go with the cheaper solution first, by cleaning the sensor

Syahmi Aziz;736329 said:
i'm using the 525i m54 japan spec with iDrive.. when i go to the vehicle info, and choose "engine oil level" it says "no measurement currently possible.. anyone facing the same problem? solution?

I thought M54 still comes with dip-stick? Only N52 magnesium after year 2005 engine are without.

Jerman;736507 said:
I thought M54 still comes with dip-stick? Only N52 magnesium after year 2005 engine are without.

Our friend didn't complain about the dipstick. He just couldn't figure out why the high tech oil level sensor in the iDrive not functioning. :4:

astroboy;736509 said:
Our friend didn't complain about the dipstick. He just couldn't figure out why the high tech oil level sensor in the iDrive not functioning. :4:
AB,
For M54 engine, the iDrive does not have that function to detect the engine oil level.

Jerman;736513 said:
AB,
For M54 engine, the iDrive does not have that function to detect the engine oil level.

... but M54B25 got the sensor ma.. Item 14: Oil levelling sensor, Part #: 12 61 7 508 003

MjY2ODhfcA==.png

oil_level_sensor_diy_sensor.jpg

AB,
Thanks for the technical drawing, mine CKD M54 iDrive does not have the function to read the engine oil level. Have to do it the conventional way, dip-stick....."wipe, dip and wipe" :burnout:

Syahmi Aziz;736329 said:

Bro, me too facing this...I tho is normal for M54B25...pls update if any solution...

View attachment 24244

The sensor is used for the CBS....

astroboy;736516 said:
... but M54B25 got the sensor ma.. Item 14: Oil levelling sensor, Part #: 12 61 7 508 003

MjY2ODhfcA==.png

oil_level_sensor_diy_sensor.jpg

astroboy;736516 said:

You're right, there's an oil level sensor in place. If the function is not available, BMW wouldn't have put the option in the iDrive and confuse owners :)
A quick google came back with quite a number of articles saying that this sensor might go faulty. I suggest we should get the sensor checked to see if it's the culprit but on the other hand, shouldn't the engine check light comes up if the sensor is bad?

IMHO, in the M54 the sensor is there as in like any other car...when level very low only there will be warning, but it doesnt provide the same feature like as with the N52.
I suppose for the M54 it was built in the idrive but the software for it is not there, the software only came with the N52's, thats why it cannot read.

Top Bottom