E60 engine oil went down to LOW!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My friends co bought 3 unit 523i few months back, all 3 cars experience eng oil drop at 8000, 9000+ & 11000+
Looks like the problem with the new R eng

yeah so i heard, apparently there is an oil leakage problem found in most E60s. Please notice the parking floor of your car.

I top up mine when it clocked 10k at 9 months.. a full 1 litre of Castrol full synthetic oil .. Well, that was what recommended to me by BMW.. didn't notice any oil spill in the garage so leaking is out of the question..

Mine abt 6 months now, abt 12k mileage. signal just came up for top up also 1 liter. Not sure what to do went to AB and Moorthy de service adviser so kind to advise me to only top up abt 750 ml (not 1 liter as it may cause flushing out) and restart the car.. it's ok after that. Me using Shell Helix fully synthetic. He said it's normal for new car and after the 1st service, it shouldn't happen anymore.

Mine had a gear box oil spillage happening on my garage floor just after 2 weeks collection of the 525i from AB, but sent it back and they rectified the problem.

scary come to think of it after the 3 years warranty period

I bought mine from BMW Park Lane London so called them up and was told to top up a litre.. Was afraid of "terlebih" top up but so far the engine is running as smooth as any inline 6 BMW engine should be.. :D

maverick00 said:
Calling E60 owners....especially 2006 model without dip-stick. On Saturday I experienced a sudden loss in engine oil. Warning light came on saying engine oil is low, please add 1 litre.:eek:

There's no leakage whatsoever. Does it get evaporated or eaten up? Has anyone experienced such a problem? Please share.:confused:

AB salesman said it is normal bcoz the the oil viscosity is too thin. Still I don't find any reason for the oil to disappear.:mad:
Mine had the same problem with you over the raya holidays, check the oil level from the I-drive and it shows that engine oil is low, please add 1 litre. (1 yellow bar remaining as shown on the I-Drive menu)

Each time after shutting the engine down, the top up oil icon will appear in the dashboard, very worrying

Funny thing is after driving a few days, recheck the oil again it went back up by 1 bar (2 bars green as shown on the I-Drive menu)

Cheers
QS

Mine also need to top up about 1 litre after done 8000km, ab advisor say it is normal, for e60 all the maintenance shall be follow by I-Drive menu, as advise by ab advisor.

i topped up mine at 11k km =) now its 16k km a bar is gone....

i read somewhere in the E60,net forum that the engine oil level all depends on how u break in your engine, and how hard you usually drives it.

M5port said:
i topped up mine at 11k km =) now its 16k km a bar is gone....

i read somewhere in the E60,net forum that the engine oil level all depends on how u break in your engine, and how hard you usually drives it.

can you explain more in the how to break in your engine part bro? interested to know more.

The second part now i get it, no wonder, guess i really rev the engine too hard after having some bak kut teh breakfast with some friends, coming back using the sungai buloh stretch to kota damansara, was doing about 180kph + on that stretch.

Quicksilver : if i remember correctly, the car manual says within the first 5k - 6k you must not rev over certain rpms and not exceeding a speed limit... until the engine runs in ( breaks in)

Also, i made it a habit for the engine oil level to show before engaging the car =)

The 1st thing when we got our Ultimate Driving Machine is to go through owner's manual and from there onwards you will be the best person to handle the Ultimate Driving Machine and then you could getting also the Sheer Of Driving Pleasure!!! Cheers

M5port said:
Quicksilver : if i remember correctly, the car manual says within the first 5k - 6k you must not rev over certain rpms and not exceeding a speed limit... until the engine runs in ( breaks in)

Also, i made it a habit for the engine oil level to show before engaging the car =)

Oh yeah that, now i remember reading it somewhere in the manual.

Thanks
QS

Top Bottom