BMW E60 (CKD 2008) Issues

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

davidw

Club Guest
Hi All,After reading various thread, it seems that BMW car is not a good purchase after all with few major issues, fuel pumps, CKD installations, AB/Sapura support, etc..I think I'm considering to cancel my booking...especially the car cost RM400k+. Not a cheap investment with brand like that...DavidW

IsaacVky;344144 said:
Put all the servicing things aside and enjoy the car.

True but for how long? The objective is to have a car that you like and will at least perform well with less issues and not after few months it will ended up in the Garage.

Dun drive the car like bull, i thk the car should b OK and tahan lasak; otherwise even u drive oxcart, every month u need to repair.

bmw7833;344334 said:
Dun drive the car like bull, i thk the car should b OK and tahan lasak; otherwise even u drive oxcart, every month u need to repair.

I hantam my E39 gao gao but still running strong and healthy!

Just don't miss service intervals and you should be fine.

davidw;344133 said:
Hi All,

After reading various thread, it seems that BMW car is not a good purchase after all with few major issues, fuel pumps, CKD installations, AB/Sapura support, etc..

I think I'm considering to cancel my booking...especially the car cost RM400k+. Not a cheap investment with brand like that...

DavidW

Perhaps you should consider Accord or Camry.

davidw;344133 said:
Hi All,

After reading various thread, it seems that BMW car is not a good purchase after all with few major issues, fuel pumps, CKD installations, AB/Sapura support, etc..

I think I'm considering to cancel my booking...especially the car cost RM400k+. Not a cheap investment with brand like that...

DavidW

depending on what u're lookin for:

looks / status - e60 looks good but too many OTR especially the modded ones will make ur stock car look tiny

performance - nothing great unless 3.0 or above. 400k shud get u only the 525i so dont expect much

reliability - really depends on your luck but u shud not worry since u have 3 yrs warranty for a brand new car

support - bad but toyota / honda / merc aint too good either from my past experience. not sure if lexus is exceptional in this case

frankly speaking if i could turn back time i would have bought a brand new camry/accord for my daily drive and a used subaru impreza sti for fun so u get best of both worlds. 2 cars for the same price of my E60

the design of the car makes me truly fall in love with it.
thus I am gonna stick to my decision to buy a BMW e60 a few months down the road.

David, you might wanna go for the Mercedes E class facelift. only 350k for E200.
pretty sporty too.

Me Also Everyday Hantam My E39 Kao Kao ~~~ Hopefully The Engine Can Tahan!
These Few Weeks Fed Up With My Driver Side Window, Only Can Go Down Half~~! Ai.....

ok Guys, thanks for the advice and thoughts. Decided to stick with E60 for now. Wanted to go for 530i but don't like the interior and besides, I don't actually need to power. I know some may argue with me but it's ok. The sports version looks fine for me. :)

sigh!! stick to your beemer bro!!..For me, it's worth every cent!!!

hi

its about u and ur car...dont get others opinion too much even tough no doubt its surely helps.....

....by end of mth ur the one who gonna empty up ur pocket for it....

but for me its really a fun car to drive...if u wanne speed n wish to boost power pls go for others,dont end up up buying and regret bout it..with 400k u still have much more choice to choose,u can even get two car frm it...so think twice...hehehe

neway may u find ur dear honey soon.hehehe

p/s; sorry ,its just my two cents

cheers....

normally if you already doubt the car then better dun buy it...if not end up later if anything sure complain kaw kaw one like wat happen here last time...hehe

buy bmw with heart wan if u have passion for the car...haha

like ary said there are so many choices to choose from with 400k...

normally if you already doubt the car then better dun buy it...if not end up later if anything sure complain kaw kaw one like wat happen here last time...hehe

buy bmw with heart wan if u have passion for the car...haha

like ary said there are so many choices to choose from with 400k...

ok, guys after much thoughts and advice, I got my BMW finally. Haven't drove it yet.... ;)

Congratulations on your acquisition David!

Dont think there will ever be a perfect car or perfect marque. We just have to live with some of the issues. The other thing to note is that for every complain we read/hear on the forum, there is probably 2 other satisfied owners - the satisfied ones dont write to say so cos its within their expectations.

I see a few e60 owners here, anyone interested in a mini e60 meet up?

dnhoh;349137 said:
Congratulations on your acquisition David!

Dont think there will ever be a perfect car or perfect marque. We just have to live with some of the issues. The other thing to note is that for every complain we read/hear on the forum, there is probably 2 other satisfied owners - the satisfied ones dont write to say so cos its within their expectations.

I see a few e60 owners here, anyone interested in a mini e60 meet up?

Got the car and drove it less than a month. All seems good except for a few small stuff that BMW should have added. Like the USB or the Aux-In port added to the inside the center box console and at least functioning Tele-voice command button on the steering.

Others would be just BMW I guess, whenever I brake normally to a complete full stop (not emergency brake), I notice the car sort of like jerk/wobble a bit and that happens too when I go to "Park" gear mode and apply the handbrake. Don't whether this happens to everyone.

Just my thoughts and observation. Mini meet up? Why not. :)

Agreed that certain things can be better designed.

Separately I worry about the electronics. I am still having problems with my blue tooth hand free unit. They had changed the blue tooth controller (I think) as the link was unstable. Now that is stable, friends cant hear me clearly. Its driving me nuts that a simple thing like this cant work properly.

Anyone else for a mini meet?

Top Bottom