Buying 2nd hand E46 new Facelift with N42 2.0 engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
not manja...to be honest the reason why u hear alot of BMW has GB issues is that they are subject to abuse, long / wrong fluid change. Face it...these are ordinary cars (not M3) that is not meant to be high rev all the time. Plus remember M'sia is all year round hot climate so you can imagine the how hot the GB and internal fluid will get if its constantly subjected to high rev / high speed runs.

Just my humble opinion :)

and remember you'll be buying a 10 year and above car so its bound to have its fare share of abuse unless of coz u know the owner who does frequent maintenance.

gc3000;786540 said:
Bro, thanks for the info.

My budget is around 100k -120k.. (probably 06/07 320i) what options do i have? i don't think 320d at this price.. hopefully can get a 325i 05/06 at this price..

530d is around that price

hey guys after a long break xmas holiday.. finally got a chance to see few E46s on car dealer shops....i spotted a E46 (japan spec) and also another E46 (otr shop) but its auto bavaria.... whats the diff between those? if going to buy which one better or worth the money as the price are more or less the same?....

Most CBU from Japan are with basic spec, no surprise they don't come wz alarm LOL!

go for those with rain sensors, elec seat, M sport kit (original) very new condition seats and steering as they are best indicator of how much life have it served.

Take picture of the VIN numbers
vin3.jpg
then goto realoem.com/bmw/select.do to check the details of the car Just the last 5 characters

Like what anaksarawak mentioned, try to get one with higher specs (ie. auto headlights/wipers, electric seats, Xenon + projector headlights etc.) and M-Sport kit. Since even most of the basic B to C-segment cars came with these features nowadays (eg. Korean makes), at least getting one with higher specs means you don't need to mod/retrofit those features, which costs $ and are not that straight-forward. In addition, you will not feel so left out also lah when your buddies with new Korean/Jap ride asking why your BMW is so "basic". :D

sorry because hijacking your thread mr. forgotten ethnic.

dear all sifus here, is a pre facelift 2.5 double vanos would be a good start for me?
Does this model prone to any problems? i found its look less attractive compared face lifted version.

glad to hear any good and bad about the car.

thank you

Forgotten_Ethnic;796568 said:
acap 89 no worries ur welcome...site belong to nobody all are welcome.....its free

Beg to differ from your statement. Site is no free and belongs to BMW Club Malaysia.

hi all so meaning to say:

between Japanese spec and autobavaria doff is:
rain sensors, elec seat, M sport kit (original) very new condition seats and steering

whats else the diff

Top Bottom