F30 quality issue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
wish there could be a side by side comparison between a skd unit of a 328i and a cbu version.

alpina b5;766476 said:
wish there could be a side by side comparison between a skd unit of a 328i and a cbu version.

Some dealers may still have cbu demo units so you can do the side 2 side comparison.. I know Ingress Mutiara Damansara still have a couple.. ask for Anas.

jason;766017 said:
My opinion is that most issues are related to parts failure and their related QC rather than assembly. I have tested my 328i SKD for all known issues and thankfully have not found any problems (touch wood). The chassis and assembly is spot on with no creaks or rattles. Recently took a trip to desaru and Singapore for a shake down tour and the car did not miss a beat.

Jason

Did you have any check list for testing for the known issues? I am close to picking up a 328i and want to be able to do some basic tests on the unit when taking delivery. Thanks

arulkl;766555 said:
Did you have any check list for testing for the known issues? I am close to picking up a 328i and want to be able to do some basic tests on the unit when taking delivery. Thanks

I did not prepare a check list, I just went thru the complaints made on bimmerpost.

Jason

I think I said this before, but will say it again, to give the right perspective. I have had my F30 328i for close to 2 months now. The build quality is freaking impeccable. No issues whatsoever. As Jason said, it hasn't missed a beat (touch wood). I too, have had countless BMWs in the past. Everyone I know poke fun at me for "sticking" to the brand. From E34, E36, E46, E92, F10 etc. The E92 was CBU new. The F30 with twin turbo is the best I ever had in terms of driving enjoyment and capabilities. Period!

jason;766563 said:
I did not prepare a check list, I just went thru the complaints made on bimmerpost.

Jason

Thanks

Juan Powerblow;766576 said:
I think I said this before, but will say it again, to give the right perspective. I have had my F30 328i for close to 2 months now. The build quality is freaking impeccable. No issues whatsoever. As Jason said, it hasn't missed a beat (touch wood). I too, have had countless BMWs in the past. Everyone I know poke fun at me for "sticking" to the brand. From E34, E36, E46, E92, F10 etc. The E92 was CBU new. The F30 with twin turbo is the best I ever had in terms of driving enjoyment and capabilities. Period!

Makes me feel a little more confident in the QC. I am looking at making a booking for a 328i in the next few days.

Juan Powerblow;766576 said:
The F30 with twin turbo is the best I ever had in terms of driving enjoyment and capabilities. Period!

The F30 is a nice car, no doubt about it. Quality issues have unfortunately been given an unfair amount of coverage. Manufacturing firms are all about minimising defects and I hope BMW Malaysia monitors it carefully, less it gets out of control.

Just a correction though, the F30 328 is not a twin turbo, it only has a single turbo.

Jason

jason;766722 said:
Just a correction though, the F30 328 is not a twin turbo, it only has a single turbo.

Jason

This has BMW marketing to be blamed ... :) TwinPower = Single Turbo with twin scroll ....

jason;766722 said:
The F30 is a nice car, no doubt about it. Quality issues have unfortunately been given an unfair amount of coverage. Manufacturing firms are all about minimising defects and I hope BMW Malaysia monitors it carefully, less it gets out of control.

Jason

Oooops... I knew that but left out twin "scroll" turbo by accident

First dissapoitment...There a lot little buble trap in the front windscreen film. Call SA and said it will be gone after few weeks.....need to wait and see!!

2. When run over a hole( depth about 1 inch to 2 inch)on road or some bumping road, the "dump...dump" or "dung...dung"(repeat twice because back wheel roll over after front wheel) sound are very obviously and consider LOUD!! Do your experience the same??

TQ.

What make me more dissapointed is my Toyota Innova didn't heard that sound for doing the same at the same road!!!

318I PRICE = INNOVA X 3

Is that NORMAL??????

simonyap;767194 said:
First dissapoitment...There a lot little buble trap in the front windscreen film. Call SA and said it will be gone after few weeks.....need to wait and see!!

2. When run over a hole( depth about 1 inch to 2 inch)on road or some bumping road, the "dump...dump" or "dung...dung"(repeat twice because back wheel roll over after front wheel) sound are very obviously and consider LOUD!! Do your experience the same??

TQ.

Ermmmm, I find the F30's suspension absorption to ahead of most cars in its class actually. Do get it checked. Could be a loose item or simple pwobwem

Air bubble trapped under tint film indicates a very bad job done. Most tint companies are very meticulous with their tinting process, carefully removing any and all air bubbles. I don't know if your film works in such a way where air bubbles disappear after a week, but anyways, I'd fire the SA and get it changed nonetheless :p

As for your experience when it comes to running over potholes, I don't notice any sound greater than that of any other car. However, I will say the insulation on the F30 for some reason isn't too great. I sometimes hear lorries pressing the pedal to the metal!

-HypoG

Well I hear a "croc" sound from the front right hand side only, particularly going over bumps and I don't slow down

Pretty disappointed with my f30 cbu 328i. Just over 3 months and the problem starts to surface. No comment about the performance but the quality is way beyond my expectation. To list a few . 1. Strange and annoying sound from front suspension (feels like I'm driving an old car)2. Coolant level always low (even though top up coolant, the sign still appear now and then). 3. Wind noise at low speed. 4. Aircond sound like ship propeler ( they fixed it and said leaves stuck in the air cond blower ). Anyone facing the same problem like mine ?

erniewan;767250 said:
Pretty disappointed with my f30 cbu 328i. Just over 3 months and the problem starts to surface. No comment about the performance but the quality is way beyond my expectation. To list a few . 1. Strange and annoying sound from front suspension (feels like I'm driving an old car)2. Coolant level always low (even though top up coolant, the sign still appear now and then). 3. Wind noise at low speed. 4. Aircond sound like ship propeler ( they fixed it and said leaves stuck in the air cond blower ). Anyone facing the same problem like mine ?

I'm having the problems you are facing number 1 (very very annoying to me) and 3 (seems nothing can be done so far).

it is very funny.. i do get that 'worn lower arm bush' sound from my car as well. trouble is, it is intermittent. over the same rough surface, sometimes got sound sometimes no sound. sending my car in for 1st service this Sat, let's see if they can address it.

Bro Mizhan, I've got that same problem to (as well as others). Appreciate if you could update us on that "perceived" worn out lower arm bushing.

Cheers

i'm not putting my hopes high on them resolving an intermittent problem which seems mechanical in nature. just want to replace engine oil after 7,500 kms; 15,000 kms for first service is a bit ridiculous methink. Sat 8.30am appointment at Ingress.

Top Bottom