BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
E46F and JPB...why not both of you rent the R3 track set up cars for the day. Find anuder experience driver to share with you guys.I bet you can scared a lot of ppl in the track.

But I'll be hot on ur tail....he..he..:D

ken;223918 said:
Hi E46Fanatic,
How much does it costs to join the driving experience course? I bought my car from Sapura Auto. Can i call up the Salesperson or its exclusive for ABavaria only? sounds like good fun. Cheers

Ken, you can log in to bmw.com.my for more info or call 1-800-BMW-Voice to make your reservation.

Hope this helps.:)

E46Fanatic;223786 said:
I just redeemed the free BMW Driver Training which AB offered together with 20 others freeloading with me :). Bundy, Kevster and EEric were the main instructors with Hammond and Ivan Khong (YSKhong's son).

Benefited a great deal, and after 18 years of driving, it amazes me how much bad habits or wrong techniques I have accumulated all these years. We weren't taught how to handle emergency situations, correct techniques on hand movement behind the wheel or even correct seating positions during our JPJ driving lessons and test. So this was good la.

The best part was actually pushing the E90 325i to the limit, which I will unlikely do on the street, and knowing how much the car can take and how it'll behave at its threshold and when it goes "off". On the limit, the E90 is very well balanced, and its easy to control the car in an understeer or oversteer situation even with DTC off. Its just that we have to get used to the feeling as not to panic when the real thing happens. I find that old habits was to grip the steering very tightly in an emergency situation, and looking at obstacles which are looming fast towards the car instead of looking at exit points to drive towards to. Common mistake in emergency situation which causes panic. With eyes firmly on where you wanna go, and correct steering movement techniques, its easy and fun to get out of such situations.

The E90 was purely amazing, and for a stock standard car, wheels, suspension and auto box (our cars had less than 100kms on the ODO :) ), it really performs esp on the track. I would say as best as any mass produced consumer saloon can perform around Sepang. During the taxi ride, the car is very neutral, and drifts around turn 2 and turn 3 very well and along fast sweeping bends on the limit (120+ kmh), hard and fast underbraking and very good directional shifts to the next corner. Definitely something like say a stock Accord or Camry will fail miserably to accomplish with such poise and composure.

So at the end of it all, what I've learned is the amount of driving dynamics BMW engineers have put so much effort in when designing the E90 that its really superb stock standard even with an autobox for hard hard driving. We don't usually explore this to the limits, but after the training, I am aware of where these limits are and what to do when approaching them. I've also learned, that these cars are really "raped and abused" LOL. The cars stood up well, and the only sign was some of us experienced the engine dying after hard oversteering and drifting excercise when we come to a complete stop. Kinda funny for an auto and we'll have to put the car back to park and fire up the engine again. Could be a built in mechanism on the computer saying, the driver is "nuts" and shuts down the engine after it comes to a complete stop LOL.

Just watch out when buying a used E90 325i in Siver/black or Black/Grey heh. Make sure there are no sticker glue marks which resemble BMW Driver Training on the doors appearing amist soap bubbles the 1st time you wash your car. What a nightmare it would be LOL. BTW 1 fresh set of tyres is completely destroyed after ~3 training sessions clocking only just over 100 kms.

Highly recommended... but it can get quite car sick as I experienced, when you are riding passenger, So take motion sickness pills to enjoy the session better :)

1. Its very punishing to the cars

2. Besides tyres and brakes, many many other other parts life span cut short :)

3. One thing for sure, 90% of all the supercars (360 modenas, 911 etc) in spore and MY sudah tracked before in Sepang.

hey guys,
Sorry to cut in, but ive got a question thats been on my mind awhile. What is that spare key thing in the glove compartment for? You cant use it to start the car, so whats its purpose?

Thanks

Zoggee;223821 said:
Now you've gone thru the defensive driving from BMW...why not join us for some fun on July22nd....shud be fun la.

Ask JPB....he knows. he..he..:D

I want, I want !

In the glovebox is just the holder. You need the slim spare key (looks like a key) to be inserted so that you can start your car in case you loose your key.

Bimmer910;223957 said:
hey guys,
Sorry to cut in, but ive got a question thats been on my mind awhile. What is that spare key thing in the glove compartment for? You cant use it to start the car, so whats its purpose?

Thanks

David Yong;223968 said:
I want, I want !

oh..cool. you've gone thru the BMW Defensive Driving right.?

Go pm E46F and JPB la.
If they dun want then maybe you can pm Fabian for a slot for the date.

Quick..! almost full.:cool:

Yeah, attended the Advanced Driver Training in May 2007. Can don't use own car kah ? Heart pain to use own car lar....

Bimmer910;223957 said:
hey guys,

Thanks

As Danc indicated, its used only in emergencies. The idea is to have the plastic key in your wallet at all times. In the event you lose your keys or get locked out of your car, you open the door with the plastic key, reach into the glovebox for the spare fob, insert said plastic key and be on your merry little way.

Since you brought the subject up, I would like to reiterate the best way to secure your car prior to handing over to a car jockey.

Step 1: Lock the boot via boot lock button in glove box
Step 2: Lock the glove box with the metal insert key (in your fob)
Step 3: Slide metal key out (especially if attached to house/office keys)
Step 4: Hand empty key fob to car jockey, you keep the metal insert.

This way the car jockey will not have access to your valuables in the boot.

But really, you shouldn't be valeting the car in the first place, I'd take your beater car if you need to :rolleyes:

Funny thing, for MY07 onwards, BMW saw fit to remove this convenience feature from the E90 series cars they sell in the US. Its available at extra cost...penny pinching at its most ridiculous.

KL2DC;224086 said:
As Danc indicated, its used only in emergencies. The idea is to have the plastic key in your wallet at all times. In the event you lose your keys or get locked out of your car, you open the door with the plastic key, reach into the glovebox for the spare fob, insert said plastic key and be on your merry little way.

KL2DC, Ive only got 2 sets of keys. they both come with the sheath that has all the fancy buttons to unlock doors and such. Are you saying i should take the key out, and just use the sheath? i know the car starts w/o the key inserted.

Which would mean what ? The key should be kept in my wallet and only be used if ive lost said sheath? (obviously you cant lock yourself out w/o removing the sheath from the ignition) And for good measure, i should keep the spare sheath in the glove ?

Thats also what my brother (bimmer fanatic) suggested. Evidently, its a fool proof way of safeguarding oneself against "stupidity". :)

Bimmer910,

You shld have 3 keys. 2 as what you have mentioned and another one which is a slim plastic key. I also noticed that the newer CKD E90 don't have the spare key in the glovebox. Anyone can confirm this? I was usng a courtesy car last weekend and it didn't have. (apologies if I jumped the gun, since you were asking KL2DC)

baileythebmw;224622 said:
Hey guys,
anyone know the price and date of arrival of the M3 to msia?

There was an ad by Sapura Auto recently in the papers on a trip to Germany for some driving experience with the new M3 later this year (Oct?) Cant remember. However, eeric has already promised me a taxi ride when he gets his white E92 M3 .... around Sepang!! Est price around RM600 - 700k

I can't wait :p

BTW have any of you figured how to use the wipers in intermittent mode? There is the auto rain sensor button for full auto, but manual is just fast and faster. There is a speed dial for Intermittent mode on the stick, but I can't get intermittent mode going. Been wanting to dig up the manual one of these days to find out how to use this speed dial!

E46fanatic,

Looks like there isn't an intermittent mode for for those who are equipped rain sensors. The knurled knob sets the sensitivity level of the rain sensor. :)

aschmitter;224715 said:
E46fanatic,

Looks like there isn't an intermittent mode for for those who are equipped rain sensors. The knurled knob sets the sensitivity level of the rain sensor. :)

+1 ... I concur

danc;224667 said:
Bimmer910,

You shld have 3 keys. 2 as what you have mentioned and another one which is a slim plastic key. I also noticed that the newer CKD E90 don't have the spare key in the glovebox. Anyone can confirm this? I was usng a courtesy car last weekend and it didn't have. (apologies if I jumped the gun, since you were asking KL2DC)

As Danc have laid out...the thin plastic key is for emergencies.

For car jockey situations, it is as I listed out, if you're as anal as I am about your E90, that is :p

baileythebmw;224622 said:
Hey guys,
anyone know the price and date of arrival of the M3 to msia?

You guys might actually get it in sooner than us...through grey imports. I am sure the price will be something horrific (marked-up) :eek: There are loooooooong waiting lists in the US. Early cars are sure to be sold at ridiculous mark-up/scalping.

Top Bottom