Alignment workshops - Pls recommend

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I do all mine at Craft Motorsports Garage in Sunway. Very experienced guy and he does a lot of setup for track cars. Don't ever go there the week before any track event in Sepang or you'll be waiting forever.

champion;511218 said:
Compiling for the benefit of all

Suggested workshop for Wheel alignment, balancing, etc
1) Phang at PJ Paramount
2) Sunshine near Sri Manja area
3) Kee Hin at OKR.
4) Siam from GS auto accessories at jalan 222
5) MPS Auto S/B, 1 & 3, Jalan PJS 7/17, Bandar Sunway. Tel: (03) 5634-0939 Ask for owner Manji Lai
6) Subang section 15... Vcare Tyre centre, corner shop opposite a mamak restaurant
7) Tyrezone Taman Megah P.Jaya
8) Stamford Tyre in Glenmarie
9) Goh Swee Hin Pirelli in Glenmarie
10) Sifu Ah Wah of Consistent Distinction at Taman Sri Manja off NPE.

Sorry, where is GS auto accessories? Jalan 222 in where?

I did mine at the Old Klang Road..forgot the shop name...should be like kee hin or....

bmw7833;669942 said:
Sorry, where is GS auto accessories? Jalan 222 in where?

very easy..once you enter into jln 222(or now jln narayanan..) go straight,after bhp, then a used car dealer, and GS is somewhere after there (which is on the left side)..beware of the sharp left bend..just stick on the left lane.. opposite road you can see petronas petrol stn..

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work.

Hi guys,

Please don't ever go to this shop for balancing or alignment.

Here is the shop details : CHIN SONG TYRES (Michelin Big Signage)
No 4, Ground floor, Jaland Kenari 10
Bandar Puchong Jaya.
Selangor.

Just for info only. Went there for alignment and their service sucks.

Here is what I get after I did me alignment at this shop.
- Steering not in straight position.
- Car keep going to left.
- Handling not so good.

Called the lady boss and told her about my issue. She says all BM, Audi and Mercedes are like that, the car will keep going to left. Really pissed me off. Arrrgggghhh!!!!!

Here is what paid for the lousy service :-

Alignment RM 50
Adjust Toe F/right and F/left RM 60
Adjust camber R/right and R/let RM 60
Total = RM 170

Going to try out MPS Auto on my 20s tomorrow after so many good feedbacks here. Until today have not found a 'perfect' alignment shop. Balancing yes, most shops can do balancing till there's no vibration. But alignment wise, the nearest to perfect is GS Auto in Jln 222/229 but still a 'little' pulling to the left which I'm still not satisfied. Most shops will say its the nature of the German marque, which I cannot accept. Will report back here once I've done it and hopefully I can attest to what other forummers has been vouching for MPS :)

pratt;704491 said:
Going to try out MPS Auto on my 20s tomorrow after so many good feedbacks here. Until today have not found a 'perfect' alignment shop. Balancing yes, most shops can do balancing till there's no vibration. But alignment wise, the nearest to perfect is GS Auto in Jln 222/229 but still a 'little' pulling to the left which I'm still not satisfied. Most shops will say its the nature of the German marque, which I cannot accept. Will report back here once I've done it and hopefully I can attest to what other forummers has been vouching for MPS :)

Go there and find manji, the boss. I was there today.

Unfortunately I'm unable to join the group that vouch for MPS Auto. After the alignment, the car still pulls slightly to the left. Maybe its true, its the characteristic of the german marque. But its hard for me to accept that a car thats over half a million bucks does that. I even changed to brand new tyres just in case it was my RFTs thats 2years old thats causing the problem. Weird. Coz car is 100% accident free, never hit any large potholes before.
But I do give credit to MPS as their facilities are really well equipped and the work place is clean. And yes Manji himself overlooks the alignment process plus he personally test drives the car after his workers are done with the alignment. Clean customer waiting room with lots of mineral water. Well, the search for the ultimate alignment shop continues.

Did u inform him of this? They can still make minor adjustments to each driver.
Yesterday a young chap came with his own settings and a tape measure in a ferarri 355. Then, another guy came in a porsche w trade plates. Car i believe was prepped for track. Not forgetting the nissan gtr doing the alignment at the same time.
So far ok for me. You can also try consistent distinction at old klang road.

Same here.
Did it last week at MPS. Alignment/camber/toe all out of spec on my car, see it on the computer before they started doing it.
After finish alignment all green on the computer. However , now I feel a slight pull to left. Before did the alignment no such pull even tho all alignment out.
Oh ya I had to go back there yesterday coz front left tyre making ting ting ting sound.
The inside nut holding the air valve not tightened properly came out and was bouncing inside the tyre.
Having said all above I still feel MPS is one of the better shops around.

I didn't have time to turn back to tell him as I've got an appointment immediately after. Ya maybe I should go back to the shop and let him have another go. it's not fair to him to sentence him before further diagnosis/adjustments.
Yes i've been to the one in old klang road, ah wah. That was when I had the 19s and bought a new set of michelins from him and his workers did the alignment and balancing plus camber adjusting. He personally test drove the car and says the alignment was perfect. But when I drove home, it still pulls to the left :(
Ya I think I'm gonna give MPS Auto another shot. Fingers crossed.

tropos_net;709044 said:
any directions to MPS would be good.
somewhere in sunway?

MPS Auto @ PJS 7 Bandar Sunway..........the best in the country! Don't go anywhere else. The boss name is Manji Lai-half singh, half chinese!- truly Satu Malaysia! total cost around MR175 for front and back.

bimmerholic;709170 said:
So Doc, how's ure encounter with MPS? :D

not needed to hv any alignment work done yet but very good reviews on the forum and from friends who hv been there, bro....

Due to integral active steering,SC strongly urged me to do my alignment & balancing at lim tayar Taman Tun or Ampang,I did at Taman Tun cost me RM 118,now driving sport + much more enjoyable.feel like I am in total control rather than the car assisting me all the time when in other mode..

I would recommend Kee Hin near Old Klang Road .. :top:
Patience and show "own the problem" attitude where i appreciate the most. And off course they managed to help me to correct the alignment and balancing issue ..

Spent RM140 for:
- Swapping Front and Back tyres
- Off wheel balancing service for all 4 tyres
- Computer Alignment + chamber adjustment

Top Bottom