workshop recommendation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi Rachel,

What are the costs that you did on your E90 for alignment and balancing at MPS Auto?

astroboy;549476 said:
I am afraid the answer is "yes". After alignment job is done, need to calibrate the active steering with the diagnostic equipment.

Did my alignment last week, the answer is No.

Alignment wont interfere with active steering. :top:

That's what I heard too.. but not my problem because mine is BLM (base line model).. :p

Paid a visit to MPS two days ago.

I have noticed uneven tyre wear on my bridgestone.

Strangely, its wearing on both inner and out sides of the tyre. Centre part is not wearing similarly.

Few weeks ago got a tyre pressure warning, and surprised to check the punctured tyre has no pressure at all, unlike previous case of only 25% down. When we took the tyre out I was shocked to see the inner part ribbed off about 4 inches. Cant figure out what caused that. Also noticed inner wear was about 20% and outer 30%.

Didn't gave much thought so changed the rear to Pirellis PZero.

So at MPS Manji pointed the front is wearing 30% on the inner and outside and 50% in the centre.
He told me to put up more pressure but i told him that I kept the pressure checked regularly according to the recommended pressure 270kPa back and 240kPA front. (18' MSport btw)

Theoretically, Manji is right. Tyre under low pressure can wear on the outside as the centre surface buckles inwards, where the walls taking the weight.
But i'm suspecting the stiffness of the bridgestone walls has something to do with it.
Then I also considered maybe those tyre pump at the station may not alway give accurate pressure.
Initially, most of the time I've countercheck with my pressure gauge. I remembered once the pump was 10kPa off. And lately I seldom counter checked and maybe the pump has not been re-calibrate.

Anyway, Drove to Kuala Terengganu very early yesterday morning for a meeting and it was raining on the Karak hiway. Had some scary moment with standing water and a small truck veering into my lane.
The front pair is not doing very well, and I need to replace this very soon, especially before raya balik kampung trip.

On the way back it was dry. Cornering and turning in was a lot better. Manji did a very good job.
So good, I back just in time to buy my own food and break fast at home ( Coz my wife wasn't expecting me back so soon)

My Bridgestones wear out more on the outside than the centre too, and my pressures are even higher than yours (250/280kPa on 18" staggered) I think the RE thread is just designed that way.

Curious...what do you mean "ribbed off about 4 inches"?

You managed to get PZero RFTs? Everytime I ask, they're out of stock. Would love to change to Pirellis, now that they're back in F1 again! :p How much was the rear if I might ask?

inner wear is common due to default -ve camber set-up.
outside wear could be due to various reasons, constant hard cornering is 1 of them.
in my case, my tire wear is pretty similar to yours and i'm diligent in getting my alignement/camber/toe setting rite.
i assume u r on RFT's so the tires pressure is abt right, cant go much higher.
if u r on regular tires then the pressure is way too high for street driving so yr concern on unsufficient pressure is un-founded.

personal experience especially on 18's, wen its abt 30% left its time for a tire change.
on the dry its all good but aquaplane is more apparent especially in the wet and in dry, more tramlining due to width.
on average i use 18's for abt 20k before i change a set, my buddy on a4 quattro has his changed every 13-15k.

Schwepps;554550 said:
My Bridgestones wear out more on the outside than the centre too, and my pressures are even higher than yours (250/280kPa on 18" staggered) I think the RE thread is just designed that way.

Curious...what do you mean "ribbed off about 4 inches"?

You managed to get PZero RFTs? Everytime I ask, they're out of stock. Would love to change to Pirellis, now that they're back in F1 again! :p How much was the rear if I might ask?

Its a 4 inch cut! Not sure how that happened. Must be some impact damaged to the tire.

Got the PZeros from Hup Shun in Sunway. They just arrived at that time. he gave me RM1800 /pc. Good deal u think?

Hmmm. Michelin PS2 RFTs would be a bit less at RM1,500 each for the rears, latest quote.

Top Bottom