Alignment workshops - Pls recommend

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Vroom325;511056 said:
Nazrie, I think you are talking about the Pirelli oppostie of Honda, Mazda & same area with Audi in Glenmarie, right? AB Glenmarie is just near by.

Alligment RM60? Are they really that good?

I am using MPS Auto, they are good, fast, accurate, staff are well trained & very organized, but pricy a bit. Everytime go in allignment & rotation, then on wheel balancing, with tax, come out withRM200 less in the pocket. But they really know the stuff, I immediately feel the difference.

If the Pirelli in Glenmarie is also equally good and rate is so much cheaper, I will try next time.

Vroom325

Do you mind sharing the breakdown of this RM200? Or is this a standard package price including chamber alignment? My E90 due for alignment and am getting all feedbacks from everyone for best pricing.. thanks in advance.

hayashikm@aol.com;511136 said:
Vroom325

Do you mind sharing the breakdown of this RM200? Or is this a standard package price including chamber alignment? My E90 due for alignment and am getting all feedbacks from everyone for best pricing.. thanks in advance.

Hi Hayashikm, see below. I do tyre rotation, balancing & allighment every 10k km.
You will know why after worth paying that when you come out of MPS.
Steady & straight!

Allignment for front + rear, camber inclusive = RM135
Tyre balancing 4pcs = RM36
On wheel balancing 2pcs = RM20
RM191 in total, plus 5% government tax = RM200.55

There's once that I have no time but to check a tyre shop near my place,( I wanted to do that before heading back my home town for long holiday on Sunday) I was told me that my front need to do camber, I immediately walk out. Delay my journey to Monday. First thing on Monday morning, I drove to MPS Auto & have it done then drive home happily.

i used to go MP Auto until someone recommended Kin Alignment in Sunway - somehow their work gives my car better steering feel and straight line stability!

MP auto is good if Manji himself oversees it...he has done it on my rolla before, the feeling is like what Ah Kin does now. nowadays alignment done by Manji's bro, which i find, not quite as good as Manji la...he is the real sifu there...:)

Compiling for the benefit of all

Suggested workshop for Wheel alignment, balancing, etc
1) Phang at PJ Paramount
2) Sunshine near Sri Manja area
3) Kee Hin at OKR.
4) Siam from GS auto accessories at jalan 222
5) MPS Auto S/B, 1 & 3, Jalan PJS 7/17, Bandar Sunway. Tel: (03) 5634-0939 Ask for owner Manji Lai
6) Subang section 15... Vcare Tyre centre, corner shop opposite a mamak restaurant
7) Tyrezone Taman Megah P.Jaya
8) Stamford Tyre in Glenmarie
9) Goh Swee Hin Pirelli in Glenmarie
10) Sifu Ah Wah of Consistent Distinction at Taman Sri Manja off NPE.

I go to Speedline @ Dataran Sunway in Kota Damansara. They are cheap and good. Most of the cars that go there are highend cars. Seldom see Japanese or local cars. Moreover they take thier time do and makesure it is done perfectly. One thing about them is that they are not biase, whether you drive a Ferrari or a Brabus. Its first come first serve.

Alignment for 4 wheels = RM25
Camber for both rear wheels = RM50
Balancing for 4 wheels = RM25

For staggered setup and need to rotate/remove tyre from wheels = RM5 each

Cheers

Ah Hee Taman Putra which recommended by Albert Fang.

Front & rear alignment + rear camber: RM60 for 18" wheel.

Go to the Dunlop tyre shop along Jln Loke Yew & look for Ah Soon, the same row as all the bridal shops. He specializes in all types of post-accident cars, those which cannot really be fixed easily, if you've tried multiple shops & also manual alignment, time to go to this fella. Comes highly recommended by this big fat ugly ar$ehole who is also known to others as Ah Wai:D

Seriously, what differentiates a good from a bad alignment job? AFAIK, all the alignment shops are using computerised alignment machines that u can take the reading on your camber, toe-in, caster and the overall readings.

High toe-in gives u faster steering correction and stability but lose pick up and top speed plus wear tyre fast. There is a set of recommended settings so called the green zones programmed into every alignment machines, specific to each vehicle type and what the alignment sifu does is only get the readings of all 4 wheels into the green zones.

The rear camber degree for E90 is negative 1.10 to negative 1.30. I specify negative 1.10 to optimise even tyre wear because I suffered rear tyre inner wear with my driving style.

Every time I do alignment job, I record the readings and feel the car after that. If I like the settings, I can get any tom, dick and harry shop to replicate the exact setting for me.. provided that they have the tools to adjust E90 rear camber because it requires a longer wrench.

Remember, there's no 1 settings suitable for all drivers or all cars. Discover your uniquely own G spot! :D

bmw7833;511234 said:
Ah Hee Taman Putra which recommended by Albert Fang.

Front & rear alignment + rear camber: RM60 for 18" wheel.

is it the same Ah Hee who was in Jln Sg. Besi years ago ? if it is, then he is agood one.

clitmenta, very true... that shop's good but so small.... might miss it if you are focusing on the bridal shops or karaoke joint :D

AAM;511311 said:
is it the same Ah Hee who was in Jln Sg. Besi years ago ? if it is, then he is agood one.

I am not sure but i met hm in Taman Putra.

Dis is a useful thread, looks like I can get my allingment done at half of wat I am paying now, and all with our members recommendation. The Pirelli Glenmarie is more convenient to me, may be I will try it out.

I decided to go MPS yesterday. Clean place, friendly ppl. More important very patient with the car. Had my car diagnosed about 5 times and test drive by Seong (Manji brother) for around 5 times too. Had my rotation done, alignment, off wheel and on wheel balancing, all for RM200 with few buck to spare. The price are a bit on the high side, but i like their service, the workers really take care of the wheels and tyres to avoid scratches, etc.

Most importantly my alignment issues are all solved !!

Highly recommended.

Thanks for all who shared the information on this forum.

champion;511854 said:
the workers really take care of the wheels and tyres to avoid scratches

No every tyre shop able to do this..sign..my new refurbished rims now scratches here and there due to the tyre shop worker when they mount the tyres and rims on my car..:(

Vroom325;511727 said:
Dis is a useful thread, looks like I can get my allingment done at half of wat I am paying now, and all with our members recommendation. The Pirelli Glenmarie is more convenient to me, may be I will try it out.

hi Vroom325
give us the feedback once you are done doing alignment at Pirelli Glenmarie ya:rock:...i was told AB sent the bimmers there for alignment

champion;511854 said:
I decided to go MPS yesterday. Clean place, friendly ppl. More important very patient with the car. Had my car diagnosed about 5 times and test drive by Seong (Manji brother) for around 5 times too. Had my rotation done, alignment, off wheel and on wheel balancing, all for RM200 with few buck to spare. The price are a bit on the high side, but i like their service, the workers really take care of the wheels and tyres to avoid scratches, etc.

Most importantly my alignment issues are all solved !!

Highly recommended.

Thanks for all who shared the information on this forum.

What was the issue with your alignment bro? Tarik one side ah?

bimmerholic;511896 said:
What was the issue with your alignment bro? Tarik one side ah?

Ya, tarik ke kiri, and minor mis-alignment on the steering wheel.

Champ! Did you write down the settings? front/rear toe-in? camber degree?

Vroom325;511727 said:

Please give feedback once you do your alignment at Pirelli Glenmarie. I'm regular at MPS too, nothing to complain.

Top Bottom