About BMW Diesel

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dat27

Club Guest
last time i went to penang,cruising through kulim to butterworth highway using my 525i e39.then suddenly come cucuk me an e60,and then he took over me,Wow,his torque so damn high,its 530d.just want to know,what is the advantages and the disadvantages of this diesel engine?Cheers

Better fuel consumption.
Torque available at very low revs: you don't need to rev the engine to get moving faster.
More reliable.
More subsidy from Najib in your fuel tank.

Car sound like lorry at idle.
No high reving driving fun, if you enjoy that.
Handling behavior slightly different because engine is heavier.

I will keep my 530d until it becomes scrap metal. Have been using last 6 years.. one of the diesel seniors

r37720;775583 said:
I will keep my 530d until it becomes scrap metal. Have been using last 6 years.. one of the diesel seniors

Thats very encouraging news bro:top: Normal wear & tear servicing I presume?

Bro dat27, my full tank gets me around 600km with 100% city driving compared to 400km of my friends 320i, average speed 35km/h

p/s: roundabout trip from home to workplace is only 15km, and in penang i get a good run only when going bayan lepas area on weekends...:(

My full tank is about rm115.. And it will give me at least 800 to 850 km on city drive.. Mine is 520 d

handling should not be effected we talking about 100kg +/- and in F10 / E90 / F30 case even lesser since all also 4 potter. else BMW will have to put DRIVER MAX WEIGHT < 80KG in the dool sil

Yes, still 50-50 weight distribution for diesels. Handling is still best in class.

Don't forget the new petrol turbos' also sound like lorry during idling.

Inside its dead quiet........but the pull of the torquey engine....its mesmerising.....especially when you have chipped it. Nothing Else Matters-Nirvarna!!!

Even if I had a 100 million ringgit in extra cash, I would still drive and keep the 320d everyday for life!

Docray, if u had that kind of extra cash.. would u not be tempted by F30 330d? :4:..

docrayboy;775793 said:
Inside its dead quiet........but the pull of the torquey engine....its mesmerising.....especially when you have chipped it. Nothing Else Matters-Nirvarna!!!

should be "nothing else matters - metallica"

docrayboy;775794 said:
Even if I had a 100 million ringgit in extra cash, I would still drive and keep the 320d everyday for life!

Dear Bro. docrayboy,

100% agree with you. I love my 320d M Sport so much.
Can't live withou it.
^_^

the only thing that u have to do is to clean the oil slug inside the inlet manifold for every 6months, clean up oil breather , remove the flap and always take care the air cleaner .. otherwise you are going to black smoke the car behind you....

r37720;778914 said:
the only thing that u have to do is to clean the oil slug inside the inlet manifold for every 6months, clean up oil breather , remove the flap and always take care the air cleaner .. otherwise you are going to black smoke the car behind you....

Bro. r37720,

How to do it to clean the oil slug,
Is it DIY or we need to request it when we send our car for servicing under the BSRi ?

the 320d is my daily driver and i travel at least 120kms per day. i very much appreciate a diesel BMW's fuel consumption; everything else is secondary to me..

Batu-20121011-00447.jpg

FC i can only dream of! maybe its my weight that contribute to the heavier right foot? damn.

Chee Huat;778926 said:
Bro. r37720,

How to do it to clean the oil slug,
Is it DIY or we need to request it when we send our car for servicing under the BSRi ?

It is DIY.... just a simple job

Top Bottom