3series e36 Glove compartment

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
T

three28

I have noticed a lot of 36 has this "Sickness" .. of broken glove compartment cover... or sagging ones ..I was thinking if we could brainstorm together to repair this problem ... Gluing makes it ungly .. hmmmcan it be repolaced .. with other material ..I am gonna expoeriment on mine with my Interior Guy...Anyone wanna join ???cheers :D

Originally posted by three28@Dec 14 2004, 01:18 AM I have noticed a lot of 36 has this "Sickness" .. of broken glove compartment cover... or sagging ones ..I was thinking if we could brainstorm together to repair this problem ... Gluing makes it ungly .. hmmmcan it be repolaced .. with other material ..I am gonna expoeriment on mine with my Interior Guy...Anyone wanna join ???cheers :D
Need any feedback. Mine also dropped down but put it back with black screw. Somebody says use chrome screw will look nice. nesh oso got the same problem. he use rubber glue. would be interesting what new design you can come up with..

Same here, mine is breaking into two now. Some stoopid workshop (that powerful workshop) 'glued' it for me and it was a disaster. It look so ugly now that the glue is actually sticking out. damn. Was wondering if its hard to find a halfcut one outside?

Thats what i'm talkin about ..Ayam gonna remove mine today and see if i can get it solved .. may take a couple of days ...cheers .. :D

Hehheheh... also trying to get it done with fibreglass...then color code it and leather wrap..dunno what the cost will be ...will keep u guys posted ..cheers :D

Hmmm, my glove box is being held together by double-sided tapes... sheeshhh. A thing for my to-do list.... and which is getting longer. :(

Originally posted by Breakpopin@Dec 14 2004, 02:05 AM yeah man..i like that fibreglass idea.. hahaha.. keep us updated
No need leather. How abour carbob fiber look? It will look cool.. B)

Originally posted by Jax@Dec 15 2004, 05:30 AM Any update for it?? Three28? what take you so long?!?!
Patient Jax, Rome was not built in a day and neither is the udm.. :rolleyes:

Guys this will take time ecspecially the fibre part... will keep u guys posted \cheers :D

Originally posted by three28@Dec 15 2004, 09:58 PM Guys this will take time ecspecially the fibre part... will keep u guys posted \cheers :D
can make arm rest also. I think a lot of 318 do not have this as standard.

Well i'll try to but it may be costly ...Will check with him ... if can then we need at least like 10 buyers then go lar..Lemme check if it can be done first ..Back to Glove Bos: He has taken the measurements and waitnig for him to find out best and most cost effective solution cheers :D

Let's see, my wish list... to redo my glove box cover and to get an arm rest, if the price is right. :D

Top Bottom