10 million ‘saman ekor’ issued to traffic offenders

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ALBundy;549659 said:
Seriously, don't you think the crooks can easily clone a number plate when they can clone a credit card?

Very true!!

Don Franco;549575 said:
As for the number plates.. somebody gona make lots of money...

Unfortunately, in Malaysia, this is likely to be very true also!

mizhan;549583 said:
i just hope they're designed by somebody with taste :cool:

With our luck, probably not!

I don't have an issue with number plates being made/issued by a single party. USA has the same system, where the number plates are made by convicts in prison, on behalf of the DMV. When you order custom plates (like I did for my Passat), once the custom plates are ready, they are mailed to you, and you install them on your car yourself. If we implement a single source system in Malaysia, we would at least have (in theory) a uniform lettering/font design. No more hard to read plates (in theory!). But if we do this system here, we would probably see some crony company be given the contract and someone get rich off this...

Sigh...

On a side note, apparently in the US, your car registration will still have your original registration number along with your new custom number, so you could interchange your custom plates with your original plates, at any time.

Kns! Saman tetap saman, bawa laju tetap bawa laju, whether ekor or kepala, should be treated equally. Those who receive and acknowledge should be given more discount because they didn't or refuse to bribe the official in the first place, now pulak kena bayar full rate.. UNFAIR!! :bawling:

Its encouraging us to next time just kao tim and habis cerita!

Jerman;541979 said:
Jaleeks,
At least you have renewed the road tax. Many like me need to run to settle the summons first and then back to renew the road tax! Time, efforts & $$$ wasted!

I was told the PDRM/JPJ recently refreshed & replicated their systems to churn out past records!

radar cannot work la.. I think need laser detector.. my radar detector in the store room some where ever since they start to use laser.. :(

I heard there's a Palm PC app can do the job. :D

Laser detectors only work if the car in front of you is "hit" by the beam directly. And in this case, the car can't be too far away. If there is no car in front of you, then by the time the detector gives you a warning, it's already too late because the warning means you've been "hit" already.

Tuesday August 10, 2010
Muhyiddin: We’ll consider unhappiness over saman ekor
By SIMON KHOO
simonkhoo@thestar.com.my

KUANTAN: The Government will consider public feedback on saman ekor before making a decision on the matter soon, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said.

The Deputy Prime Minister said the Government was aware that many quarters were not happy with the move which had inconvenienced them.

”I have instructed the Chief Secretary to the Government to chair a meeting and to study the implications of its implementation.

“We will look at ways to tackle the issue effectively,” he said after launching the Pahang biodiversity-biotechnology strategic action plan here yesterday.

Interesting exhibit: Muhyiddin checking out a Rumah Kedah model while visiting an exhibition at SMK Bandar 32 Monday. Accompanying the Deputy Prime Minister are Domestic Trade, Co-operative and Consumerism Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob (right) and his deputy Datuk Tan Lian Hoe (centre).
Muhyiddin was asked to comment on complaints by the public over the issue which had caused many motorists to be blacklisted.

He said some motorists received multiple saman ekor involving a huge amount of money and some of them could not renew their road taxes

Traveler;550613 said:
Laser detectors only work if the car in front of you is "hit" by the beam directly. And in this case, the car can't be too far away. If there is no car in front of you, then by the time the detector gives you a warning, it's already too late because the warning means you've been "hit" already.

I thought there's one in the market which can scan 360 degrees. Not only that is has VG-2VG-3 undetectable. The good ones have VG-2/VG-3 undetectable plus radar jammer.

enkil;550770 said:
Tuesday August 10, 2010
Muhyiddin: We’ll consider unhappiness over saman ekor
By SIMON KHOO
simonkhoo@thestar.com.my

KUANTAN: The Government will consider public feedback on saman ekor before making a decision on the matter soon, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said.

The Deputy Prime Minister said the Government was aware that many quarters were not happy with the move which had inconvenienced them.

”I have instructed the Chief Secretary to the Government to chair a meeting and to study the implications of its implementation.

“We will look at ways to tackle the issue effectively,” he said after launching the Pahang biodiversity-biotechnology strategic action plan here yesterday.

Interesting exhibit: Muhyiddin checking out a Rumah Kedah model while visiting an exhibition at SMK Bandar 32 Monday. Accompanying the Deputy Prime Minister are Domestic Trade, Co-operative and Consumerism Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob (right) and his deputy Datuk Tan Lian Hoe (centre).
Muhyiddin was asked to comment on complaints by the public over the issue which had caused many motorists to be blacklisted.

He said some motorists received multiple saman ekor involving a huge amount of money and some of them could not renew their road taxes

Hopefully the Govt. doesn't implement the Swiss computation methodology for speeding summons...

Like i kena recently in Bern, The summon reads:

Zone Speed: 50 KMH
Your Speed: 59 KMH
Less 10% Tolerance: 5 KMH (10% of 50KMH)
Exceed Speed: 4 KMH

Total: CHF40.00 - (10 Swiss Francs for each exceeded KMH)

Imagine if implemented in Malaysia

Zone Speed: 90 KMH (Ayer Keroh - Alor Gajah Stretch)
Your Speed: 180 KMH
Less 10% Tolerance: 9 KMH (10% of 90KMH)
Exceed Speed: 81 KMH

Total: RM 810.00.. (Per Saman..) :eek:

If kena 10 times, sure downgrade to Kancil one! :top:

HaqimRashid;553296 said:
Hopefully the Govt. doesn't implement the Swiss computation methodology for speeding summons...

Like i kena recently in Bern, The summon reads:

Zone Speed: 50 KMH
Your Speed: 59 KMH
Less 10% Tolerance: 5 KMH (10% of 50KMH)
Exceed Speed: 4 KMH

Total: CHF40.00 - (10 Swiss Francs for each exceeded KMH)

Imagine if implemented in Malaysia

Zone Speed: 90 KMH (Ayer Keroh - Alor Gajah Stretch)
Your Speed: 180 KMH
Less 10% Tolerance: 9 KMH (10% of 90KMH)
Exceed Speed: 81 KMH

Total: RM 810.00.. (Per Saman..) :eek:

If kena 10 times, sure downgrade to Kancil one! :top:

It's a very very good system actually but it will only work if it's enforced properly else it'll be another avenue for corrupt officials to pocket extra money.

loafer;553301 said:
It's a very very good system actually but it will only work if it's enforced properly else it'll be another avenue for corrupt officials to pocket extra money.

You're rite Bro.. Enforcement has always been ?? in bolehland..

Would be great to see such a system in place and properly enforced although I can't say I like it very much :p

loafer;553311 said:
Would be great to see such a system in place and properly enforced although I can't say I like it very much :p

For sure u wont like it bro ... u always travel double the allowed speed limit, hahahaaaa.

Top Bottom