10 million ‘saman ekor’ issued to traffic offenders

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ramsing;542243 said:
hmmm....i got no summonses. i guess above 280kmh they cant detect....:wink:

wait wait.. i go find 5 more throttle bodies first :p

initialM;542247 said:
KNN u r the brotherfxxker of all speed demon. I'll inform PDRM to watch your back closely (I'll supply ghee for them) so I can waive 5 saman.:thefinger:

Next election I'll pay back the summons:thefinger::thefinger:

hahaha....cbj is koboi town la. no one here....u can ride lembu on road also ok....heheh

mizhan;542330 said:
wait wait.. i go find 5 more throttle bodies first :p

boss....u're monster 1 TB already enough. if got 5 more, i think u're chasis pecah dua....:listen::wink:

Not in the country pun kena saman, supposedly one in 2008 and one in 2009! Best part, road tax boleh renew in 2008, 2009 & 2010. Now just checked the link provided by Jerman (thanks, bro!), suddenly got 2. How lah like this?
Bloody daylight robbery, man!!! Malaysia certainly BOLEH.

Saman for not being there

Way back received a summon for my wife's car in Teluk Intan, Hilir Perak. The best part is the car identified in the summon is a 4 wheel drive while my wife's car is a Hyundai Getz. She has never been to that part of the state and I sent in a request for the photograph together with a RM10.00 money order.

Until todate, there is no sign of any reply but the summon still stick out like a sore thumb.....:eek:. What can be done???????:listen:

I think depending on the location, you'll need to go to that district's pdrm station and get the photo at the same time, show them the registration belongs to ur wife's car, not a 4x4....most probably the 4x4 was using fake plates....oh!

...anybody out there knows how long before one cannot be summoned anymore, if not mistaken I read somewhere before, that after a certain period of time if the law does not catch up with you they cant summoned you anymore....the summons become null & void....anybody?

....oh! for those curious to know, I only got 1 and that also for 'No Farking'...:rolleyes:

Yes will do that and it will be interesting to see whose photo they manage to produce as I wasn't even in the country! Maybe they will just show me anyone's picture and claim that I used to look like that 2 years ago. If they suddenly come up with a picture of a lady, they may even say , " Dulu lu pompuan, sekarang sudah sex change!!! :eek:
jaleeks23;542458 said:
I think depending on the location, you'll need to go to that district's pdrm station and get the photo at the same time, show them the registration belongs to ur wife's car, not a 4x4....most probably the 4x4 was using fake plates....oh!

XXX;542471 said:
...anybody out there knows how long before one cannot be summoned anymore, if not mistaken I read somewhere before, that after a certain period of time if the law does not catch up with you they cant summoned you anymore....the summons become null & void....anybody?

....oh! for those curious to know, I only got 1 and that also for 'No Farking'...:rolleyes:

Actually i think it only applicable to civil matter for example debt recovery only can be done within 6 years . If after 6years and the bank have done nothing to recover the debt than they are estoped.

But for offences of road transport because it come under the division of criminal nature ... they can go after you forever.

My friend once have been charged for negligence driving causing death foa accident that happen 10 years ago ..

enkil;542633 said:
Got 8 summons... 2 blacklist. Darn!

This is another speed demon. Can do 160kmh in 5 seconds:cool:
hahahaa happy paying if not cant renew rdtax. wa suda kena huhu

in cyberjaya got speed traps la. I got one, doing 110 in an 80.. freeking RM300 for that. Paid it because received notice. Another 4 to pay... 3 from 2 years before and 1 this year going down to JB :D

affan66;542666 said:
in cyberjaya got speed traps la. I got one, doing 110 in an 80.. freeking RM300 for that. Paid it because received notice. Another 4 to pay... 3 from 2 years before and 1 this year going down to JB :D

I assume the 1 this year was for that "Boat Trip" ??

I am forced to pay now because there's another car registered to my name, needs to renew roadtax but cannot because there is saman on my IC. sigh..........

Police recommend affordable fines for ‘saman ekor’ offences

August 05, 2010

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 5 – Taking heed of the numerous complaints about the “saman ekor” (postal summonses), the police have recommended that the government set a rate for these compound fines which traffic offenders can afford to pay.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan said he had put in a recommendation “to the highest level” for the summonses to be issued henceforth to carry fines which the traffic offenders could afford to pay.

“The possibility of reducing the fines depends on the traffic offence. The matter is still at the study stage and a decision will be made soon,” he told reporters after the closing of the police al-quran recital in Bukit Aman, here.

The rate would be worked out by the police and the Road Transport Department (JPJ), he said, adding that another suggestion was to extend the period of payment of the fine.

Musa also said that the issuing of the vehicle registration number should also be given to one party.

“If the JPJ is given such authority, then only the JPJ can issue the numbers, and not any motor outlet. Otherwise, many false number plates will be issued,” he said. – Bernama

Hopefully... it cover the past 'samans' as well...

As for the number plates.. somebody gona make lots of money...

Don Franco;549574 said:
August 05, 2010

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 5 – Taking heed of the numerous complaints about the “saman ekor” (postal summonses), the police have recommended that the government set a rate for these compound fines which traffic offenders can afford to pay.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan said he had put in a recommendation “to the highest level” for the summonses to be issued henceforth to carry fines which the traffic offenders could afford to pay.

“The possibility of reducing the fines depends on the traffic offence. The matter is still at the study stage and a decision will be made soon,” he told reporters after the closing of the police al-quran recital in Bukit Aman, here.

The rate would be worked out by the police and the Road Transport Department (JPJ), he said, adding that another suggestion was to extend the period of payment of the fine.

Musa also said that the issuing of the vehicle registration number should also be given to one party.

“If the JPJ is given such authority, then only the JPJ can issue the numbers, and not any motor outlet. Otherwise, many false number plates will be issued,” he said. – Bernama

Good news..:top:

by the way, I never received any saman, nothing was sent to me at all. However, when they updated their system, suddenly I received letter from PDRM say I got saman to pay. I'll go to pdrm tmrw and try rayu....

Don Franco;549574 said:

Seriously, don't you think the crooks can easily clone a number plate when they can clone a credit card?

Top Bottom