Will there be a 316i?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
echoesian;815257 said:
Singapore has launched the 316i, will there be a launch soon in MY?

wtf....316i inside hv M-sport steering >< y it's much better than 320i ?

seenotype;815293 said:
i don't think so...cosz other county is selling 316i as well...>.< and 316i spec seems likes better than 320i as i viewed at youtube, the different is just between their engines only wth!!

Malaysia never had a 316i but Singapore had been having 316i in E30 guise to E46 but not sure about E90...
If BMW Malaysia can get the pricing strategy is right, then they will bring in the 316i... As for the spec, expect to be base model specification... U can most probably forget about M-sport steering.

fabianyee;815350 said:
Malaysia never had a 316i but Singapore had been having 316i in E30 guise to E46 but not sure about E90...
If BMW Malaysia can get the pricing strategy is right, then they will bring in the 316i... As for the spec, expect to be base model specification... U can most probably forget about M-sport steering.

I have an E36/316i but it is an imported version from UK..

My first BMW was a E36 316i when I was in the UK.

Anyway, like mentioned by fabianyee above, the car will be determined by BMW Malaysia for the local market (if they ever be introduced here) so expect lower level of options, BMW wouldnt want to undermine the sales of the 320i. Each country is different. Not sure about Singapore, but in UK any BMW is sold as a base model, you add what options you want and add to the selling price. Effectively its a custom car.

haywire;815367 said:
My first BMW was a E36 316i when I was in the UK.

Anyway, like mentioned by fabianyee above, the will be determined by BMW Malaysia for the local market (if they ever be introduced here) sp expect lower level of options, BMW wouldnt want to undermine the sales of the 320i. Each country is different. Not sure about Singapore, but in UK any BMW is sold as a base model, you add what options you want and add to the selling price. Effectively its a custom car.

Malaysian car market is 'Take it or leave it'.. the local distributors set the spec, even optional items are 'compulsory', like it or not.....

I dont actually blame BMW Malaysia for this, its the troublesome customs declarations that is driving the practice for CBU cars. Imagine 50 cars with different specs, BMW Malaysia would have to fill 50 different forms to declare each of them. in the current practice, its easier, 50 cars using the same form and same tax amount. For locally assembled, I guess we dont have the expertise to custom install options, they wouldnt be trained enough for it.

Been told by the sa in ingress that ckd 1 series and lower spec 316/318 be launched around yr end.

I saw a new f30 cruising on the road with no 320 or 316 badge. I suspect its 316. My SA told me 316 delivery is end of july, same time with my 320. Everything is the same except for the engine. Now i'm thinking i should switch to 316 if i dont need the power..

Newbeemie;835322 said:
I saw a new f30 cruising on the road with no 320 or 316 badge. I suspect its 316. My SA told me 316 delivery is end of july, same time with my 320. Everything is the same except for the engine. Now i'm thinking i should switch to 316 if i dont need the power..

You do know that half the members here debadge their cars ? :p

For all you know it could be a 328i with Race Chip :p

yes.. u could be right! Actually, maybe 316 drivers will consider to keep the 316 badge so ppl will leave them alone or to avoid any challenges from the 'bigger' brothers...

Top Bottom