..why BMW drivers have so bad reputation...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Some BMW drivers don't drive like gentlemen on the highway, on Tuesday evening while I was driving back from Johor. A E60 M5 wannabe was driving in a very impatient manner. Couldn't wait for cars to move over to the left lane, overtake on left while the slower car was moving left.

Actually speeding fast (>160kph) on 2 lane stretches are sometimes pointless, just go at 120-140kph constant is enuf. No need to brake hard when approaching slower vehicles overtaking other vehicles.

The morons are hogging the fast lane.. we need to drive around them.. hence being labeled moron.. how unfair.. :motz:

astroboy;733271 said:
The morons are hogging the fast lane.. we need to drive around them.. hence being labeled moron.. how unfair.. :motz:

Haha... Have to give them some time allowance to move over safely... Although some are stubborn roadhogs.

fabianyee;733284 said:
Haha... Have to give them some time allowance to move over safely... Although some are stubborn roadhogs.

If they are overtaking as well, despite slow, I'll be patient and follow them. If they are not overtaking, yet driving on fast lane like their father's road, with similar speed as cars in the slow lane, I'll take these morons from the left. Never respect those who "Ikut kanan walaupun tidak memotong" :68:

astroboy;733314 said:
If they are overtaking as well, despite slow, I'll be patient and follow them. If they are not overtaking, yet driving on fast lane like their father's road, with similar speed as cars in the slow lane, I'll take these morons from the left. Never respect those who "Ikut kanan walaupun tidak memotong" :68:
i very seldom overtake from the left side. most of the times i flash high beam plus signal indicator.

most of the times when i saw other conti cars behind me i would let them pass me. then quickly i tailgate the car. let them lead and do the road clearance for me. furthermore i dislike people tailgate me. feels like butterfly in the stomach. ehe.

..what does it mean exactly term 'tailgate someone' ?? Is it, 1 - 1.5 meters behind vehicle in front (i saw that PLENTY of time people doing), or some other 'following conditions' ??

My definition of tailgate.. Anything less than 1 car length at speed of above 80kph. I only tailgate when I can't take them from the left, am "forced".. haha! :4:

huskar, that's what i usually do but i don't usually high beam just signal. My question is what if the person also keep left to continue tailgating? happen to me just yesterday. Most of the time ignore sometime i play along... usually feel dumb after that, lol! Those who say they follow the rules or don't overtake on the left...good for you, i try yet i fail all the time.

What's the difference between a porcupine and a bmw? Porcupine has the prick outside.

I find it amusing how people tailgate like 2 feet away when driving on highways. They expect you to overtake at about 50 kmh faster than the other car. That is why we have over 5,000 deaths a year on our roads. Too many idiotic drivers.

Ecc0;733356 said:
..what does it mean exactly term 'tailgate someone' ?? Is it, 1 - 1.5 meters behind vehicle in front (i saw that PLENTY of time people doing), or some other 'following conditions' ??
aha my definition more or less like what astroboy's. most important is to know your car braking capability because that will mainly determine the safe distance of tailgating.

huskar3399;733367 said:
aha my definition more or less like what astroboy's. most important is to know your car braking capability because that will mainly determine the safe distance of tailgating.

Safe distance is about 2 secs :0)

Have to agree with most of them. When ever a BMW is on the fast lane, many drivers tend to give way. To me just enjoy the drive, after all it is the Ultimate Driving Machine.

hahahha!!
i had a bimmer driver as my neighbour and my housemate accidently scratched his bimmer without knowing. Next morning i was out walkin my dog and my neighbour called me up and asked whether i know any1 who did that (he knew who scratched la cz my housemate driving red wira,leave red marked on the scratch n he got cctv). so i called my housemate out and apologise to him,we were just poor students la,so my neighbour agree to try wax the scratches away and rest the case.
From my opinion,Bimmer owner are much nicer than benz owner!

Top Bottom