White Angel : BMW E60 525i M-Sport Japan spec

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
azamin99;716314 said:
Hi Thule..i m noob here..now on e60 523i LCI Uk basic spec..wanna mod my ride exactly like yours..hope u dont mind if i download some of yr AWESOME UDM pic to show to My Finance Minister for her approval..another noob question..is the quad exhaust the real ones ? or just dummy exhaust ?

Aaahhhhh...silly, silly me..disregard the quad exhaust question...just curious, will the quad exhaust affect FC, HP n performance?

azamin99;716318 said:
Aaahhhhh...silly, silly me..disregard the quad exhaust question...just curious, will the quad exhaust affect FC, HP n performance?

If you go with those custom made ones, you might lose a bit of torque. I have the original Eisenmann Quads on my E60, works perfectly fine :) You don't lose anything except the quietness. What I mean is, there's a bit of "sport" sound and no longer silent like stock.

aoch88;716708 said:
If you go with those custom made ones, you might lose a bit of torque. I have the original Eisenmann Quads on my E60, works perfectly fine :) You don't lose anything except the quietness. What I mean is, there's a bit of "sport" sound and no longer silent like stock.

Aaaahhhhhhh...that quote sounds like "Bach/Beethoven" to my ears...cant wait to get hold one..currently, how much is the price for a quad?

azamin99;717552 said:
Aaaahhhhhhh...that quote sounds like "Bach/Beethoven" to my ears...cant wait to get hold one..currently, how much is the price for a quad?[/QUOTE

If you want those custom made ones from Malaysia Boleh shops then it's around RM2K+ onwards. If you want Remus then it's around RM5.5-6K and if you want Eisenmann, around RM7K range :)

It seems that I have been MIA from this forum... so many activities going on here :D
Just to assure you all that I'm still alive and kicking.. otherwise I won't be able to update my thread (LOL... cold joke)
Anyway, I'm in the midst of compiling some pictures of my recent MOD... not going to reveal much about it yet but please gimme some time...
stay tunes

After the extensive modding from the moment I got my car in 2008, I have since stopped doing so.. partly due to the arrival of my 2 little brats and also work commitment. One fateful day, a stone hit my E60's front windscreen and I had to claim my insurance ie. several days without my E60. Had to borrow Ninja King from my dad as work horse while the car was being fixed - and since I had a spare vehicle to use, why not do something which I have planned to do since a long time ago but never had the opportunity to do so? Moreover, the HM would definitely not suspect anything amiss.. LOL!
So talked to my ICE guy, Peter, about my sound system which was not oompphhh enough - don't get me wrong the stock speakers sounded decent but not to my liking. Moreover, when I did the interface route 4 years ago, they did not have the Aux adapter causing the driver side speaker to lose its sound after a while because it could not be fastened securely to the speaker via the iDrive. And the fact that the stock BMW amp was puny and not powerful enough to power the tweeters and door speakers plus the subwoofers underneath the seat, I could not feel the bass whenever I played house or trance songs.

Brief info - my Kenwood player was connected via Aux cable to the iDrive and then the sound would be channeled to the speakers hence the not-so-good sound quality. I told Peter that I played songs and watched DVD most of the time using the Kenwood and so he proposed to installed a 5-channel amp and Gladen sound system (from Germany) which was perfect fit for the E60. And amp would be connected directly to the Kenwood player rather than the iDrive as I seldom use it unless I wanted to listen to radio (in which I would get to that later), and then the amp would power the speakers directly.. bypassing the iDrive. The sound quality had improved tremendously as it was connected to the player directly and not iDrive. The installer even tuned the player's equalizer to get the best of all genres of song... and miraculously the radio function fr Kenwood player functioned after that. I remembered that I could not use the radio 4 years ago as the reception was so bad that all I could hear was only "sa sa sa" sound. And therefore I saved couple hundreds of dollars from programming my Japanese spec iDrive to get the local radio station frequency (YAY!!)

Pictures will follow in the next post :top:

My E60 arrived early in the morning at 10am (just in time when they opened for business) and I requested to see the items to be installed

1) Alpine MRX-V60 5-channel amplifier
IMG_3034.jpg

2) The Alpine amp together with Gladen sound system (2x tweeters, 2x 4" door speakers & 2x subwoofers)
IMG_3036.jpg

3) Work started - took off the door panel to reveal the stock BMW speakers
IMG_3037.jpg

4) Taking off the car seat to take out the stock subwoofers from undereneath
IMG_3039.jpg

5) So that's where you are hiding - stock subwoofer!
IMG_3040.jpg

After a while, I had to leave the car behind in the hand of the experts. I had to go to Klang to meet customers so I could not be there to witness the whole installation process. FYI - if you want them to do a great job, be prepared to leave it overnight as the cabling work can be quite tedious and time consuming. So when I got back in the afternoon, most of the items were already in place.

6) The glove compartment was a mess with a lot of cables dangling during the process.
IMG_3043.jpg

7) the Alpine amp has found its home directly above the Japanese HDD
IMG_3042.jpg

P.S: a lot of error messages would appear in the iDrive as they have taken out the door panel and other stuff.. such as air bag sensor and etc... so they asked the help of others to cancel the warning message.

Now I am a happy guy with a grin everytime I listened to the songs... all in all I paid less than 5k to get the whole thing done :D

Top Bottom