White Angel : BMW E60 525i M-Sport Japan spec

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
thule;660306 said:
I didn't get 19" coz I drive long distance a lot and the ride is rather bumpy with 19" and low profile tyre. 18" more manageable :4:

Nice car mate. And agree on the 19" too. I've also recently downgraded back to 18" coz I found the ride a bit too bumpy for my liking.

naharnms;661025 said:
Thule - nice car bro..if only u also have the Hamman exhaust (same like your other accessories..)

and nice shots too with your camera!

Thanks bro!! Still honing my photography skill :top:
Hamann exhaust too expensive la.. Plus I love sound of Remus :4:

Pimp My Ride teasers (in words.. sorry no pic yet :4:) Recently took my beast to be pimped by one of my trusted guy. Used to work in CMS but has resigned and became a freelancer :top: whenever my car needed to be fixed, he's one of the guys that I'd look for. The reason is his HM complained that he did not spend much time with the family and threatened to get divorced. What to do? He worked like a dog in CMS and always went home around 9pm from Mon - Sat.. sometimes even had to work on Sunday (especially when the holiday is near).

1) Got myself a pair of PIAA LED lights (anyone know how much it cost in the market?) and asked him to slot into the place where the existing foglight's place. Of course, the fog lights have to make way! I can't imagine how it looks but according to him, I'd be in a surprise when I get my car this week... pictures will be posted as soon as this weekend or next week ok?

2) Most of you might face the same problem - the rubber-like skin on the trim where your power window switches are (4 sides) started to peel after a while... and that includes the power steering trim. A sore sight indeed and so he proposed that he took off all the panels and re-spray with matt black paint for me - he had done that to a few cars already but it was the taking off process that requires more time and quite tedious.

3) Others include polishing the head lamp (seriously needed after a few years on the road). and other small tiny works...

Signed off :4:

I saw an ad in Mudah selling PIAA daylight LED lights for RM700. After you negotiate a bit, it should be cheaper but I haven't seriously research further :) Perhaps that could be your baseline for pricing.

Pimp My Ride teasers (in words.. sorry no pic yet :4:) Recently took my beast to be pimped by one of my trusted guy. Used to work in CMS but has resigned and became a freelancer :top: whenever my car needed to be fixed, he's one of the guys that I'd look for. The reason is his HM complained that he did not spend much time with the family and threatened to get divorced. What to do? He worked like a dog in CMS and always went home around 9pm from Mon - Sat.. sometimes even had to work on Sunday (especially when the holiday is near).

1) Got myself a pair of PIAA LED lights (anyone know how much it cost in the market?) and asked him to slot into the place where the existing foglight's place. Of course, the fog lights have to make way! I can't imagine how it looks but according to him, I'd be in a surprise when I get my car this week... pictures will be posted as soon as this weekend or next week ok?

2) Most of you might face the same problem - the rubber-like skin on the trim where your power window switches are (4 sides) started to peel after a while... and that includes the power steering trim. A sore sight indeed and so he proposed that he took off all the panels and re-spray with matt black paint for me - he had done that to a few cars already but it was the taking off process that requires more time and quite tedious.

i sprayed my panels @ central cushion,kepong.. quite impressive and workmanship is not bad

3) Others include polishing the head lamp (seriously needed after a few years on the road). and other small tiny works...

Signed off :4:

aoch88;671201 said:
I saw an ad in Mudah selling PIAA daylight LED lights for RM700. After you negotiate a bit, it should be cheaper but I haven't seriously research further :) Perhaps that could be your baseline for pricing.

Yeah... I did a search and found the ad too... will try to slash the price further! thanks bro!

BJM7978;671407 said:
i sprayed my panels @ central cushion,kepong.. quite impressive and workmanship is not bad

I have already sent my car to that guy... will get back the car this Thursday... update later!!! stay tuned!

After a few weeks (or maybe a month?)... I finally got my car to the condition that I wanted. I wasn't satisfied with the initial result as there were too many things to be done! I won't touch on the teeny weeny stuff but focus on the more visible result :4:

1) I have since taken out my aFe air intake and replaced back my stock air intake system PLUS K&N Drop-in Filter - better compared to the stock filter as the acceleration is improved, although not as good as when the aFe intake was there (HM complains too loud... sigh!) On other note, I am planning to sell off this aFe at jaw dropping price (PM me if you are interested ok?)

2) GoodRidge stainless steel brake hose - OEM supplier for Brembo :top: I have replaced my stock rubber brake hose with this one for about RM600 or so... lifetime warranty!

3) Spray paint my power window panel as well as steering panel (where the rubber lining started to peel off after a while)
IMG_6280.jpg

IMG_6279.jpg

4) Took off my existing fog light and replaced it with PIAA LED DRL (cost about RM600)... not inclusive of workmanship and material. Kudos to my guy who painstakingly fitted the LED in...

Picture taken at 1pm when the sun was the brightest... the LED lights were still visible during daylight!
IMG_6277.jpg

Taken from the side - FYI, the LED will turn on automatically as I started the engine without having to turn on the angel eyes :top: plus there is no error message displayed in iDrive too!
IMG_6278.jpg

Closer look - not really 100% perfect but that was as good as it can get! Yeah you have to cut the bumper a little bit to accommodate the entire LED
IMG_6281.jpg

Enjoy :4:

thule;612977 said:
And here is the summary of my JOY

Interior:
1) Original BMW Aluminum Silver Cube trim
2) //M aluminum pedal
3) Multimedia Interface
4) Kenwood DVD/USB player
5) Garmin gvn53 GPS module
6) Eclipse Reverse Camera

Hi Bro, i just got my car recently.. Wanna ask your GPS and reverse camera is it using the build in screen? Someone told me add in will effect the I drive.. Any idea?

thanks.

Bro Thule..

Use the macro lense and snap all the bugs , ladybirds , and insects at ur kayu balak area in close range - and show us here , also some intresting spots on the chikas. Sure enjoy one with the close up . I also wana buy a macro soon . Quite intresting , everything magnified .

Ken9880;679287 said:
Hi Bro, i just got my car recently.. Wanna ask your GPS and reverse camera is it using the build in screen? Someone told me add in will effect the I drive.. Any idea?

thanks.

YES to all your question.. GPS function and reverse camera will be integrated into your idrive without any problem using multimedia interface (sold separately)
And NO - it doesn't affect the iDrive in anyway. Been using this setup since 2008 and still functioning perfectly until today :top:

shiva73;679307 said:
Bro Thule..

Use the macro lense and snap all the bugs , ladybirds , and insects at ur kayu balak area in close range - and show us here , also some intresting spots on the chikas. Sure enjoy one with the close up . I also wana buy a macro soon . Quite intresting , everything magnified .

Bro, if I am able to take pictures of all the bugs and insects at the balak area, I will die lo.. That means all the logs have been infested by bugs and not in pristine condition anymore. I keep my factory pest-free :4:
Lol! I'm using a sigma 24mm f1.8 macro at the moment.. Magnification is only 1:0.5 (or 0.5:1?) so it's not life-size picture. Quality-wise can't beat even Canon 60mm f2.8 Macro but out of budget now even for this kid range lens. HM has started complaining that I'm spending a lot of $$$ on my hobby already so have to lay low for a while :4:

thule;679601 said:
YES to all your question.. GPS function and reverse camera will be integrated into your idrive without any problem using multimedia interface (sold separately)
And NO - it doesn't affect the iDrive in anyway. Been using this setup since 2008 and still functioning perfectly until today :top:

Bro Thule,

Thanks for your info.

Still remember roughly how much is the cost of Multimedia interface?

Can't wait to instal the reverse sensor as too dependent to the sound haha...

Bro Thule.... start om something small is better than nothing . Man Man buy the better one. Trust me the pic outcome is awesome , especially on colourfull insects - eye feasting . You can check at flickers for others pic. mine also not hightech one , just sony only .

Dont declare in full your hometake amount lor.. tabung sikit separately . kekeke. now i am teaching you to be a bad husband.If your HM read this , sure kena bom.

Ken9880;680541 said:
Bro Thule,
Thanks for your info.
Still remember roughly how much is the cost of Multimedia interface?
Can't wait to instal the reverse sensor as too dependent to the sound haha...

3 years ago it was RM2400... but some fellow Beemers managed to get it at cheaper price :top: if you ask me to point to the shop that I'd gone to, the price will be more or less the same.

shiva73;680740 said:
Bro Thule.... start om something small is better than nothing . Man Man buy the better one. Trust me the pic outcome is awesome , especially on colourfull insects - eye feasting . You can check at flickers for others pic. mine also not hightech one , just sony only .

Dont declare in full your hometake amount lor.. tabung sikit separately . kekeke. now i am teaching you to be a bad husband.If your HM read this , sure kena bom.

Nah.. my HM will never read this forum :4:
well, I never declare my net pay :4: but too many commitments la... insurance, repayments, etc... btw, it's end of the year, have to save $$$ for Christmas present.. and after that anniversary, Valentine's Day, her birthday, etc... LOL!!!

hehe nice ride bro thule...nice mods as well......bila la aku bole bli satu heheheh

yat325;681917 said:
hehe nice ride bro thule...nice mods as well......bila la aku bole bli satu heheheh

Thanks bro :4: I'm tweaking my ride to the specifications that I like!
Tapi I dah gatal nak tukar F10.. Hahaha :4: like you, tak tau bila saje. Maybe we can wait for another few years until the price drop to the level that we can buy ok?

Wow, bro thule, AWESOME RIDE, with AWESOME PICTURES man! Congrats on a tastefully done upgrade job!

And I hear you about the purse-strings being held tight by the Domestic Affairs Manager aka Home Minister aka Chief Financial Officer - better a stock car than an angry wife, right? I'm in exactly the same boat, heheh...

Congrats on a top job on the E60 again!

wobbles;684118 said:
Wow, bro thule, AWESOME RIDE, with AWESOME PICTURES man! Congrats on a tastefully done upgrade job!

And I hear you about the purse-strings being held tight by the Domestic Affairs Manager aka Home Minister aka Chief Financial Officer - better a stock car than an angry wife, right? I'm in exactly the same boat, heheh...

Congrats on a top job on the E60 again!

Thanks bro :4:
Still a few things to be done though. Hopefully the bonus will be big this year soni can allocate sole funds for my E60 :top: have been thinking to tweak my sound system to listen to Jacky Cheung songs :4: or upgrade to LCI head and tail lamps or even install CSL trunk.. Sigh!! So many things yet so little $$$ lol!!!
To HM, they always think that car is just a mode of transportation which get us from point A to point B, and it will depreciates in time. Better invest in things that will appreciate such as properties, stocks, golds, etc... Right? So far, all my $$$ have gone to house, insurance, properties, etc...

Hi Thule..i m noob here..now on e60 523i LCI Uk basic spec..wanna mod my ride exactly like yours..hope u dont mind if i download some of yr AWESOME UDM pic to show to My Finance Minister for her approval..another noob question..is the quad exhaust the real ones ? or just dummy exhaust ?

Top Bottom