Which E60?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ADAM MF;572534 said:
I cannot agree with you bro... suppose newer car should incurred less maintenance..

after 1 year of my ownership of E60 M-sport 2005 model (japan specs), mileage now 50K ++, I don't have any problem, the car is superb.. only visit workshop 3 times for regular oil change 10K interval

perhaps... I was lucky to get a good car and well maintained by the previous owner..

well as u said u r lucky...guess not everyone did..my previous e46 local assemble yr made 2005 (2nd hand) and my new e60 uk spec yr 2005 also (recon unregistered)...i dont hv any prob during 1.5 yrs driving my e46...just replace wear n tear parts..but during 2 months using e60...i hv few problems..

-1st i hv to change fuel pump,
-then pressure pump,
-then fuel float,
-then my front absorber was leaking,
-and recently brake pad worn.

i think japan spec is better then uk spec...anyway..once u own a bimmer...dont think too much bout the money spent..just b4 buying..choose correctly...

geewan7779;572624 said:
well as u said u r lucky...guess not everyone did...but during 2 months using e60...i hv few problems..

-then pressure pump,
-then fuel float,

i think japan spec is better then uk spec...anyway....just b4 buying..choose correctly...

bro,
I believe LUCK plays the biggest part here! Whether it's UK, Japan, German or local specs, when it's time to go, it will go :eek:

Jerman;572665 said:
bro,
I believe LUCK plays the biggest part here! Whether it's UK, Japan, German or local specs, when it's time to go, it will go :eek:

Well said bro!

Jerman;572665 said:
bro,

I agreed 300%.....My Japanese frenz said Japan car & quality was the best during mid 80s until end of 90s....after all the cost down xtvt etc......nothing much to proud with! LUCK is the keyword........

i went to Osaka last week for vacation...what so impressed me after a week there was: -
1)the road is damnly even & smoothly paved.
2)cant even find a road bumper.
3)ppl driving habit was superbly polite.

i think with these 3 important points, condition of recon cars from japan is better than UK.

Bro, depending which part of Japan as well.....in Japan City there are a lot of tramp track and also most of the juction with train track! These edges are very high & if you look at the bumps that they have in Japan are very narrow and continous....These even kills the suspension, bushes etc. Low milage but inside????I stayed in Japan long2 time ago.....

geewan7779;572624 said:
well as u said u r lucky...guess not everyone did..my previous e46 local assemble yr made 2005 (2nd hand) and my new e60 uk spec yr 2005 also (recon unregistered)...i dont hv any prob during 1.5 yrs driving my e46...just replace wear n tear parts..but during 2 months using e60...i hv few problems..

-then pressure pump,
-then fuel float,

i think japan spec is better then uk spec...anyway..once u own a bimmer...dont think too much bout the money spent..just b4 buying..choose correctly...

my neighbour had the same problem too.. his uk specs same year 2005 also just replaced the fuel pump + pressure pump + the vibration at the left tyre (found out to be absorber leaking)...

could be the common problem for 2005 batch of uk specs... ??

geewan7779;572624 said:

-then pressure pump,
-then fuel float,

my neighbour had the same problem too.. his uk specs same year 2005 also just replaced the fuel pump + pressure pump + the vibration at the left tyre (found out to be absorber leaking)...

ADAM MF;572802 said:

hemm maybe la bro...but wat to do...cant simply send back the car to the dealer...haha...luck or no luck..at the end come back to money spent...anyhow hv to repair and bear all the cost...nasiblah...at least to those who hv in mind of getting e60..now u hv a clear picture

Thanks for all the advice and feedback.... I read also on other section and forum... it seems fairly consistent that despite the luxury branding and UDM reputation, it come with a very heavy cost of ownership. I can afford the depreciation but I cant tolerate surprise that left me stranded some where especially when I'm with family.

The E90 320 that I gatal at is leaky pulak.... I may just aim for 325 but I will read more and appreciate all the bro and sis honest feedback...

320D! 320D! 320D! 320D!... Plus better quality diesel next year, that car will be the ultimate.... considering all the extras you get....

Top Bottom