Where can i find RON 98 fuel?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
RM1.92 RON97 is common at the pump apart from the cheaper RM1.88 RON92...

V power is still Ron 97 but it has its own additive to make it as a premium fuel.

The E46 manual and brochure seem to suggest that the engine will produce maximum power only if 98 octane petrol is used, and that the power will correspondingly be adjusted downwards the lower the octane.

The above could perhaps be tested out if the car is filled up with pure 98 octane petrol in Singapore. In Singapore, they don't have 97 octane petrol like in Malaysia - theirs is 98 octane. I think they even sell 100 octane petrol there, if I'm not mistaken, which some JDM cars and direct-injection lean-burn cars require.

Oh yeah, Singaporean fuel is yummy. Idling is smoother, power is more immediate. Too bad it's double the price of Malaysian petrol.

Its actually not expensive if you earn in Singapore Dollars....

Malaysia Boleh!

Hrm...there seems to be a difference between Sg V Power and Msia V Power. Sg's a RON98 while Msia's a RON97.

Most Sg stations whould have RON92,RON95 and RON98. No RON97s' like in Msia. :huh:

sorry to revive this old thread. May I know which are the petrol stations in the JB area across from woodlands that carries 100 octane petrol now? On the Woodlands side, not the Tuas side. Thx vm in advance.

I am from Singapore.

Greentea said:
sorry to revive this old thread. May I know which are the petrol stations in the JB area across from woodlands that carries 100 octane petrol now? On the Woodlands side, not the Tuas side. Thx vm in advance.

I am from Singapore.
It's probably too late now.. I believe you can find them at Petron stations. below list may help if still needed.

closer to Woodlands I believe.

PETRON KEBUN TEH UTAMA - 52 JALAN KEBUN TEH, JOHOR BAHRU, 80250 JOHOR
PETRON YAHYA AWAL - 2-C; JLN YAHYA AWAL; JOHOR BAHRU; 80100 JOHOR
PETRON JLN TUN ABDUL RAZAK - 1B; JLN TUN ABDUL RAZAK; JOHOR BAHRU 80100 JOHOR
PETRON TAMAN PELANGI - 218; JLN SRI PELANGI; TAMAN PELANGI 80200 JOHOR

Top Bottom