V-Power RON 98 NO MORE!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;449374 said:
Please define "proper"..

Below 4k rpm, can't tell any difference, beyond that, it runs out of breath pretty fast. Is the "proper"?!

thanks.. unless i one day inherit an E23, i'll stay away from it then.

i got my last dose of V at bangsar station on friday just b4 my trip to genting... but i had already missed one refill prior to this as my regular sg.besi station discontinued last week after about 3 years of V, so it was not pure and could feel the diff(dun ask me how, the V fans should know) as i pushed the car up hard. ;( tomoro is refill time.. just gonna stick wt the 97 for now.. tired but still a big V fan, if not mistaken during the oil crisis it was 2.80/ltr, and it was painfull throughout! i hate shell now!!!!!!!!!!! a++ ho13s, takin us fr a ride...

USJ6 Shell no more V-power. However they put on notice telling you which Shell station nearby still have V-Power.
USJ2 and USJ4.

Juan Powerblow;449334 said:
Ermmm... if it's "masa ke semasa", this means it's only temporary. The thing I wanna know is this, is V-Power over for good or issit just a temporary freeze. If this news get out I bet we're gonna see a lot of supercars rushing to Shell now for one last dose, hehehe...

i was told that its gonna gone (v-power) for good in stages. tat is because the demand is low as compare to RON-97. maybe our government subsidies v-power too much so its time for them to scrap off v-power with some excuses:rolleyes:

chookleng;449324 said:
bro...i don understand quite well. if V-Power is RON97 than wats the different with the regular 97? damn i been pumping on V-Power for two years without knowing the difference. can shed me some lights here?

V-Power is RON 98 not RON 97....:listen:

chookleng;449290 said:
calling all bro who pump only V-power!! only until yesterday i realize that V-power had been scrapped and replace with RON 95 in stages (very fast stages). it used to be available anywhere at JB shell station. now heck...within 10km Radius of my staying place, it has got only 1 shell station still offering V-power (only two pump still equip with V-power out of 12 pumps). i have been using V-power since 2007 for my both german make. with the ending of RON-98...any idea what to replace or any better / similar grade fuel that same alike like V-Power RON 98???
how you guys who pump only V-Power cope with these changes?

yup, i had no choice but ron 97. damn, no more v power.

only selected station sells VPower. You can ask your neighborhood Shell station on the location.

in USJ the stations are at USJ4 and USJ8.

accidentally filled up with RON95 at petronas. didnt realize they had it at my place. car feels sluggish. maybe its just me.

BMW520;449646 said:
V-Power is RON 98 not RON 97....:listen:

dude, astroboy said V-Power is RON 97 in second thread. all alone i knew its RON-98 until astroboy said Ron97. than now im really not sure on this whether it is Ron 97 or Ron 98.

bro thanks for the valuable info. but than again...it seem pointless to me since not all shell is selling RON-98. you see...wat if u travel from one city to another city only to end u up without V-Power? re-fuel normal grade petrol 1st and than back to your own city than only u pump RON-98 again? i mean...wats the point than? i use to drive 5min only for V-power within my vicinity. but now...knn....need to drive 20min for v-power. WAT THE HECK MEN!!!!!!!! Just my 2cents. no offend to all.

They cannot announce it to be RON98 or RON100 and yet continue to get govt subsidy which is not fair to the Rakyat. RON98 is super premuim fuel for supercars and doesn't make any logical sense to be subsidized. That's the reason they never place any RON figure anywhere, even on their official website. Those with sufficient engine compression will be able to tell the difference.

Yes, I make those up, but don't u think they make some sense? Sometimes watch too much TV helps us think outside the box.. :p

Unless they tell the Govt V-Power is actually RON95... then can continue to get subsidized.... :D :D No la... they are way too smart to fall for that.. :p

lol! the same question was asked before, by the same person.. :D :D

My answer to the above however, is quite refreshing eh?! :D :D

chookleng;449324 said:
bro...i don understand quite well. if V-Power is RON97 than wats the different with the regular 97? damn i been pumping on V-Power for two years without knowing the difference. can shed me some lights here?

The difference is additives. This is how you get the 'feel good' feeling.

I just filled up my car (M54) engine with RON95 as per the manual (Research Method fuel apart from RON 98). Since my M54 engine has a knock control function, it can run on different grades of fuel. With regard to RON 91, my manual recommends me to use it only in exceptional circumstances.
I have a very good first impression on RON 95. The engine immediately feels quieter. This is very evident. Performance wise, on the highway I can't tell the difference from RON 97. After all, all the performance and fuel consumption figures are based on RON 98. Based on my manual, RON 97 is like neither here, nor there. At least RON 95 is Research Method fuel. Probably, this is the reason why the engine is quieter. Apart from this, I feel my consumption feels better with RON 95 compared to RON 97. This is just my initial observation. To be confirmed later.
I heard in Thailand, there's no RON 97. Only RON 95. So, I guess it's OK to fill your car with RON 95.

Fuel companies have been pumping up the amount of additives they are putting into the fuel during this RON95 launch period to ensure consumers get good experiences when they first try it. I am not sure if it'll stay this way forever.

paultantk;449782 said:
Fuel companies have been pumping up the amount of additives they are putting into the fuel during this RON95 launch period to ensure consumers get good experiences when they first try it. I am not sure if it'll stay this way forever.

It's not only in RON 95. Additives have been added in RON 97 such as V power as well. All oil companies add additives - techron, primas etc...

funfer_fahrer;449784 said:
It's not only in RON 95. Additives have been added in RON 97 such as V power as well. All oil companies add additives - techron, primas etc...

Bro ... what Paul meant is that with the introduction of RON 95 oil companies are increasing the dosage of additives in RON 95 than they normally would to give a good impression of the fuel to motorist that uses RON 95 for the 1st time. How long would the oil companies adding the extra additives is remain to be seen.
Couple of days ago i accidentally filled up RON95 at Petronas station USJ21. i'm impressed with the fuel, low end torque is unaffected and gives similar mileage around town however at WOT the car do feel sluggish.

Top Bottom