What's the fuss of owning 320d compared to your previous ride?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
muhaiminrahim;696709 said:
bro maniac, organise one with at least few week notice.. want to join too maa :4: but thats after my car is out from ICU laa.. hehe :4:

since already in ICU, ask them to add the pacemaker (power kit)....ahem

DJH;696730 said:
ok, ok. 320d black soot...blah x 3.
Since the beginning, the comparison is always between 320d and 325i (maybe due to close timing of 0-100kph) so let's stick to that.
Go up genting, which one more syok? No need to talk about top speed which is hard to come by especially going up genting, city driving, or even driving in highway (jam selalu). Based on the percentage of time spent in car on these scenario and on daily driving, I will choose 320d. Not about FC but so sick of going to fill up the fuel every 4 days or so. Yes, we may queue behind some lorries but we did it so rare, we are not exposed with the poison fumes there.
So far, it may be true that 320d owners drive a bit crazy compared to 325i but may not be expert (have to clarify, otherwise kena tembak). I, for one, love to drive fast and i like the pickup more so between 320d and 325i, it makes more sense to have the former. Who knows, what my next car will be but for now, let me enjoy it with the addition of power kit. Have any of you tried it with power kit? If not, try it and then come back here and comment again. Who knows, we may have more oil burner thereafter. That is my wish and that is to explain, 320d is a good car.

:listen: sweet summary bro, would love to test your ride (with the installed power-kit) with my E60. They say even with the lower torque, (the E90) body to weight ratio, will make up the difference :4:... lets see how true is that. You game bro :4:?

sure why not? We have been talking about E90 (320d vs 325i), now E60. Would love to know the difference between E60 and E90. Ya, maybe E60 is lighter (power to weight ratio), can someone confirm? Wonder why they can't make the same for E90.
Bro dzul, I assume yours is 525i. How does it compared to E90 325i? Is it faster?

DJH;696756 said:
sure why not? We have been talking about E90 (320d vs 325i), now E60. Would love to know the difference between E60 and E90. Ya, maybe E60 is lighter (power to weight ratio), can someone confirm? Wonder why they can't make the same for E90.
Bro dzul, I assume yours is 525i. How does it compared to E90 325i? Is it faster?

err,mr VP e60 is a 530d with secret ingredient under the hood lah bro..
our diesel otai ni..

DJH;696756 said:

:4: got you there bro, mine is also running on diesel and fyi, the lighter body would be the E90 and not the E60 bro .... :4::4::4:...

Cis..... how can he compare la. Some more, 530d... what, 3 litre engine? Of course la mine kalah teruk.
How i wish BMW M'sia can bring 325d...or above. Then maybe can try to challenge, heheh
Bro dzul, i wan to test your 530d and u can also try mine. Have never test 530d before actually. When got chance ar? I am going to Kuantan tmrw but sorry la will be going in S class or maybe 523i. Outstation, need comfort ride. Wanna meet up?

I'll be going to Muar this Thur in my friend's modified GTR (700odd bhp). Anyone wanna meet up there? PM me.

DJH;696765 said:
Cis..... how can he compare la. Some more, 530d... what, 3 litre engine? Of course la mine kalah teruk.
How i wish BMW M'sia can bring 325d...or above. Then maybe can try to challenge, heheh
Bro dzul, i wan to test your 530d and u can also try mine. Have never test 530d before actually. When got chance ar? I am going to Kuantan tmrw but sorry la will be going in S class or maybe 523i. Outstation, need comfort ride. Wanna meet up?

anytime bro, juz give me a buzz ... 530d gives your the torque, the bits of power and a lot of comfort bro ... :top:. Thats why Im always with it on my road trips. Pure driving pleasure..... :4:.. :top:

err the first post started it all by saying it can "tapau" 320, 323 and 325 so if anybody is going after fellow bmw is the first poster. Then i see don't la compare oranges, apples and kiwi's. Then i see some say we are one family... i think we are going off track to the thread title, no?

exactly...first tapau 320i la 323i la 325i la Japanese car la...then say cannot compare to ///M la 530d la...'all to suits oneself' comparison only aka syiok sendiri...

anyway it's evident where the discussion is going...to 'celebrate' and idolized the 320d...ok ok we get it...say la earlier this is a syiok sendiri thread...hehehe

my new tag line..."320d my new found "best friend"...

MRsamdol;696784 said:
err the first post started it all by saying it can "tapau" 320, 323 and 325 so if anybody is going after fellow bmw is the first poster. Then i see don't la compare oranges, apples and kiwi's. Then i see some say we are one family... i think we are going off track to the thread title, no?

I also must add, prior to owning 320d, i kena tarpau-ed by 323i and 325i. So the fuss is now..... time to get even. lol
U r right, cannot find apple to apple to compare. For those who discussed on 320d vs 325i must have wanted to say, for faster pick up at RM50k cheaper, go for 320d. Just to ciss off the latter. Dun think the intention was bad.
Anyway, it is all for the fun of discussion here. End of the day, we are owning TEH UDM. Glad to be part of the group of bimmer owners.

The main fact is, for 2 litre engine and able to tarpau 323i and 325i. That says a lot for 2 litre engine. For current ///M, I will do the same (create same thread) if I have 1M and can challenge M3 and M5. That's how i look at it. Both scenario, it is also cheaper

sorry but I don't see 323i and 325i owners here make a fuss about "tapauing" 320i and other japs car then brag about how great the car is and started a thread like this to syiok sendiri...or just to get even?

yes the 320d is a good car but so far some of its driver now behaves like some GTi owners that think their car is the fastest on the planet...just because they have an unsettled grudge of being "tapaued"

DJH;696787 said:
I also must add, prior to owning 320d, i kena tarpau-ed by 323i and 325i. So the fuss is now..... time to get even. lol
U r right, cannot find apple to apple to compare. For those who discussed on 320d vs 325i must have wanted to say, for faster pick up at RM50k cheaper, go for 320d. Just to ciss off the latter. Dun think the intention was bad.
Anyway, it is all for the fun of discussion here. End of the day, we are owning TEH UDM. Glad to be part of the group of bimmer owners.

t2ribena;696786 said:
exactly...first tapau 320i la 323i la 325i la Japanese car la...then say cannot compare to ///M la 530d la...'all to suits oneself' comparison only aka syiok sendiri...

anyway it's evident where the discussion is going...to 'celebrate' and idolized the 320d...ok ok we get it...say la earlier this is a syiok sendiri thread...hehehe

my new tag line..."320d my new found "best friend"...

:24::24::24:

geesh, someone miss the plot here. For 323i or 325i tarpauing 320i and to brag about it? Lol. 323i and 325i tarpau-ing 335i, then is more proper and that's what part of the thread is all about.

DJH;696788 said:
The main fact is, for 2 litre engine and able to tarpau 323i and 325i. That says a lot for 2 litre engine. For current ///M, I will do the same (create same thread) if I have 1M and can challenge M3 and M5. That's how i look at it. Both scenario, it is also cheaper

great mentality...

the 335i tuned is able to "tapau" a lot of cars, M3 and M5 included...but I don't see these owner makes a fuss about it...again...

DJH;696788 said:

Then you should try to go to tarpau Evo...., or 1.3 rotary RX8..

ohh, wasn't saying only after power kit i did that.
Anyway, what's your fuss actually? I am just sharing with all how much i luv this 320d and how much it is able to do. If u r not too happy with what i share here, what am i suppose to do? Apologise to u when i did not relate u at all since the beginning?

kimi yap;696796 said:
Then you should try to go to tarpau Evo...., or 1.3 rotary RX8..

aiyo, kimi. I said i am able to tarpau a lot does not mean every model right? I am just telling all how happy i am able to overtake those models that did the same to me when I owned FD2. U know la, many cars car overtake FD2 easily so no need Evo

Top Bottom