1st three months of driving the LCI 325 msports

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Agreed, nothing...absolutely nothing in this class has the dynamics of an E9x......it is the only 3-series that I would not need to mod. It is that good!

kevster30;423498 said:
Should try it going sideways @160km at turn 5 and turn 6 at Sepang.......truly one of the best chassis frm BMW!

Cool!

Turn 5 and 6, what gear to use eh? agak-agak what speed le?
20090304114324806_2.jpg

That 325 in the photo is too oversteer la.. his lap time confirm suffer, he did it on purpose?

Looks like overcooked huh? :p But kevster's point is the E90's great chassis. If that was truly at 160kmh, lesser cars might have spun or flipped.

The purpose of this picture is to show how well balance the E90 is through corners. It can hold the drift at quite a high speed and longer duration. Furthermore, this is with a auto gearbox and non-lsd diff.

I believe the instructors are there to show the participants on the dynamics of the car. Not the lap time driving in Sepang.

... or its done on purpose. I have tried taking such corners and the stock standard E90 will actually screech with 4-wheels equally and very easy to control (DSC off, in the dry :p), even by amateur by balancing the throttle to control the intensity of the screech.

To many car, the moment it screeches, it's beyond control but the E9x, its part of driving.. :eek: :top:

Elwine30 is right, we did this on purpose to show the 50/50 weight distribution of the car. A stock standard, non-m-sport car, auto tranny w/o LSD can hold a 45% drift angle through turn 5 at 160km/h. This wasn't about lap times, it was about demonstrating dynamics.....

When holding racing lines, the car is completely composed and drama-free. Where's the fun in that? .....ekkekeeke

Anyway, brilliant car with brilliant dynamics. Just wanted to share that.

Cheers guys.

Some pretty expert countersteering there. Wouldn't have been a student right? Who was the dude at the wheel, kev?

this made me want to sign up for the driver's training session next mth....argghhh

Schwepps;423584 said:
Some pretty expert countersteering there. Wouldn't have been a student right? Who was the dude at the wheel, kev?

Photographer was in my car, in frnt of me is another instructor(which chooses to remain anonymous). If you notice my car ain't exactly going straight either.....hehehehe, we were in a tandem drift. I had less slip angle as we always promote safety first.....:top:

This is the part of our syllabus called 'track fascination'. This is where the instructors give participants a taxi ride on the track and demonstrate the finer aspects of car control....

glock_8;423591 said:
this made me want to sign up for the driver's training session next mth....argghhh

Come....come.....I'm sure you will have a great time under the tutelage of our el-presidente...:top:

Believe me, no point modding your rides, your hard-earned income is best spent on improving your driving skills and knowledge. Remember what the Pirelli tagline was in the 80s and 90s? POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL!

Then that must be el-presidente la! :) Forgive my ignorance, so you're an instructor too, kevster?

kevster30;423594 said:
Come....come.....I'm sure you will have a great time under the tutelage of our el-presidente...:top:

Believe me, no point modding your rides, your hard-earned income is best spent on improving your driving skills and knowledge. Remember what the Pirelli tagline was in the 80s and 90s? POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL!

second that!

t2ribena;423598 said:
bro...why during my training day we didn't get this 'fascination' ler????

i want to contact BMW to give them a piece of mind liau...???!!!
icon8.gif
not fair!!!! refund!!!
icon10.gif

My apologies, sometimes Sepang is fully booked by other events that eat into our time. On this I apologise on behalf of the BMW Driving Academy.

My advise is that you should call them. Who knows? Remember persistence pays!

Unfortunately the ADT doesn't give us tracktime, and we only get a taxi ride. Other exercises were done in car park areas.

A more advanced ADT course with track time would be nice. Last time around there was talk that for participants for the first ADT, there would be a more advanced level 2 kinda training for track driving. When ar?

My last timed lap around the full track was a lousy ~3 mins on a modded Honda 1.6 Dohc Vtec Ek4. What are you instructors pulling for the full track on a stock std E90 325i?

E46Fanatic;423609 said:
Unfortunately the ADT doesn't give us tracktime, and we only get a taxi ride. Other exercises were done in car park areas.

A more advanced ADT course with track time would be nice. Last time around there was talk that for participants for the first ADT, there would be a more advanced level 2 kinda training for track driving. When ar?

Due to the global economic downturn, the next level which is called 'INTENSIVE' will be offered next year.

kevster30;423611 said:
Due to the global economic downturn, the next level which is called 'INTENSIVE' will be offered next year.

INTENSIVE sounds expensive then hehe... There was some formula BMW driving experience thingy, which looked like it involved track time behind the Formula BMW single seater. Something like Rm4.5k for the "experience". I wonder how much INTENSIVE will be.

Top Bottom