What's the fuss of owning 320d compared to your previous ride?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
If want to eat GTI we have to find corners..straight road no way..

:42: *watches from the sidelines while having popcorn.......

gendong;696356 said:
:42: *watches from the sidelines while having popcorn.......

is this gonna be a long drama like the latin america telenovela? heheh

namidub;696346 said:
Yalah abang wobbles,no need to fight2. Our BMWs are all good.irregardless.
Heck, later when iBMW introduced,there will be a band of electric warrior vs diesel heads vs petrol heads. hahaha
I agree,i hold a certain respect whenever i see another udm driver on the road,as long as they aren't idiot.

lets get back to our public enemy #1 - Golf GTI then.

Hey what's wrong with GTis, I have one and love to be the "idiot behind the wheel" whether in a GTi or a BMW.

Telenovela!!!,

Hahah, bro Saat, so when you feel like being a bane to the BMW drivers out there, you will get behind the wheel of your GTI, and when you feel like taking your UDMs out for a spin, you get behind the wheel of your Z4 & other Bimmers! :top: BEST!

VKS;696307 said:
320d
Drag (cw) 0.27
Top speed (km/h) 233
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) 7.6
Acceleration 0 - 1,000 m (in s) 28.2

...guess the drivers of these oil burners are really good or they meet only lemon opponent all the time....

sorry for the noob question, but how come:

e46 330i/ci
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) = 6.3s
with only 300Nm torque compared to the so-called ~400Nm torque on the 320d?

VKS;696307 said:
Drag (cw) 0.29
Top speed (km/h) 242
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) 7.7
Acceleration 0 - 1,000 m (in s) 28.1

320d
Drag (cw) 0.27
Top speed (km/h) 233
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) 7.6
Acceleration 0 - 1,000 m (in s) 28.2

...guess the drivers of these oil burners are really good or they meet only lemon opponent all the time....

Bro, try looking at the in-gear acceleration times of the 2.0 diesel compared 2.5 petrol. That would explain why the drivers oil burners are really not that "good".

its slower because after the tq boost, the engine falls flat. but the trick is to use the black smoke as a smoke screen like the ninja's. u smoke 'em, so they have to hit the brakes, then u quickly run away....:D hehehe.

SilverBullet;696407 said:
sorry for the noob question, but how come:

e46 330i/ci
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h (in s) = 6.3s
with only 300Nm torque compared to the so-called ~400Nm torque on the 320d?

ramsing;696421 said:
its slower because after the tq boost, the engine falls flat. but the trick is to use the black smoke as a smoke screen like the ninja's. u smoke 'em, so they have to hit the brakes, then u quickly run away....:D hehehe.

I guess so la bro..with the rpm redline at only 5k..it's really like premature ejaculation..after reading so much good reviews on the 320d, starting to really considering it for my next ride but the slower acceleration times, the clattering sound, black smoke, and having to queue with lorries/busses at certain petrol stations are still some concerning factors for me..guess we can't have it all..choices...choices..

There still seems to be so much misunderstanding about horsepower n torque. Read my usain bolt/michael Johnson 400m duel analogy earlier.

An 8000 rpm redline sounds orgasmic but in real world KL driving conditions, you'd probably hit the next traffic choke before your needle gets anywhere near the redline. Thus, torque is more desirable in everyday driving, which is why the 320d is the top selling 3er in UK. The torque delivery is pretty muted below 3k rpm in the 325. But that's when the new f30 328i twin turbo to remedy that.

Driving a high torque car like the 320d is like Thor wielding his sledgehammer. Driving a low torque high horsepower car is like road runner doing his sprint....

kuntakinte;696461 said:
There still seems to be so much misunderstanding about horsepower n torque. Read my usain bolt/michael Johnson 400m duel analogy earlier.

An 8000 rpm redline sounds orgasmic but in real world KL driving conditions, you'd probably hit the next traffic choke before your needle gets anywhere near the redline. Thus, torque is more desirable in everyday driving, which is why the 320d is the top selling 3er in UK. The torque delivery is pretty muted below 3k rpm in the 325. But that's when the new f30 328i twin turbo to remedy that.

Agree totally, bro kuntakinte - that's why I'm so happy that 450Nm of torque is made available from 1300rpm in the 640i hehehe.

The best city car, with impressive torque at very low rpm, yet, lowest fuel or even 0 FC .... Hybrid or fully electric motor-based car.

kimi yap;696540 said:
The best city car, with impressive torque at very low rpm, yet, lowest fuel or even 0 FC .... Hybrid or fully electric motor-based car.

SEGWAY is the best - in that case! Hahaha

The best thing about the 320d and 520d is the strong camaraderie amongst its owners and the fact that we always meet up for TTs and great drives!!-like today's drive to Raub, Ulu Yam and back to KL-lunch with durians too in Ulu Yam!

Thanks Maniac bro for the superb organisation and planning...thanks to the participants for being such good and merry company!....TiTan, Kong, Mat6689, Wuk51 and Trading Crew!

kimi yap;696540 said:

think that one will come in the form of the upcoming iBMW cars.

docrayboy;696589 said:
The best thing about the 320d and 520d is the strong camaraderie amongst its owners and the fact that we always meet up for TTs and great drives!!-like today's drive to Raub, Ulu Yam and back to KL-lunch with durians too in Ulu Yam!

Thanks Maniac bro for the superb organisation and planning...thanks to the participants for being such good and merry company!....TiTan, Kong, Mat6689, Wuk51 and Trading Crew!

bro maniac, organise one with at least few week notice.. want to join too maa :4: but thats after my car is out from ICU laa.. hehe :4:

ok, ok. 320d black soot...blah x 3.
Since the beginning, the comparison is always between 320d and 325i (maybe due to close timing of 0-100kph) so let's stick to that.
Go up genting, which one more syok? No need to talk about top speed which is hard to come by especially going up genting, city driving, or even driving in highway (jam selalu). Based on the percentage of time spent in car on these scenario and on daily driving, I will choose 320d. Not about FC but so sick of going to fill up the fuel every 4 days or so. Yes, we may queue behind some lorries but we did it so rare, we are not exposed with the poison fumes there.
So far, it may be true that 320d owners drive a bit crazy compared to 325i but may not be expert (have to clarify, otherwise kena tembak). I, for one, love to drive fast and i like the pickup more so between 320d and 325i, it makes more sense to have the former. Who knows, what my next car will be but for now, let me enjoy it with the addition of power kit. Have any of you tried it with power kit? If not, try it and then come back here and comment again. Who knows, we may have more oil burner thereafter. That is my wish and that is to explain, 320d is a good car.

Top Bottom