What can key fob do remotely?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The opposite of heating is cooling bud. The aircon comes on and the doors remain locked while you finish your TT in the mamak. :1:

This is available in certain Japs and maybe other marques. In a BMW you do it the old-fashioned way: roll down all 4 windows (and sunroof) with the remote and let the hot air out, and insects and hijackers in.

My UK import 530i have Aux. Ventilation on the menu, and I can set timer for it I think, I'm guessing that this is it. Never used it though.

Yes, our E90s can also switch on the ventilation fan automatically at a set time, at least for those with iDrive. But the aircon compressor doesn't come on. The engine of the basic Vios can be started with the remote, and if the aircon is set on auto it comes on as well. That's what one of my staff does to cool down his interior while he stands around outside having a puff. :top:

One more thing that your key fob can do is get you in to see the ongoing BMW Malaysian Open women's tennis tournament in Bukit Kiara Equestrian and Country Club. Just show your key fob or White Card and you get in for free, even to this weekend's semifinals and finals. 3 people can get in on your 2 fobs and White Card. I've been there for the past few evenings. BMW ownership has its advantages! :top:

Schwepps;613092 said:
One more thing that your key fob can do is get you in to see the ongoing BMW Malaysian Open women's tennis tournament in Bukit Kiara Equestrian and Country Club. Just show your key fob or White Card and you get in for free, even to this weekend's semifinals and finals. 3 people can get in on your 2 fobs and White Card. I've been there for the past few evenings. BMW ownership has its advantages! :top:

Wow, didn't know that. BMW ownership does have its special advantages.

If you're a tennis fan, the semis tomorrow evening are Dokic vs Krajicek and Safarova vs Groth. Some fine tennis has been played already, and world no 5 and French Open winner Schiavone was knocked out early. The 2nd round onwards was by ticket only...but BMW owners and cohorts walk in free. :wink:

Top Bottom